Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

Video of me running the 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 09:22 PM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
13.7 and 102 traps are very very good, great job

Indeed, getting your 60 foot time down another tenth of a second will, in theory, decrease your overall quarter mile time by roughly 2 times as much. So, getting .1 second off your 60 foot will decrease your 1/4 times by 2*.1 = .2 (13.5 seconds).

Now for another question - during these runs, how much gas did you have in your tank? Did you have your spare tire intact in your trunk?

Weight reduction is arguably the best way to increase results. Try running with 1/4 tank gas and the spare tire removed if you hadn't already done so.
I took the spare tire out, but did have a child seat in the back. I was running about 1/3 tank of gas.

The funny part of the night was the announcer. When my buddy in the Vette and I were staged, he says, "I'll take that Lexus over that Vette any day. I'll go to the Wal-mart and pick me up some hoes." He then asked me over the intercom, maybe 5 times, if I would seriously let him borrow it. Priceless.
Old 06-11-10, 09:57 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbayse99
I took the spare tire out, but did have a child seat in the back. I was running about 1/3 tank of gas.

The funny part of the night was the announcer. When my buddy in the Vette and I were staged, he says, "I'll take that Lexus over that Vette any day. I'll go to the Wal-mart and pick me up some hoes." He then asked me over the intercom, maybe 5 times, if I would seriously let him borrow it. Priceless.
Right on . Luxury chick magnet that's ultra reliable and gets ~mid 13s in the quarter mile? I'll take it all day everyday. That's what blows my mind about the IS350...its purpose isn't even meant to be quick, it's a luxury car first, but the speed is such a nice bonus and you get the ultimate Lexus reliability to boot. It's very low maintenance for a luxury sports vehicle.

Next time you hit the track in much colder weather, you'll see guaranteed improvements for sure

And it seems like I probably underestimated your knowledge haha, my bad. Seems like you know exactly what you're doing (with the spare tire removal and running on 1/3 tank).
Old 06-11-10, 10:04 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh by the way, if you haven't done so yet, as your first performance modification, I highly suggest you look into getting the F-sport rear sway bars. There's an official thread about it in the performance section -

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ml#post5560909
Old 06-12-10, 04:51 AM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on . Luxury chick magnet that's ultra reliable and gets ~mid 13s in the quarter mile? I'll take it all day everyday. That's what blows my mind about the IS350...its purpose isn't even meant to be quick, it's a luxury car first, but the speed is such a nice bonus and you get the ultimate Lexus reliability to boot. It's very low maintenance for a luxury sports vehicle.

Next time you hit the track in much colder weather, you'll see guaranteed improvements for sure

And it seems like I probably underestimated your knowledge haha, my bad. Seems like you know exactly what you're doing (with the spare tire removal and running on 1/3 tank).
I have been down the track a time or two My reaction times were .668, .187, .147 and .048

Yes, it truly has such a nice balance of luxury and speed. Not to mention it is a GORGEOUS automobile. By the way, I let my best friend borrow it to drive into town. On the highway these two hot chicks start revving and flirting with him and eventually flag him down. The first thing they say is "Wow, NICE CAR!" He is now dating a really hot Hooters chick. He still thanks me to this day for lending him the car.

Oh by the way, if you haven't done so yet, as your first performance modification, I highly suggest you look into getting the F-sport rear sway bars. There's an official thread about it in the performance section -

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ml#post5560909
Oh yes, already getting it. Should be installed within the next month. My buddy in the Vette and another friend in a 2010 370Z are going to VIR with me this summer. I will DEFINITELY have it installed before I go. I will also post videos of results.