ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Leaky injector replacement questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-23, 07:44 AM
akhyakar
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky injector replacement questions

I have a leaky injector that leaks when cold, I’m in Massachusetts so that’s almost always. I replaced all 6 but this one has given so many problems even after o ring changes. Luckily now it’s in the front rail, my question is how might I 1. Replace just one injector without damaging the other two in the rail, and 2. How might I best remove the fuel rail without having to take off the plenum? It’s accessible, I just will have to remove the banjo bolt I assume, and I wanted to know what might be the torque lbf for the rail nuts?

I know it’s a lot of questions but any information can help!

thanks
Old 11-20-23, 08:19 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Hello,

You mentioned that you replaced all 6 injectors, which ones did you get, and more importantly, why?

By a leaking Injector, do you mean it leaks into the Cylinder, causing Rich Mixture, or there is an O-Ring that seeps on the Outside? If it is the former, unless you have some concrete facts to suspect the injectors, I would look at other possible issues that could cause similar symptoms first, especially if issue didn't get resolved after you replaced all of them.

If, on the other hand, it is the O-Rings that leak, and they didn't stop leaking after you replaced them, then I would have to question the quality of seals, or the methodology you used to install them. You can take just one of the rails off without taking the engine apart, but you will need new Crush Washers, unless you want to move the leak a little upstream, the torque spec for the Banjo Bolt is about 25 ft-lbf.

Hope this helps and best of luck!