ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

new screens

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 07:34 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by HoeBag
yea i cant see out the rear window when its down... but thats what side mirrors are for! lol...

yea, i usually drive by myself so the rear wont be used much unless i cruise down a main street at night with all the windows down

i was just gonna get the indash installed, but i felt i needed to do something stupid and not practical... so i went for headrest monitors, but none looked right or fit, so i got the giant dropdown

other stupid things i did this week: bought an hid kit, and today i went to several junkyard for the hid 01 headlights and 01 taillights, but only found left side of 01 tails, its pretty rare to have those headlights, so im trying hard to find em used

thanks for all the compliments, im still waiting for what "mrlexus" has to say
I didn't know you care HOE
First off I think the in dash tv looks good, but you should have went with ALPINE.
Second the 10 inch drop looks to GETTO, why put it in the first place? Yea It's looks good when someone behind you in their car ,but come on you have one of the best looking Es on this site and putting a 10 drop is just plain GETTO. You know better than anyone else knows that headrest tvs looks better ,all you have to do is order them from Vizualococ and they will fit but hey its not my my ride and you do to it what you want with it ok just have fun
you wanted to hear from me and you did ..........WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S HOE I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU MAN
Attached Thumbnails new screens-lexus-es300-021.jpg  

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 03-03-04 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 07:53 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, gotta agree.... You have one of the nicest ES's that I have seen, top 5....And that screen just looks a bit try -hardish.. Like I said earlier. If there was a use for it, other than having people look at you when you are driving, then I can understand having it... You have a light colored interior, and then bolted in the middle of the roof is an upside down dark lap top.....The way I see it, for anyone that sits in the back seat, there face would just about be touching the screen? I give it the thumbs down... I really dont know what other options you can try.. But something a more subtle would suit...
Old 03-03-04, 08:29 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10" dropdown is too much for my tastes, i would sell it... if you want a cool idea for a screen in the back, that isnt headrests... do what someone did in the gs forum... they have a pop-out screen, come out of the center console... it comes out and sits right between the drivers and passengers seat, like 7" or somethin... i think thats plenty for the back seaters....

also, mrlexus, why do you have 3 colors of wood in your interior. i see that you got a new wheel, and a custom surround for the screen.... but i know people have got wood that matches, or even stick-on fake wood that matches better...

i do like your screen though, but the gold lettering i would lose as well

sorry, just thought id comment on that pic as well

btw, screens in the car are cool, dont go overkill like this guy though
this is one of LordoftheCelsiors(White LS) friends, a lincoln LS. yes that's 9 tvs

Last edited by EGainer; 03-03-04 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 08:53 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

i dont see what all the fuss is about. four 10" drop screens for each passenger seems to be the norm in queens. (not kidding this time) i even see some people with screens on the side mirrors and inside the steering wheel. unless he got plasma hdtv 1080i tivo whatever in the rear, i dont think the drop screen is overkill. i would have liked the console more if it were beige to match the rest of the interior, but other than that...
Old 03-03-04, 09:05 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i just dont like alpine products, thats just how i am... but anyway, yea i really wanted to get headrests, but only 5.6" fit, and those are just too small, plus they looked like ***... i got the drop down cuz it gets attention - especially at a show, and i couldnt really pick a lighter color - they only come in that grey or black... i even asked about having a 7" screen in the center console... but its just too much $$ to build a custom box for it.. especially the way i wanted it to be... all in all im a happy camper, i know it could look better, but its decent for right now
Old 03-03-04, 09:35 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default let me help

see the holes for the Lexus Headrest are all the same
and i have VIZUALOCIC IN MY RX330 they will work for a 97 es 300
Attached Thumbnails new screens-9478daytime_lex_010-med.jpg  
Old 03-03-04, 09:38 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default well

Originally posted by EGainer
10" dropdown is too much for my tastes, i would sell it... if you want a cool idea for a screen in the back, that isnt headrests... do what someone did in the gs forum... they have a pop-out screen, come out of the center console... it comes out and sits right between the drivers and passengers seat, like 7" or somethin... i think thats plenty for the back seaters....

also, mrlexus, why do you have 3 colors of wood in your interior. i see that you got a new wheel, and a custom surround for the screen.... but i know people have got wood that matches, or even stick-on fake wood that matches better...
well man the reason is i'm in the process of redoing the inside of my lexus thats all and yes i'm going to chang this and make one color
i do like your screen though, but the gold lettering i would lose as well

sorry, just thought id comment on that pic as well

btw, screens in the car are cool, dont go overkill like this guy though
this is one of LordoftheCelsiors(White LS) friends, a lincoln LS. yes that's 9 tvs

Attached Thumbnails new screens-lexus-es300-014.jpg  
Old 03-03-04, 10:16 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Looks sharp HB!
Old 03-03-04, 10:45 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about your MULTI media setup LOL>.
Old 03-03-04, 11:52 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by HoeBag
i and i couldnt really pick a lighter color - they only come in that grey or black...
your color actually matches the glovebox color doesnt it???
Old 03-03-04, 11:54 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by EGainer
your color actually matches the glovebox color doesnt it???
yes, the headunit mounting plate is wrapped in the exact same material used for the trim on the dash.. i had to make a few calls to find out who manufactured it, but it was worth it

but i was referring to the drop down screen - which only comes in grey or black
Old 03-04-04, 12:56 AM
bhandsome
Driver

Exclamation Re: WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
I didn't know you care HOE
First off I think the in dash tv looks good, but you should have went with ALPINE.
Second the 10 inch drop looks to GETTO, why put it in the first place? Yea It's looks good when someone behind you in their car ,but come on you have one of the best looking Es on this site and putting a 10 drop is just plain GETTO. You know better than anyone else knows that headrest tvs looks better ,all you have to do is order them from Vizualococ and they will fit but hey its not my my ride and you do to it what you want with it ok just have fun
you wanted to hear from me and you did ..........WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S HOE I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU MAN
i think what hoebag has is pretty tight.. the tv drop down... hey do what ever it takes to get the girls to drop their pantys.... i rather have a drop tv then different color on my wood interior

Last edited by bhandsome; 03-04-04 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-04-04, 09:48 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bhandsome
i think what hoebag has is pretty tight.. the tv drop down... hey do what ever it takes to get the girls to drop their pantys.... i rather have a drop tv then different color on my wood interior
thanks for pointing it out ot me like everyone has so i fixed it
and let ask you this what do you have in your lexus?
Attached Thumbnails new screens-alpinetv-001mmrlexus.jpg  
Old 03-05-04, 08:46 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bhandsome
if you are relying on your car and screens to get girls, then don't expect to get any girls worth keeping
Old 03-05-04, 08:47 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: WORD LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
thanks for pointing it out ot me like everyone has so i fixed it
and let ask you this what do you have in your lexus?
yours looks very good now

Quick Reply: new screens