ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Headlight dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23 | 06:02 PM
tand138
8th Gear

Question Headlight dilemna

Hi,
I am new here as a poster, but have been to these forums a lot for help.

What I want to do is get new headlight assemblies for my 2004 es330. Something like these.

https://www.topgearautosport.com/103...saAmPxEALw_wcB.

I have looked at my headlight assembly, and it seems that I have halogen hi beams and HID low beams. I want to upgrade to all LED, but not sure what headlight assembly to buy, or which conversion kit to get.

I appreciate all help in advance.

Old 03-09-23 | 06:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

No way to know how good the optics are in those headlights. They may work well with LED bulbs or maybe not. Either way to make those work you'll need at least one H11 or H7 socket and will be doing a bit of splicing.
The following users liked this post:
tand138 (03-09-23)
Old 03-29-23 | 07:55 PM
rigged87
Pit Crew

I am in the process of converting exterior lights to LEDs or SMDs. I have done the reverse lights, front orange side markers, rear red side markers, and already have HIDs for low beams, which is good for me

You are better off going with HIDs for the headlights. Unless your vehicle came with LED headlights from the factory then they just aren’t going to light up properly or as nicely as HIDs. Your best bet for HID output would be to get some stock headlight housings that have the projectors inside. Mine are actually the halogen style HIDs that they first came out with in 02-03. Similar to the 1st gen Prius ones. So they look like halogen headlights, but have HIDs.

so far I love my reverse SMDs. They are noticeably brighter and work well through my tinted windows. The others are nice and rich in color. Up next is a third brake light if I can find one that doesn’t have that stupid flash feature. Also make sure all the bulbs you get won’t cause canbus errors on your dash.

i also just took apart my headlights to paint the inner housing black and use new lenses that I’m transplanting from some eBay headlights.
Old 03-29-23 | 08:08 PM
rigged87
Pit Crew

I am in the process of converting exterior lights to LEDs or SMDs. I have done the reverse lights, front orange side markers, rear red side markers, and already have HIDs for low beams, which is good for me

You are better off going with HIDs for the headlights. Unless your vehicle came with LED headlights from the factory then they just aren’t going to light up properly or as nicely as HIDs. Your best bet for HID output would be to get some stock headlight housings that have the projectors inside. Mine are actually the halogen style HIDs that they first came out with in 02-03. Similar to the 1st gen Prius ones. So they look like halogen headlights, but have HIDs.

so far I love my reverse SMDs. They are noticeably brighter and work well through my tinted windows. The others are nice and rich in color. Up next is a third brake light if I can find one that doesn’t have that stupid flash feature. Also make sure all the bulbs you get won’t cause canbus errors on your dash.

i also just took apart my headlights to paint the inner housing black and use new lenses that I’m transplanting from some eBay headlights.