ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Need Help - Frustrated !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-24, 10:23 AM
red83sc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need Help - Frustrated !!!

Hi Folks, Just joined the group and i hope someone can help. I have a 2004 ES 330. The front passenger window went out awhile back. When it went out it wouldn't move, buzzing from the pass. and master switch. After awhile it stopped buzzing and was quiet. A little time went by and buzzed again. Then went quiet permanently. I figured the motor burned out so i replaced the regulator/motor. Still would not work from master and pass. switch. I put 12v on the new window motor/regulator and it goes up and down. Thought it was the master switch, Ordered a new master switch insert set and still no go. Figured it was then the pass switch, ordered another and just tried it - no go. I already checked the fuse (row 4 #20) even bought a new one. With the exception of the left rear auto door lock all else windows / locks work.
The fuse that controls the front passenger window also controls the door lock (which works). I read on a couple threads that there may be other fuses that control the window ? It's totally odd that both switches Master and auxiliary don't work. I'm hoping/thinking that their is some fuse - regulator maybe that i'm missing. I also looked at the fuse diagram and didn't see any addl. fuses re' the windows. For the last week or so this thing has driven me CRAZY , All help appreciated
Old 07-16-24, 02:45 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Hello,

Can't think of much other than the Power Wire from the 20A PWR No.2 Fuse being damaged in some way, most likely inside of the Loom that connects the door to the rest of the car. The Regulator is controlled by a Door ECU, it is located inside of the Window Switch, and has since been replaced, same goes for the Fuse and the Regulator, considering that the Door Lock functions normally.

To check it, below is a Pinout of a Window Switch, get an actual Test Light (not a multimeter) and check if you have 12V on Pins 9 and 10, and Ground on Pins 2 and 13. If there is none, find the Door Harness Connector under the Glove Box and use a Multimeter to trace all the wires in the Window Switch Connector, find which ones are responsible for Power and Ground, and check if they are present on the Interior Wiring.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 07-22-24, 01:12 PM
red83sc
3rd Gear

Smile

Arsenii, Thanks for the help - You were correct, no power to the door harness. I had no clue as to where the junction was so double thanks for letting me know that location.
That was valuable information. When i got down in there it was a mess. A bunch of wires / plugs were totally gunked and a few burned. I ended up getting an electrical diagram
and tracing all the wires, then used a test light and a meter to figure it out. I needed to jump 2 because 1 (20A Door Motor wire) was burnt (no plug pin) and one broken (10A Multiplex #1).
Before the repairs i used a bunch of electronic CRC spray cleaner on the other plugs with a q-tip and toothbrush. Once done and jumped, the window came back to life. I did have a
problem with the auto up feature though. This took me a few days to figure out. This ES330 was manufactured in May 04 - when power is removed (ex. taking the motor and regulator out) it can knock the auto feature out of whack. The specific window motor needs to be reset. This is accomplished by removing the motor from the regulator and repowering for a set amount of cycles. I probably did it 3-4 times before i
got it correct. If i can figure it out i'll post the procedure here to help others with this situation (from Alldata). Again thanks for the help, you were the only response but it was cracker jack info !

Old 07-23-24, 09:16 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Sounds like a mess out there..

At this point I would actually suggest visiting a Junkyard and getting the entire Door Harness with a piece of the corresponding Interior pigtail to replace the whole thing and not come back to it, that's not as complicated as it seems, at least it shouldn't be. If the wires were heating up enough for the Isolation to melt, simply cleaning the contacts won't do anything, there must be something that caused this mess to occur.

Either way, thanks a lot for the update and a detailed description!
Old 07-24-24, 11:02 AM
red83sc
3rd Gear

Smile

I'll keep that harness in mind and keep an eye on it. Thanks again for the help .