ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New Color Es 300

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-04, 11:16 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hoebag is right..... your car has show car written all over it but as a fellow Lexus friend ... it needs fine tuning. I would take his advice and fine tune some interior choices along with possible rim changes.
Old 02-23-04, 12:25 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like the ES came from the skies above... A while ago I saw an LS 430 with the same kind of paint job, and I absolutely thought that brought the entire "look" way down

Did you ever consider the Blue Onyx (like in the '02+ ES) for your custom body color? I think that would be different and stylin'
Old 02-23-04, 01:09 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I also agree with Hoebag when he says that the color is alright while the interior does need some minor alterations. The wood color differnce would be one and the difference in the gold badges and the chrome badges. Choose one and stay with it and also wthe chrome rims are a little uhhh....

Don't take my comments the wrong way just tryin to give u some suggestions on how to make it that much better then what it already it.
Old 02-23-04, 09:18 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default THANKS FOR EVERYTHING

Yes Hoebag I respect your thoughts and This will be a showcar AND yes I am going to chang the interor to bule and white and thanks on pointing out the mismatch GOLD AND CHROME and if you don't mine show me some rims to get to make it look badazz ya know I want to be the first es300 on the cover of a car show mag
Attached Thumbnails New Color Es 300-lexus-es300-029.jpg  
Old 02-23-04, 09:42 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: THANKS FOR EVERYTHING

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
Yes Hoebag I respect your thoughts and This will be a showcar AND yes I am going to chang the interor to bule and white and thanks on pointing out the mismatch GOLD AND CHROME and if you don't mine show me some rims to get to make it look badazz ya know I want to be the first es300 on the cover of a car show mag
car mag?? cover?! not gonna happen... unless you have the creativity and connections to get there.. nowadays its all about who you know..but anyway

as far as interior... if you do blue and white, get recaro or sparco seats and order the material to wrap the rear seats too, um rims.... 19" chrome lowenharts.. any lowenhart wheel would do, they all look badass... and go as wide as you can.... an agressive jdm kit maybe, motor work, suspension work.. etc etc

big pointer: its all about quality, not quantity. quality parts will help you win over someone who has a nice looking car, but everything is no-name.

if you want specifics - pm me or aim me

Last edited by Kohinoor; 02-23-04 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-23-04, 11:35 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's NOTHING in the rule book that says that luxury cars have to be painted funeral-home colors.....That is a bunch of total horse s---.
I agree.. I own a mint condition rare deasel 2 door 5 speed Trooper... But that doesnt mean have to paint it United Nations white...Or Jeep cherokee green... Its metallic blue with silver trim...

I know Hoe Bag means well, but each to their own I say.. A car is just a car!

As for my ES.. It is stock outside, and altered inside.. I payed for it, so I dont think I am breaking any rules when I change something?.. 96 model. Probably too old now for a show car. But I still enjoy looking at it, and driving it... The way I see it.. Most people probably spend most of their money buying the car, and probably dont have the money to fix it up in a hurry... It all takes time... MrLexus will get there!

Chris
Old 02-23-04, 11:50 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by AusLex300
I know Hoe Bag means well, but each to their own I say.. A car is just a car!

when it comes to show cars, i know what im talking about.
Old 02-23-04, 11:54 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Never said that you didnt? Geez
Old 02-24-04, 03:57 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome pose MRLEXUS... I'm gonna do one like that too, but jdm, egyptian style pose.
Old 02-24-04, 03:14 PM
jaysonb
Driver School Candidate

After looking at those pictures I see why Lexus chose to offer a "Coach" edition as opposed to the "gaudy" edition.
Old 02-24-04, 06:28 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the color isn't that bad........if you touch the car up with the right mods,it could be one bad a$$ es ( diffrent,but nice) try some nice 18 or 19's with a fat lip,I'd go silver (brushed silver) but I can tell you probably want chrome. also you need to drop it and get rid of the GOLD (tacky)
you know what,................the car would look nice with dark charcoal interior..
not too fond of the tan floormats with red koolaid..

EL GATO
Old 02-24-04, 11:59 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Hey MRLex I didn't wanna post yesterday b/c I thought it was a 'lil much also, but after sitting on it a day & seeing it several times. I agree with what I think AusLex300 was trying to say in his first post.

The more I look at this paint, the more I like it!
I think it might have been the shock factor. Seeing an ES like that just made me go !?WTF!?!?
Mad props man, looks great!
(Now if you could just get that silver reflective tint made in a light color of blue, *gawk*)
hah! Keep those windows polished & reflective!

FYI Don't listen to these guys, the only *A** opinions here that matter are mine and your's. Your's because it's your car, and mine because the world revolves around me! <G>

Last edited by Toysrme; 02-25-04 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-25-04, 10:16 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default MRLEXUS IS BACK

Well thanks to everyone who had their thoughts on the new paint job. Yes this color to me get better everytime I look at it and even the people at my Lexus delaership LOVES this color I have had all ready six offers from people to take it off my hands. This is not the last time you'll see me and my BLU LEX soon i will have the interior so bada$$ it drop jaws and turn heads. So keep your thoughts comming tell me what you think ok
Attached Thumbnails New Color Es 300-lexus-es300-010.jpg  
Old 02-25-04, 10:17 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Talking

hello
Attached Thumbnails New Color Es 300-lexus-es300-025.jpg  
Old 02-26-04, 09:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
hello
Like I said in my earlier post, the color is great, but I'd go with a different set of wheels if I was you. Those wheels you got don't have very big air spaces in them to help cool the brakes. That's probably not a big deal at low speeds and easy driving, but make a couple of hard stops or mountain descents and you could be looking at some pretty warped rotors and glaze from heat buildup. if it gets hot enough, the brake fluid can actually boil away.

Quick Reply: New Color Es 300