Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

8.787 1/8th mile (finally got in the 8.7's)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-06, 08:00 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 8.787 1/8th mile (finally got in the 8.7's)

OK so 3 weeks ago i got an 8.802 in the 1/8th, and I was finally able to get out to the track. Here's the stats you need to know.

- no weight reduction
- 1/2 tank of gas
- no mods
- normal tire pressure
- I weigh 150lbs.

no weight reduction; however, weight plays a key roll. The first 3 runs i had my girlfriend in the car who weighs 120lbs. (no she is not fat, she is 5'7") I was barely getting in the low 9's with her. I had her get out and ran this 8.7 right away. I was pretty ****ing impressed at that time. Then i let her run a couple of times and she almost slide it off the track (yes i even let her run without traction control). Guys, don't let your girl run without vsc on and traction control.

OK so anyways, the last race of the night I lined up against a viper, and this was sweet. I barely got beat by him and I ran a 9.1 that time. He ran an 8.793). If I wouldn't have slid the start I would have beat a viper!. He was pretty pumped with his time.

You texas pussies need to bring your IS's out to the track. IT's so fun beating all these new mustangs and camero's. They all come up and go "what do you have done to this car?" I tell em "it's stock". then they ask all about the car. It's funny. People kind of snicker when you line up and it's like the only non-rice looking but non- american muscle car out there Then you run in the 8's and everyone is like "damn! wtf is that car".

OK get your IS out to the track.

Here's the slip.

Last edited by combfilter; 01-14-07 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-15-06, 08:06 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

very nice time, that's good for 13.5 I believe
Old 12-15-06, 08:16 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tt061880
very nice time, that's good for 13.5 I believe
thanks man, I am going to start weight reducing next time. Pulling out spare, and maybe even some other **** if I can find it.

I wish we could actually get some gains out of new exhaust or something. I want to add 30hp to our 350's. Nitrous would be awesome.
Old 12-16-06, 04:54 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey let me know when you're going again. If i'm off from work i'll make the drive over there. I been wanting to take mine to the track since the day i bought it.
Old 12-16-06, 08:02 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Congrats Troy and like I said I'll be out there sunday, Tony man I got those redouts so once again thank you.. As for your question I'm pretty sure we're going this sunday and it's the Kennedale track which is in between Arlington and Fort Worth.. Think you told me you lived a ways from DFW but hey man hopefully you can come out
Old 12-16-06, 08:50 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

It just happens to be my bad luck that i work this weekend! I work every other weekend and that really blows. Next weekend it's Christmas weekend and i'll be traveling out of town. Hopefully I can get a chance to go out there one of these days and have some fun with you guys. I do live about 3 1/2 hours from Dallas but don't driving. It gives me a reason to get out of the house. My mother-in-law lives in Sherman and i could just drop off my wife down there. So everthing could work out so great.
Old 12-16-06, 11:32 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Sucks you have to work. I'll be out there tomorrow, but i bet it gets real crowded. It's the last day they are open till like mid jan. Plus the weather will be nice.

07txlex don't puss out this time.
Old 12-16-06, 12:27 PM
cajunboy
Driver

what time are you guys heading out there? Do you still have to pay $10 even if your watching and not racing?
Old 12-16-06, 12:33 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cajunboy
what time are you guys heading out there? Do you still have to pay $10 even if your watching and not racing?
The website says it $10 to watch or race.. So might as well race, your call either way. He told me to meet him around 2 tomorrow.. Maybe he'll verify that, hope you can come out as well as anyone else who wants 2
Old 12-16-06, 01:14 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Yes, I will be out there around 2 for sure. Maybe even closer to 1. 07txlex has my phone number already. Cajunboy, I'll pm you my phone number.

Yea 07txlex is right, might as well race if you are going out there. it's 10bucks either way. It's fun, come out. Should be a real nice day.
Old 12-16-06, 04:32 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I think you can do even better on your next trip to the track. Most of the guys posting on dragtimes.com with 8.7's are trapping 82/83mph. Def pull the spare and run 1/4 tank of gas and reduce the rear tire pressures to 28. Couldn't hurt to also inflate the fronts to 40psi, which will help slightly with your trap speeds. Keep up the good work out there.
Old 12-16-06, 05:02 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

he pulled an awesome 60' even with 40psi in his rears. He'll probably do 1.9x if it was lower to 28psi.
Old 12-16-06, 05:52 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

OK i am going to try the tire pressure for sure tomorrow. 28 in the rears and 40 in the fronts. What's funny is typically i don't slide much cuz the track is pretty grippy. It has that typcial layer and layer of that sticky rubber stuff and that other stuff they spray down that smells like grapes or something. What sucks is that **** is getting on the back of my car.

Anyways, good to see that there are others out there hitting the strips in thei IS.

Thanks for the tips. I'll post my slips tomorrow. Hopefully I can get that 60' in the 1.9x. I would **** if I could get in the low 8.7's @83mph. Man I can't wait for the 1/4 track in ennis to open back up for the year. I hate wondering what my car will do in 1/4.

hehe I don't even have 1500 miles on it yet

I guess that is better then my buddy who is out there with his paper plates still on his new wrx.

ok thanks again for the tips.
Old 12-16-06, 09:55 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
What's funny is typically i don't slide much cuz the track is pretty grippy. It has that typcial layer and layer of that sticky rubber stuff and that other stuff they spray down that smells like grapes or something. What sucks is that **** is getting on the back of my car.

that explains your good 60' because it's the stuff that they spray onto the surface that make it grip. The track I go to they don't even do it anymore, they used to do it a few years back but now it's the worse track in the country. I don't doubt you can get into the 1.9x with good track prep, good luck tomorow man.
Old 12-17-06, 12:35 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

thx man. yea they take real good care of all tracks here in tx because we have so many people that are way way way into bring their old muscle cars out. That chit is all over my rear ground effects. Yea i think that combined with my brake torque launch helps that 60'. I can't wait till tomorrow to see what i run with the weight reduction. Hey i was checking out that dragtimes.com there are some insane times on there, but no one list their mods. thereis no way that one car ran a 13.1 1/4mi with a stock engine. No f'ing way in hell.

what is your name on that site?

Quick Reply: 8.787 1/8th mile (finally got in the 8.7's)