Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06 | 09:36 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Where is the tread??? Looks like someone has been having fun. To bad I don't have that kinda power yet... Oh but I will. Sucks that most of you that have the 1JZ live in Florida. Wish I could say I was closer so I could come see the cars at the track. Texas is kinda far. All I ever see is Supra's and the occational SC 2JZGTE. Which is still neat just not as neat as the 1JZ. You know rarity is kinda nice. Well once again Got_Trd you have a very nice car and so does VJ RC51.
Old 01-25-06 | 05:10 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

do you guys ever go to Bradenton track? test and tune is thursdays.
Old 01-25-06 | 12:37 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

oh man here comes the excuses... i ran 14.4 @ 100mph with no LSD, stock boost, no mods except air intake... u dont see me making excuses.. i think it ran pretty damn good for what it was.
That was a baseline run, and i don't plan to go back til i got my car set to run at the track. There is no reason to make passes if your going to complain to everyone whats wrong with it and why it didnt do good.
Why havn't I gone back to the track? Ive been busy making my car 100% reliable and 100% working like OEM. There is no point of trying to make a car fast if theres problems elsewhere!

Have I been modding for power? Of course, i have more mods then Chino and can probably drop more HP on the dyno, but without an LSD installed yet, the car stays at 8psi due to lack of traction. And if your wondering, no SaFC will ever touch my car, theres documentation why to never put one on a 1JZ
Old 01-25-06 | 05:43 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ok, here i go!

his safc is not changed at all from factory... so drop that line.

some people go to the track to have fun, not see if they can set a record... even if there is something wrong with their car, at least they are having fun and practicing their technique. chino wouldnt run his car if something could possibly hurt the car instead of just the time.

you did make a lot of excuses when you ran a 15.6 or whatever it was with your headlight out, so we wont go there. im not about to start an internet war, im just stating facts.

i highly doubt you could put down more power than chinos car... but thats just from experience... i havent seen you car run in a few months.

you may have more mods, but that means nothing if he is still 1.2 seconds faster. im sure when chino fixes his knock sensor problem, he will run you AT THE TRACK, on STOCK BOOST, and show you that your car is really not what you think it is with your $5 junk yard mods that you seem to think are more worth it than spending the cash on proven products.

back to the track thing, even i run... and i have a stock SC! even at 15.9 @89mph, i know its not fast, but its fun. ive got a new clutch, fresh oil, and a few other maitinance things out of the way, so ill go back and hit a low 15... and yes, it will still be slow, but fun.

just get off the topic, have your opinion, and for god sakes speak it, but know the facts, and stop contradicting yourself. happy posting everyone.
Old 01-25-06 | 06:32 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

LOL junk mods? Who has $5 junk mods? Not me Well ok becides the ford OEM 2spd electric fan that flows over 3800CFM that costed 40bux. O well whatever makes you sleep at night is fine with me. I thought since you and chino knew so much about 1JZGTEs, i thought you knew that SAFC's pull timing on the motor, even zero across the board, why do you think i don't have one.

But then again, what do i know.. My car has been running for over 6 months with not one issue daily driven 50-100mi a day, nothing electrical or mechanical becides a OEM waterpump where the plastic impeller spun on the shaft and that was fixed the next day.

O well think what you want, it makes me feel special that you try your hardest to put my car down. Sounds like you got a little brown on your nose tho.
Old 01-25-06 | 09:17 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i never said anything negative about your car... there you go without the facts again. im not kissing anyones *** here, i just give credit where credit is due. from my understanding, chinos car was runnin with no issues for about 3 years ... when you mod and drive a car like it should be driven, **** happens... especially when its not 100% factory. i dont see why you feel the need to always try to hate on chino and his car on every forum known to man. of corse im going to chine in, thats what friends are for. where is your prof that the safc pulls timing.. i thought you didnt believe anything you read on a forum. chinos car is pulling timing anways due to the knock sensor. thats why he has been running pig rich. just stop acting like you know everything, be a supportive member of this forum, and just get on with your happy little life.
Old 01-26-06 | 10:36 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

How about you quit telling me to like someone i do not like, and to stop telling me a fully modded 1JZ SC300 that runs mid 13s is fast, when all the others in the country run 12s with the same mods. Since you and chino know it all about these cars, i woulda thought u knew how an SAFC works and how it causes the 1jzgte ecu to retard the timing.. F-CON is the only way to tune a stock ECU successfully without problems, the trick is... finding someone who knows how to.

As far as knock sensors go, you know that you can have those replaced and rewired in under a few hours. I have 2 good ones sitting on my 2JZGE, and about to have 2 more... BTW, running good doesnt = running rich with knock sensor problems. That = running bad.
Old 01-26-06 | 12:57 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't know the term "fully modified" has changed since I last heard it. From what I see, his car is basically stock. basic bolt ons is all I can see. I see stock twins and a stcok ecu still.

Doesn't "Fully modified" mean big single, EMS, cams, etc?

Last edited by DETUNED; 01-26-06 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-26-06 | 03:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I didn't know the term "fully modified" has changed since I last hear it. From what I see, his car is basically stock. basic bolt ons is all I can see. I see stock twins and a stcok ecu still.

Doesn't "Fully modified" mean big single, EMS, cams, etc?
overnight parts from japan

then i woke up..... seems like the only people giving out the right info about my car are the people that actually know me... and ric obviously doesnt know me....

i dont even have a dp yet.... stock buddy.... barely even bpu...

i also find it funny that a piggyback which tunes fuel has timing adjustments as well... surely the afc doesnt NOT have ANY timing control
Old 01-26-06 | 03:30 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

young grasshopper.. yes SAFC is a fuel computer, but its how it tricks the ECU to add fuel which affects the timing. Its a proven point look for it on various websites about the 1JZGTE if you care... if not o well enjoy your knock sensor problems. Theres things that make power differences on a 1JZ, and theres things that dont. Go ahead and get your bigger downpipe, front mount ic and run mid high 13s and wonder why.. thats fine with me.
Old 01-26-06 | 03:46 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Dag you guys are still at it huh.......
Old 01-26-06 | 03:59 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

no its fine by me, he can do generic turbo mods to his car without taking the time to do research to what actually effects it, and how it effects the car
Old 01-26-06 | 04:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! WHY DONT YOU PUT UP OR SHUT UP? IF YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT YOU ARE SOME HOW BETTER THAN HIM OR YOU CAR IS FASTER, THEN RACE HIM AND WE WILL ALL KNOW! ITS NOT ****ING ROCKET SCIENCE!! RUN AT THE TRACK, WINNER TAKES THEIR PRIDE, AND THE LOOSER NEVER POSTS ON CL AGAIN. GOD THIS IS ANNOYING, YOUR LIKE A DAMN GNAT, AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE SMACKS YOUR OFF THEIR ARM. YOU STILL POST THINGS THAT ARE NO WHERE NEAR THE TRUTH! PUT DOWN YOUR CRACK PIPE, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HOURSE, AND THEN COME BACK AND MAKE A REASONABLE POST THAT HAS A VALID POINT!
Old 01-26-06 | 04:33 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

huh

Oh and i dont race my car because its not ready to be raced at the track, and it won't be til i have it how i want it. Could be days, weeks, months.. When i feel its ready, then ill let you know.

I'm not in a rush, why are you? Enjoy the bench racing
Old 01-26-06 | 04:42 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

he's right on the s-afc
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=57...t=s-afc+tuning
click on the power Primer link if you want more about it

edit: i just wanted to add that i wasn't aware that a man was manlier than another if his car was faster...i must be a woman, not having a running car.

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time