ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

window auto up

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-24, 12:30 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default window auto up

2002 ES300. The window motors on all 4 doors were not working. I replaced the front 2 doors so far. I have the new motor for the rear 2 but have not had the time yet to replace them. When I use the auto up feature on the drivers window the window rolls up fine then goes back down 3/4 of the way. If I use only the up position on the switch it will work fine, just not the auto up. Auto down works fine. Is there some kind of programming I need to do or what?
Old 01-27-24, 01:12 AM
Oro
Pole Position

Received 434 Likes on 379 Posts

Have you tested for the well-known over-run fault?

Hold the door’s individual button in the “up” position and then slam it a few times. This re-sets the over-run fault switch and restores full function. This is a very common problem, usually from kids playing with the switches.
Old 01-27-24, 05:55 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

Originally Posted by Oro
Have you tested for the well-known over-run fault?

Hold the door’s individual button in the “up” position and then slam it a few times. This re-sets the over-run fault switch and restores full function. This is a very common problem, usually from kids playing with the switches.

Uhmmmmm🤔🙄
Old 02-05-24, 08:44 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

Any other insight on this?
Old 02-05-24, 10:36 AM
fortitude
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

try this

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...reprogram.html

edit: I performed this procedure recently. Here is my update
  1. Remove the power window motor.
  2. HINT: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
  3. Connect the power window motor and power window switch to the wire harness of the vehicle.
  4. Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor
    in the up side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotations (4 seconds or more).
  5. LEAVE IGNITION SWITCH IN ON POSITION
  6. you can now unplug motor, install it back onto regulator
  7. Assemble the power window motor and regulator.
HINT:
  • The motor should be installed when the regulator arm is in the middle, not around the upper end (more than 50 mm clearance is necessary from the upper end).
  • Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear when installing the power window motor.
6. Assemble the power window regulator and door glass.
Plug it back into harness

HINT: CRITICAL - Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the installation of the window glass is completed.
Old 02-05-24, 12:48 PM
mmsafd
Rookie

great! thanks for the help
Old 02-05-24, 02:19 PM
Oro
Pole Position

Received 434 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by mmsafd
Uhmmmmm🤔🙄
It is statistically HIGHLY improbable that all four window motors would have failed. There is a very well-known design flaw, with a simple solution, that looks EXACTLY like a motor failure. It would be worth investigating that first.
Old 02-05-24, 07:00 PM
fortitude
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

As Oro mentioned, it is highly unlikely all four window motors stopped working collectively. The method I show is the reset procedure for the auto-jamb function on a working window motor. It does not address a non functioning motor.

HERE is a thread taking about the slam door method

Also, the search function HERE works well sourcing answers to questions that may have already been asked through the years
Old 02-07-24, 06:10 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

The car is new ish to me. Initially all 4 windows would roll down. Sometimes they would roll up but most times not. The fronts go up and down now after motor replacements. The passenger side auto up is working normally. That motor was replaced at a shop. The driver door goes up and down but auto up goes up and then goes back down about 2//3 rds of the way. I have to use the up only not auto up. Both rear windows will not roll up at all without me helping the glass. I have new motors for those also I just have not had time to change them yet. I wanted to figure out what I did wrong on the driver door before I tackled the rear 2.
Old 02-15-24, 06:50 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

Driver rear window is working all the sudden. I have no idea why. Passenger rear is still not working. When I try to put the window down. There is a light flashing what appears to be a code on the rear window switch. It does a double flash and then pause. It does it for a few seconds then the light stays on solid.
Old 02-17-24, 09:11 AM
mmsafd
Rookie

Any ideas on the switch light flashing?
Old 02-18-24, 12:47 AM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 808 Likes on 679 Posts

Hello,

This usually happens when the window looses Home Position, meaning that it doesn't know where its limits are. There is a good number of threads on blinking Window Switch, here is one of them, you can also try lowering the window, then holding the switch to Auto Down for at least 3 seconds, then raise the window and hold Auto Up for at least 3 seconds, and see if that helps.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 02-19-24, 06:56 PM
rigged87
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Strange. When i replaced my driver side motor i didn’t have to do anything. It just worked like normal. 03 ES300
Old 02-22-24, 01:14 PM
mmsafd
Rookie

Ok. I am finally sitting in the car at home for a minute.
Down and auto down works fine. Up works. Auto up is freakin out. Auto up from all the way down goes up 1.5 inches then down. If I use up it will go up and stay. If I hold auto up then let go after at least 3 seconds it rolls down most of the way.
Old 02-22-24, 01:15 PM
mmsafd
Rookie

If I hold auto up after window is up the entire window shuts down completely nothing for 3 or so minutes. Seems like motor is getting hot. 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply: window auto up