ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

new screens

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 07:11 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, no, I hear ya.. I know its a show car and all.. But like the other guy said. It can sometimes be overkill.. The other point I was trying to make is that if you've got the money great. But my thinking is that show car or not, why do people need to put a cinema 8 complex in their car in order to get people to go wow.. What is it that you are actually showing? .. The car, or what is in it? ....When I look at a car, I look at the car, and what features it has been designed with?.. They have released the new Toyota Crown here in Japan, and when I first saw it. My jaw dropped.... I like everyone is all for updating and helping the cosmetic look of an older car in order to make it look a little more sporty, modern ect.... But I am old fashioned in a way, and cant get my head around this whole culture of who has the most lights or money thrown into a car?.....Like I said. Not a beef, just an opinion....More power to ya!..

your not to bright are ya .......................by the time hoe bag reaches into the back to put the screen down some chicks aready probably dropping her panties
bee blanko
I dont know who's brighter. If you had read my earlier post properly. You would have noticed that I mentioned that I have a kid... So put 2 and 2 together, and I guess I would have a fair idea of the way around the back seat of a car!.... And thats without a television set!!!!! lmao

Chris
Old 02-27-04, 07:38 PM
bee blanko
Driver School Candidate

i was just messing with ya dont get you g-string in a bunch ........i guess at a certain point the car becomes a hobbie ...and hobbies arnt cheap .....but i dig what your saying about the overkill thing ......but i dont think hoe bags any where near that yet ..............personally i wouldve went with a matching screen ..same size as the front ..but thats just me ..........i guess whatever floats ya boat right .........looks nice though his lex is probably the nicest es300 ive seen yet ..............hopefully i can get mine up to par .....
Old 02-27-04, 07:49 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Nah its cool.. I know you were having a laugh..
Old 02-27-04, 09:10 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice... new mod Hoebag..
does the Dropdown screen block your rear view...? since i knw our roof is kind of low...
Old 02-27-04, 09:28 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

most likely it does....
Old 02-27-04, 09:42 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea i cant see out the rear window when its down... but thats what side mirrors are for! lol...

yea, i usually drive by myself so the rear wont be used much unless i cruise down a main street at night with all the windows down

i was just gonna get the indash installed, but i felt i needed to do something stupid and not practical... so i went for headrest monitors, but none looked right or fit, so i got the giant dropdown

other stupid things i did this week: bought an hid kit, and today i went to several junkyard for the hid 01 headlights and 01 taillights, but only found left side of 01 tails, its pretty rare to have those headlights, so im trying hard to find em used

thanks for all the compliments, im still waiting for what "mrlexus" has to say
Old 02-27-04, 10:02 PM
bee blanko
Driver School Candidate

yo hoe bag ..................the 97 head lights are diffrent from the 01 headlights?..............cause i was going to put a after market H.I.D kit on using the same 97 lights..... can that be done or do i need to change the headlights to the 01....damn this getin pretty damn expensive
Old 02-27-04, 10:33 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bee blanko
yo hoe bag ..................the 97 head lights are diffrent from the 01 headlights?..............cause i was going to put a after market H.I.D kit on using the same 97 lights..... can that be done or do i need to change the headlights to the 01....damn this getin pretty damn expensive

yea the 97-99 tails are different from 00-01, the 00-01 tails are clear in the middle and have a jeweled look to them - pretty rare to find used
from 97-01 the regular headlights didnt change, but from 00-01 they had the hid option available, the hid compliant headlights look a lot better and you wont get any glare such as if you used hid in the regular headlights - very rare to buy used, most likely have to buy from the dealer
if i keep the regular headlights, i will retrofit hid reflector bowls or projectors into the headlight housing.. which sounds like a fun weekend project...lol

much more to come soon!
Old 02-28-04, 12:05 AM
bee blanko
Driver School Candidate

hey hoe bag ya lost me when ya said you'd have to retro fit reflector bowls.......im still a new jack so have patience.....lol..........sounds expensive doggie .......but ...how much will the whole thing cost ya.......it' might make more sense to out right buy an 01 then try and turn your 97 into one......
Old 02-28-04, 12:20 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bee blanko
hey hoe bag ya lost me when ya said you'd have to retro fit reflector bowls.......im still a new jack so have patience.....lol..........sounds expensive doggie .......but ...how much will the whole thing cost ya.......it' might make more sense to out right buy an 01 then try and turn your 97 into one......
im not turning my 97 into one, i just like the headlights and taillights

just tryin to keep it as clean as possible
Old 02-28-04, 08:09 AM
bee blanko
Driver School Candidate

yo hoe bag thats a sweet *** touch screen .....looked it up on ebay right now theres one going for 600 ...or at least its up to 600 right now ..probably go up.....where you from brotha ....just curious cause i'd maybe like to use the same installer that you used ...im from brooklyn new york.....if your from the area maybe you can drop some names of people you use ?
Old 02-28-04, 09:44 AM
sk8er251cc
Pole Position

Nice job hoebag! Can you show us some pics of the screen closed and opened in the day time, so we can see how it looks on your ceiling? I'm just curious to see if it still looks clean when closed up. Thanks!

Ben
Old 02-29-04, 10:41 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how much does it block your rear view mirror?

also, he may not just watch dvds, amrit plays music videos on his

Last edited by EGainer; 02-29-04 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-29-04, 08:53 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

more pics:

how much the dropdown blocks my rear vision:

some daytime pics:

and a good *** end pic of my car at my friends house just before he started to steam clean the interior
Old 03-01-04, 04:17 PM
sk8er251cc
Pole Position

Thanks hoe bag, those are really helpful!

Ben

Quick Reply: new screens