Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

8.787 1/8th mile (finally got in the 8.7's)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-06, 06:45 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
thx man. yea they take real good care of all tracks here in tx because we have so many people that are way way way into bring their old muscle cars out. That chit is all over my rear ground effects. Yea i think that combined with my brake torque launch helps that 60'. I can't wait till tomorrow to see what i run with the weight reduction. Hey i was checking out that dragtimes.com there are some insane times on there, but no one list their mods. thereis no way that one car ran a 13.1 1/4mi with a stock engine. No f'ing way in hell.

what is your name on that site?
The guy that ran a 13.1 (RORO) has a huge thread here about his car, weight reduction, etc. Also on dragtimes is DNSZoom (David) myself (Cole), (coasterG) and (tt061880) tt update our times as we make runs. I wish the tracks were still open around here, as we've had very mild weather so far this year. Calling for 70 today and tomorrow.

I believe he ran that 13.1 with LOTS of weight removed, LMS exhaust and LMS intake. He has a supercharger now, but awaiting a belt for the new smaller pulley.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=busy+day

Last edited by caymandive; 12-17-06 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-17-06, 07:05 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, he has about 260lbs removed and he only had an exhaust at the time. The rest of us are either have intake or stock. I havent seen an IS350 on dragtimes with both exhaust and intake. I believe that would yield low 13s as well unless the weather is really hot.
Old 12-17-06, 11:42 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone local to the Kennedale 8th mile track(between south Arlington and Fort Worth) should come out.. We are about to head there now, it closes at 5.. It'll be fun, come on out, it's $10 unlimited and ladies are free
Old 12-17-06, 11:45 AM
cajunboy
Driver

i might show up but only after the New orleans saint whoop on the redskin.
Old 12-17-06, 03:58 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my 60' was horrible today. I ran a couple more 8.7's but i think it just got too hot today. It might have been like 80 something. Oh well, next year I will try for that 8.6.
Old 12-17-06, 04:00 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

my 60' was horrible today. I ran a couple more 8.7's but i think it just got too hot today. It might have been like 80 something. Oh well, next year I will try for that 8.6.
It's all good man.. I had fun, thanks for the push to run it.. lol Just smile and remember we had damn good times compared to 90% of the stuff out there and you beat the **** outta that mustang who asked for tha race
Old 12-17-06, 04:01 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I'm just pissed about my random bee sting lmao.. Bastard hurts lol
Old 12-17-06, 09:46 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

haha yea them ****ing kennedale bee's. that was random too. bee just said "what up, let me sting your *** real quick". typically there are more mustangs and z's out there. I wish it would have been that way so you can see how fast our IS's are. munstangs, cameros, z's, whatever, can't hang.

when it cools down we can run 8.6's i am sure.

nice to meet you guys today.

peace
Old 12-17-06, 10:26 PM
cajunboy
Driver

really glad i went out to the track to meet fellow member and see the car in action. Is350 is faster than i thought compare to other domestic cars. Troy ran his car like it stole it for sure.
Old 12-18-06, 04:24 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Hey guys thanks for letting me know how much fun yall had. While i was at work all day long. When they open it back up i definetly have to make a trip down there and meet yall.
Old 12-18-06, 07:18 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The first 3 runs i had my girlfriend in the car who weighs 120lbs. (no she is not fat, she is 5'7")
ROFL....
Old 12-18-06, 08:28 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

ok it's time to start modding. I am going to talk to caymandive and tt061880 about intakes. Then it's exhaust time. I want to get into their 1/4 mile times. I also think my car will get a tad faster over time. 1500miles isn't really primed.
Old 12-18-06, 01:06 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok it's time to start modding. I am going to talk to caymandive and tt061880 about intakes. Then it's exhaust time. I want to get into their 1/4 mile times. I also think my car will get a tad faster over time. 1500miles isn't really primed.
I still dont' have an intake yet, I'm waiting to see results on the Injen before I decide on which intake to get. So far I only spent $5 for mods, which is the audio cable for the ipod lol.

Caymandive is the man to talk to about intakes. He has tried a few of them and even have them dyno too. He's running the Joez pipe with the stock air filter I think, he's getting great results from that setup so you might consider that.
Old 12-18-06, 01:11 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

haha 5.00 mod on the ipod. Nice. It's so stupid how they put the phone charger and the ipod port facing upwards.

i'll do a search and read some of caymandives reviews.

thanks

comb
Old 12-18-06, 01:17 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tt061880
I still dont' have an intake yet, I'm waiting to see results on the Injen before I decide on which intake to get. So far I only spent $5 for mods, which is the audio cable for the ipod lol.

Caymandive is the man to talk to about intakes. He has tried a few of them and even have them dyno too. He's running the Joez pipe with the stock air filter I think, he's getting great results from that setup so you might consider that.
TT061880, you removed the secondary carbon based emissions filter from the stock airbox lid right?) I would still love to see if this actually gives us any bump in performance. My bet is that it doesn't on an otherwise stock car.

As I've said in a previous post, Dyno comparisons and quarter mile runs are subjective. There are too many variables involved to actually conclude which one works the best when we are dealing with +or- a few hp. I honestly think that the stock intake works great and is already well designed. Though I personally believe the JOEZ pipe theoretically "should" enhance the great stock setup, I can't say for sure. As for all the short ram intakes available, there are runs done at the strip that are equally as quick as mine in the 1/4, which kinda blows any theory out of the water that they cause the performance to suffer from the extra warm engine bay air. Here is an example: DNSZoom (David) up in Canada did a run at 50 degrees with just his LMS intake and ran a 13.36@104.64. Slightly quicker time than mine, but slower trap speed. So from all of this I have concluded that it really doesn't matter what intake you have on the car. Buy the intake that fits you best in (sound, looks, price, etc) and you won't go wrong.

*EDIT* for those dyno queens out there.
I can say one thing with confidence from my Dyno testing. On the dyno you will NOT see anything negative with the JOEZ pipe, but can expect gains of 1-5hp consistently. Dynoing the other Short Ram intakes is a different story as the fan placement and other things drastically affect the numbers.

Last edited by caymandive; 12-18-06 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 8.787 1/8th mile (finally got in the 8.7's)