ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Question about paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-04, 01:27 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question about paint

Why does this guy's car look like this? Did he choose the wrong paint or is that how it turns out no matter what color you paint the car?
Attached Thumbnails Question about paint-d4_4.jpg  
Old 04-12-04, 05:55 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

It either may have just come like that, or the person intentionally painted the lower cladding/bumper the same color to get the monotone and solid look. I've seen other ES's painted monotone, and most of them look really good, such as 93lexuses' white '93 ES

Old 04-12-04, 09:42 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: Question about paint

Originally posted by juan01
Why does this guy's car look like this? Did he choose the wrong paint or is that how it turns out no matter what color you paint the car?
Was this car formerly painted a non-stock baby blue color and converted to white? I recognize those awful wheels from an ES in another thread here where the guy wanted reaction to the baby-blue color. Or maybe it's just another car with the same type wheels.....those narrow-slit ones that block airflow and heat up the brakes.
Old 04-12-04, 09:56 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

diamond white has to be the hardest to match. even on my uncle's white gs3, its obvious the cladding is off by a little.
Old 04-12-04, 03:04 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by mmarshall
Was this car formerly painted a non-stock baby blue color and converted to white? I recognize those awful wheels from an ES in another thread here where the guy wanted reaction to the baby-blue color. Or maybe it's just another car with the same type wheels.....those narrow-slit ones that block airflow and heat up the brakes.
Nope, that baby blue ES is MRLEXUS's, and his is a '97 model.
Old 04-12-04, 06:09 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusk8
It either may have just come like that, or the person intentionally painted the lower cladding/bumper the same color to get the monotone and solid look. I've seen other ES's painted monotone, and most of them look really good, such as 93lexuses' white '93 ES
Yes, I know they painted the cladding supposedly to "match"... But if you look closely, the bottom portion is off from the upper portion of the car. Will this always happen? I am looking at getting the "pearl white metallic" paint for my whole car, but if the different color white will show up like that, I might as well get another color.
Old 04-13-04, 09:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Smile

Originally posted by lexusk8
Nope, that baby blue ES is MRLEXUS's, and his is a '97 model.
Thanks, lexusK8....those wheels kinda threw me.....not many ES'es have them.
Old 04-13-04, 09:56 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Question about paint

Originally posted by mmarshall

this is my lexus man

those wheel arew UGLY
lol but only IMO

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 04-13-04 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-14-04, 10:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Cool

Yes, Bro.........I remember your asking for forum input on the non-stock paint job you gave it. I had a high opinion of the paint color but not the wheels.
When I saw that white one with the same wheels, I thought maybe you had decided to repaint it AGAIN....apparantly not.
Old 04-14-04, 12:40 PM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

MR LEXUS: did the paint start coming off the rubber part below the doors ? i was told you couldnt paint that part. LEt me know
Old 04-14-04, 01:03 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FrankWhite
MR LEXUS: did the paint start coming off the rubber part below the doors ? i was told you couldnt paint that part. LEt me know
i had that part taped up so it didn't get painted but you can paint it if you like
Old 04-15-04, 07:29 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Monotone look good depending on the color!
Old 04-15-04, 03:24 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

Yes, I know they painted the cladding supposedly to "match"... But if you look closely, the bottom portion is off from the upper portion of the car. Will this always happen? I am looking at getting the "pearl white metallic" paint for my whole car, but if the different color white will show up like that, I might as well get another color.
I think they just did a crappy job on that one juan, they painted both grilles too if you look at it. LOOKS LIKE crap, leave the grilles black guys, looks much better. I plan on being Monotone w/ a bodykit by this time next year.

Anyone know what spoiler is on that second white ES?

Derrick

Last edited by TCwindom; 04-15-04 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-15-04, 06:13 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I was figuring that they were trying to match the color of the upper portion of the car, so it wasn't a whole repaint of the car...

It was starting to worry me because I wanted to get a white paint job and that it would look like that..... lol duhhhhh
Old 04-15-04, 06:15 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

I was figuring that they were trying to match the color of the upper portion of the car, so it wasn't a whole repaint of the car...

It was starting to worry me because I wanted to get a white paint job and that it would look like that..... lol duhhhhh
I can't blame you... I get uptight when thinking about that kind of stuff too. Don't want to ruin the work

Quick Reply: Question about paint