ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ClubLexus es300 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 07:11 PM
Pompi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClubLexus es300 Owners

Sup Guys,

I posted a thread a few months back about mods that you guys have down to your es. A couple of you responded and that was cool to hear wut u done to your rydes. But, now I would like to know who has the "HOTTEST" ES300 on the TEAM in their minds. Also on the side note how many members near Boston,Ma where Im located are willing to meet up here or maybe Connecticut to show off our cars?
Old 03-02-04, 07:21 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Wow, thats a big ask Pompi... I guess the thing with this board, is that firstly we all own an ES, and secondly we all love ours the most.. But the reality is that everyone that I have seen on here have beautiful vehicles regardless of the differences we have in taste and opinion... I personally prefer silver cars, and so that why I chose that with my ES, but dont worry, when I see a nice ES, I will always enjoy looking at it regardless of color, mods ect.... Mine is stock, and I do have plans for some subtle mods. (Wheels, tint).. So I dont think I will win any awards, nor do I think it is the best ES on these boards. But all the same I enjoy owning one and having fun with it and driving it!...

Chris
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus es300 Owners-windomfront.jpg  
Old 03-02-04, 07:27 PM
Pompi
Driver School Candidate

U definatly have a point AUS .
Old 03-02-04, 08:37 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Welcome!

Pompi, you might want to take a look at the following links, which contain a lot of pics of our ES:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=108382
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101201

I have an '01 ES for almost 11 months so far (previously traded in my long-time relation '96 ES Coach Edition). I do have a handful of mods done up on the ES, including upgraded lighting and a K&N drop-in. I focus more on making my ES look clean and spotless, therefore I detail my car often in and out (black cars by far are extremely difficult to keep clean). I attached a pic of my ES below, which is somewhat old. I hope to take better pictures as soon as the weather warms up and the roads are dry.

BTW Pompi, whereabouts in MA are you from? I have lived in Boston for several years during my college days. It sounds like you're near that city. I currently live in CT, right in Fairfield County, a good 2-1/2 hrs away from Boston, but I make trips up there every now and then (to see college friends).
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus es300 Owners-front-license.jpg  
Old 03-02-04, 09:32 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

18" Enkei DM5 (getting new wheels in a couple months)
Yokohama rubber
Tein Stech springs (getting new suspension setup soon)
KYB gr-2 struts
strut tower bar
Apex'i World Sport Muffler
Brembo blank rotors w/ kevlar pads
redded taillights
clear corners
Hella 4300k HID
TRD ground effects
Pioneer p6500dvd headunit
Provision 10.4" dropdown screen
Optima Red battery
K&N dropin filter
JDM emblems
5% tint
2001 OEM grille
and some other small things i forgot about...

Last edited by Kohinoor; 03-02-04 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 04:49 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WORL LIFE

THIS IS MY 1997 ES 300

WORD LIFE
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus es300 Owners-lexus-es300-011.jpg  
Old 03-03-04, 04:53 PM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

MrLexus...how is that paint holding up on the lower door where it is RUBBER? thats a tough place to paint
Old 03-03-04, 05:57 PM
Andrew T.
Driver School Candidate

Talking My two cents.

Well, seeing as though I havent even had my ES for over a week, i'm still a newbie. The only mods mine has to it is what the previous owner did to it. He added a nice kenwood xm deck and changed all the speakers / tweeters to infinity perfects. Not quite levinson, but it sounds DAMN good! I am planning on doing some future mods such as a 97 grille, maybe some tint, etc. Nothing super dramatic. My opinion on what is the BEST looking though, is probably a happy medium between rice and stock. They're lexus's, not civics - they shouldnt have tacky 20 inch spinners and wings on them. My favorites are probably the stock 01's and the slightly modified 97's, but any of them look good. I'm happy as could be with my gold trimmed 1st gen
Old 03-03-04, 06:02 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

A 97 grille wont fit on a 94 ES, sorry..

Chris
Old 03-03-04, 06:06 PM
Andrew T.
Driver School Candidate

Talking pic.

Heh, wont be taking any 1st place prize home (yet ) .. but I like it
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus es300 Owners-lexus1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (03-07-22)
Old 03-03-04, 06:08 PM
Andrew T.
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by AusLex300
A 97 grille wont fit on a 94 ES, sorry..

Chris
It wont? hrmpf. that sucks. haha i've seen the icky faux chrome ebay griles on 1st gen's.. theres no upgrade for the 1st gen eh? maybe i was thinking of the 97 owners putting on 01 grilles....
what about taillights? is there an upgrade there?
Old 03-03-04, 06:17 PM
Andrew T.
Driver School Candidate

Talking My two cents.

Well, seeing as though I havent even had my ES for over a week, i'm still a newbie. The only mods mine has to it is what the previous owner did to it. He added a nice kenwood xm deck and changed all the speakers / tweeters to infinity perfects. Not quite levinson, but it sounds DAMN good! I am planning on doing some future mods such as a 97 grille, maybe some tint, etc. Nothing super dramatic. My opinion on what is the BEST looking though, is probably a happy medium between rice and stock. They're lexus's, not civics - they shouldnt have tacky 20 inch spinners and wings on them. My favorites are probably the stock 01's and the slightly modified 97's, but any of them look good. I'm happy as could be with my gold trimmed 1st gen
Old 03-03-04, 06:17 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can go with the 95-96 grille with the wider slats (see example in AusLex300's pic, his is a '96). Not a very noticeable change, IMO. There's a very nice looking grille available in Japan somewhere for the 92-96 body that looks a lot like the 97-99 grille--chrome outline with matte black slats. Unfortunately, nobody here can figure out the manufacturer or where to buy it. A few people have hypothesized that they're homemade. They look metal to me--I think the 95-96 grilles are plastic (my '96 has a few tiny cracks), but I haven't looked at a 92-94 up close, they may indeed be metal.
Old 03-03-04, 06:26 PM
Andrew T.
Driver School Candidate

haha reminds me of my mercedes!!! a zillion and one choices in grilles. i opted for the chrome .. ."S600" edition. Too bad its in the chop shop now lol
Attached Thumbnails ClubLexus es300 Owners-benz1.jpg  
Old 03-03-04, 07:12 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Its cool Andrew.. When I first bought mine. I wanted to change everything.. I personally like the front end of the 97 and ups.. As far as I was concerned, the cars all looked the same to me.. But after talking with alot of friends on these boards.. They explaned to me that once they started with the 97's everything changed as far as measurements are concerned.. I wanted to put a new front end on, new headlights everything, but it simply wouldnt fit.. These guys are great, and will tell you honestly what is and not possible...As far as my grille is concerned. I am simply just going to go and get it chromed.. As I live in Japan, I get to see first hand what you guys see on the links that float around. And the guys here are really ingenius when it come to DIY mods.. I did the chrome with black slats, but I cant find a decent paint that will stay on.. So the full chrome dip will be my next thought.... Maybe you could try that?.. I have seen a picture of an ES with a chrome grille. But pics like that are hard to find.. If anyone has seen any, I certainly would like to have a look!.. If you do chrome the grille, you still have to paint the outside of the inner slats as the actual gap doesnt go all the way to the sides....Good luck Andrew, and bare in there mate!..

Chris

Quick Reply: ClubLexus es300 Owners