ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

saying goodbye to my es

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 10:55 PM
snboarder8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saying goodbye to my es

hey guys, this summer i'm going to be selling my 92 es300. i was wondering what price i should expect i'd sell this car for. it has 96000 miles and practically every option that was offered at the time when it was purchased. it's in excellent running condition, and in excellent visual condition. i was hoping to get around $8000 for it, the more the better of course. any input will be appreciated. thanx
Old 03-08-04, 11:26 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kbb.com
Old 03-08-04, 11:32 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The very best price in Edmunds Blue Book for a '92 ES300 with 96,000 miles, in exceptional condition, with all the options that Lexus offered was $5,900. That is selling your car to a private party. You'll find very few people who would want to spend more on a 12 year old car.
As an example: A year ago I traded in my '94 ES300 with every option......including heated seats with 53,000 miles in absolutely outstanding condition, with ALL Lexus Service records(since new) for $8000. This car was 9 years old at the time. and never had ANY body repairs.
Old 03-09-04, 01:05 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Maybe post some pics of your ES on here, perhaps one of the members might be intrested in purchasing it. I agree with amf, unfortunately even though a lot of us take exceptional care of our cars most of the time we think it's worth more than the market dictates it is. Check the dealers & private sellers in your area should give you a pretty good idea of what you can expect to get for her. Why are you selling the car by the way & what are you going to replace it with?

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 03-09-04 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-09-04, 10:49 AM
slstsang
Driver School Candidate

i recently purchase my 92 es300 for 6300, it had 98K 1st owner with all lexus records.
Old 03-09-04, 12:41 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

slstsang, welcome to ClubLexus, and congrats on your ES purchase
Old 03-09-04, 05:09 PM
snboarder8
Driver

ya i know, it is unfortunate to take so much care of a car, and know how exceptional the condition is, and yet still be constrained by the market value. i posted pics earlier in the gallery, here's the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...puser=&stype=0

i have all the records, and recently bought a set of brand new tires for it. The reasoning i'm selling it is because it's just that time to upgrade. Nothing wrong with the car itself at all, in fact i will be sad to let it go. It will be replaced with an infinit g35 coupe, that car is amazing!
Old 03-09-04, 06:36 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Originally posted by snboarder8
ya i know, it is unfortunate to take so much care of a car, and know how exceptional the condition is, and yet still be constrained by the market value. i posted pics earlier in the gallery, here's the link:

i have all the records, and recently bought a set of brand new tires for it. The reasoning i'm selling it is because it's just that time to upgrade. Nothing wrong with the car itself at all, in fact i will be sad to let it go. It will be replaced with an infinit g35 coupe, that car is amazing!
g35.. talk about upgrade!
Old 03-09-04, 09:24 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

The car looks in fantastic shape sn! I would imagine you should find another owner quite quickly for a a car in that good of condition Nice choice by the way on the replacement too
Old 03-10-04, 10:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The G35 is a great sports sedan, but since you apparantly have gotten used to the easy ride and luxury the old ES gave you, have you checked out the new ES330? That car has an interior and a half....a true luxury car. The wood, leather, and trim is beautiful. I'd rather have that interior than even a Jaguar's.

Or are you just tired of gliding over bumps and plowing around corners and you want something a little more responsive?
Old 03-10-04, 10:41 AM
snboarder8
Driver

thanx for your comment lexusfreak, i babied this car. mm, i have driven the newer es300, it was a loaner when i was gettin new brake pads installed at the lexus dealership and i do love the ride quality, perhaps the smoothest ride i've felt. i haven't had a chance to test drive the new es330, but i'm sure it's nothin short of amazing since it's a lexus but i want something more responsive, quicker handling and definitely more power. my father bought an s-type r last year and wow, power is a wonderful thing to have. his is also plush on even rough roads with 9.5" wide lower profiles. you can definitely feel the road more in the g35 coupe, yet it has it's fair share of luxury. i test drove the 350z before it, since that's what i thought i wanted, however i didn't like the ride quality and a two seater with hardly any trunk space made me reconsider. the infiniti definitely fits what i want at this point, but i still love lexus cars, i'll never forgot the es!
Old 03-11-04, 07:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

thanx for your comment lexusfreak, i babied this car. mm, i have driven the newer es300, it was a loaner when i was gettin new brake pads installed at the lexus dealership and i do love the ride quality, perhaps the smoothest ride i've felt. i haven't had a chance to test drive the new es330, but i'm sure it's nothin short of amazing since it's a lexus but i want something more responsive, quicker handling and definitely more power. my father bought an s-type r last year and wow, power is a wonderful thing to have. his is also plush on even rough roads with 9.5" wide lower profiles. you can definitely feel the road more in the g35 coupe, yet it has it's fair share of luxury. i test drove the 350z before it, since that's what i thought i wanted, however i didn't like the ride quality and a two seater with hardly any trunk space made me reconsider. the infiniti definitely fits what i want at this point, but i still love lexus cars, i'll never forgot the es!
Well, if you really want roadability, the G35 has a version coming that will give you something that neither the ES330, the 350Z, the S-Type, nor the IS300 will.....All-Wheel-Drive. While there is a small weight penalty that affects 0-60 times, both AutoWeek and Car and Driver in their tests have highly praised the way Infiniti has integrated the AWD into the chassis in a way that combines the benefits of AWD traction with Rear-Drive handling.....without spoiling either one. I'd say, for you...it's at least worth a look.
I have test-driven a rear-drive G35 myself. It is a great sports sedan (one of the best)....a comment I made in my last post....but I'm not impressed with the interiors in any of the newest-generation Nissan / Infiniti products, including the G35.
To me they have a cheap look and feel....but that is a personal judgement.
Old 03-11-04, 04:38 PM
lexluga
Driver School Candidate

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything but being an autowholesaler, I think that 4,500 is the money on the car. I just bought a 94 SC for 4000 with books and records, clean title and no paint work. Email me pics I would be happy to make an offer and arrange shipping.