ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 05:46 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bodykit

As some of you may know, I was involved in an accident about a month ago... A few days later I got into another one. So that was 2 accidents in a span of a week or so... Anyway, I am finishing up my insurance claims and am just waiting for the release of the checks. I will have enough for new paint plus extra. Alot extra. For those who remember aznchild808 (Sugi)... I really really liked his car... the Camry kit he picked was awesome. That's why you might see the thread I bumped in order to look for him for more information about it. I did some searching and found this kit on extremedimensions.com under the 92-96 Camry. I never thought of using that year for kits... The body typed seemed off. I always thought when people said "get a Camry kit" they were referring to the 97+ models. The 92-96 kits look like they would be able to fit better... or at least the bodyshop would have less trouble fitting them on. I will have to ask my shop what they can do or how much it will be... Anyway, here is the kit....

You can check the other thread for pics of Sugi's car.
Old 03-29-04, 06:05 AM
jhenty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will require a little custom work but that kit looks good on the es in my opinion. Does anyone know if extreme dimensions is a good place to buy from? I've heard good things about them lately but how is the quality of their fiberglass products, ect? I thought about trying to custom fit that kit as well, but I'd like to see it done more than once and see how difficult it is.
Old 03-29-04, 06:10 AM
juan01
Pole Position

If all goes well, I might be able to answer your questions in the coming months......... *cross fingers*
Old 03-31-04, 07:20 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Update...

I found the 6piece TRD kit that MCV20, Hoebag, George, and SKPerformance have for $400+shipping.. I might go ahead and go with that for my sideskirts and rear....

For the front bumper, I'm looking to stay with the one I posted above.

Lastly, I am looking to get the 97-01 full kit and get it custom fitted to my car. I know a few have said that it looks wack, but I personally think it looks pretty clean and simple.

Any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-04, 09:41 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I did some shopping around today here on Guam...

Full custom Camry kit is a go.
Old 03-31-04, 10:12 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by juan01
I did some shopping around today here on Guam...

Full custom Camry kit is a go.
hope you get the kit and good luck man.
hey i didn't know you ws involed in a accident i was to about 4 months ago.that how i got my rx330 .....
man i should have gotton a body kit with the check i got.
hooray for you man i know wiyh that BIG CHECK you'll stunt and ball in your new custom LEXUS
then you can say "U CAN SEE MEEEEEEEEE" lol lol
god bless

p.s that kit is on ebay cheap and looks good but where are the web sites for the camry kit because it my first time seeing it
Old 03-31-04, 11:00 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I am actually going with different bumpers/skirts from the Accord and Camry... So yea, wish me luck.

What kind of accident did you get into? I was involved in three separate minor accidents... It totalled out to just under $4,000... So yea, I will be able to get a kit and paint....

As for the kits, check out these sites:
www.extremedimensions.com
www.visracing.com
Old 03-31-04, 11:28 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Please juan keep it simple man, make sure you get a nice clean kit that flows with your car. I know you'll do the right thing.
Old 04-01-04, 12:16 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

What kind of accident did you get into? I was involved in three separate minor accidents... It totalled out to just under $4,000... So yea, I will be able to get a kit and paint....

dude i was hit 4 months ago by a small simi truck and it messed up my whole driver side of my es300 so that why i painted it baby blue( my fav color) and thank for the sites dog..
Old 04-01-04, 12:23 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

hey juan01 i just looked at the body kits and OMG it is sooooooooooooooo tight hey how much is it because that is DA BOMB
Old 04-01-04, 12:30 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by juan01
^ cheap fiberglass knockoff.. wouldnt reccomend it

that camry kit isnt the best looking IMO theres cleaner ones, but if you like it go for it
Old 04-01-04, 01:19 AM
juan01
Pole Position

How much was your check MRLEXUS?

I dig the front bumper..... I'll try to get that no matter what. I am not sure what kind of sideskirts I will get, but right now I'm looking at the extreme sides and extreme rear.

Any other recommendations HB?
Old 04-01-04, 01:21 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Extreme:
Attached Thumbnails Bodykit-97tycam4dex-002.jpg  
Old 04-01-04, 01:37 AM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that kit is too extreme for the ES. Why would you want to make your nice ES look like an Accord. Waste of money IMO. IF you know a good body shop, do everything in that kit except the front bumper..too much rice. It ruins the beautiful headlights with those stupid designs in the bumper.
Old 04-01-04, 02:55 AM
juan01
Pole Position

The front bumper is my favorite part!!

I've asked a few of my friends and family members and they think the extreme rear bumper is kinda yea........ too extreme for the ES.

Quick Reply: Bodykit