ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

MrLexus New Mods This Month!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 05:58 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok MRLEX my man.. I am going to make a big call here, and everyone will yell at me, but I am willing to take the punches.. I see that it is obvious that with your already modded components, that I am starting to think that the woodgrain is not working well with the seats and the xbox set up (I love that)... So I was thinking if you were going for the full custom job, then what about replacing the woodgrain with chrome?.. I know it sounds a little bold. But while I was looking at the xbox setup, it doesnt seem to be clashing at all, and in fact the chrome would in my opinion accentuate the blue seats.. I just feel the brown woodgrain is now the out of place part of it all.. I know that the chrome idea sounds bold now, but if done correctly, then I think it would fit with your tastes?.. Just a thought.. Oh yeah.. Need the new chrome rims... Let me know what you think of my idea?

Chris
Old 04-22-04, 06:04 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by AusLex300
Ok MRLEX my man.. I am going to make a big call here, and everyone will yell at me, but I am willing to take the punches.. I see that it is obvious that with your already modded components, that I am starting to think that the woodgrain is not working well with the seats and the xbox set up (I love that)... So I was thinking if you were going for the full custom job, then what about replacing the woodgrain with chrome?.. I know it sounds a little bold. But while I was looking at the xbox setup, it doesnt seem to be clashing at all, and in fact the chrome would in my opinion accentuate the blue seats.. I just feel the brown woodgrain is now the out of place part of it all.. I know that the chrome idea sounds bold now, but if done correctly, then I think it would fit with your tastes?.. Just a thought.. Oh yeah.. Need the new chrome rims... Let me know what you think of my idea?

Chris

chrome vinyl doesnt last long at all

making metal molds of the wood grain covers and then chroming them? it would cost more money than its worth
Old 04-22-04, 06:13 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by HoeBag
chrome vinyl doesnt last long at all

making metal molds of the wood grain covers and then chroming them? it would cost more money than its worth
who care what it would cost me if i like it i'll do it and that the bottom line because "MRLEXUS"said so
lol
Old 04-22-04, 06:15 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Chris
nice idea is really cool i'haven't thought of that one? i really do like it but i all so love the wood grain ya know . thanks for the idea man
Old 04-22-04, 06:25 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

No probs man.. Just an idea.. I have seen some show cars here in Japan with all chrome interiors, and it looks pretty tight for a show car.. Just an idea.. I know that you just did the wood, so wasnt sure wether to mention it or not? Anyways, Im lovin it bro!... You've really put your mind to it...

Chris
Old 04-22-04, 10:02 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
who care what it would cost me if i like it i'll do it and that the bottom line because "MRLEXUS"said so
lol
i couldnt care less what crap you waste your money on

im just saying the cons outweigh the pros

learn to comprehend the english language
Old 04-22-04, 10:14 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Your not bad Hoe Bag.. If you dont care. Then why do you feel the need to comment?.. He might or might not be able to afford to do it? Its really not that important... But from all of the posts that I read of yours, you continuously tell us what you want, or are going to do, and make us feel as though you are the trend setter!.. Again and again, I always say to you. How about you give alternatives to other people ideas, rather than just giving your permission or mostly negative opinion?.. But you never seem to do that? .. You've got to remember that its each to thier own here.. Trial and error.. Some things we do looks good, some things dont.. But atleast we are having a go at it.....

Chris
Old 04-22-04, 11:35 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Your not bad Hoe Bag.. If you dont care. Then why do you feel the need to comment?.. He might or might not be able to afford to do it? Its really not that important... But from all of the posts that I read of yours, you continuously tell us what you want, or are going to do, and make us feel as though you are the trend setter!.. Again and again, I always say to you. How about you give alternatives to other people ideas, rather than just giving your permission or mostly negative opinion?.. But you never seem to do that? .. You've got to remember that its each to thier own here.. Trial and error.. Some things we do looks good, some things dont.. But atleast we are having a go at it.....

Chris
i like to point people in the right direction... but it doesnt necessarily have to do with my style or liking

i dont believe that im a trend setter

you guys read way too much into my posts

why judge me when you dont even know me?
Old 04-23-04, 12:07 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Becuase this is the internet, and many people here would not know each other in person.. Its how you conduct yourself here that is what I am talking about.. We can only read into what you write, so no arguement there mate?... And I say over and over again, you give off a negative vibe when replying to peoples posts.. You may feel that you are steering people in the right direction. But what direction.. I keep saying, you never give alternatives or help. You just say what is good or bad? Or what looks like ***...

To be honest, I dont even know why I am even replying, or explaining myself.. Your a bore, and to be honest, I simply wont debate this with you.. Do what you like man.. I know it will be wonderfull! ....

Chris
Old 04-23-04, 12:16 AM
bhandsome
Driver

i couldnt care less what crap you waste your money on

im just saying the cons outweigh the pros

learn to comprehend the english language
lol that was funny... damn i havent been on here a long time. its good to see the cat fights....
Old 04-23-04, 12:23 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Calm down children LoL!

hoebag
yeah; first time around I agreed & he was a jerk that got what he deserved. Lighten up though; he seems to have chilled a ton and is the most entertaining thing going non-the-least! (MRLEXUS)
An example for you:
*note I still don't like the seats, but they are so much better now it aint funny! If ya wanna rag, atleast be constructive, and not so harsh*

AusLex300
To the other defender of "To each his own". I agree the tirm aint perfect, so no flak. I'm having to custom build another face plate so I looking for wood grain options.

MRLEXUS
thanks for dropping the attitude displayed elsewhere & congrats on the big win.

Here's a thought though You think the guys that put the blue leather on your seats could do that on the center of your steering wheel also, and possibly on the glove box/airbag cover? I think that would be tight. Might as well continue the trend! Possibly some part of the door panel as well, but I'd be careful not to over do it.

Last edited by Toysrme; 04-24-04 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-23-04, 06:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally posted by bhandsome
lol that was funny... damn i havent been on here a long time. its good to see the cat fights....
Actually, no its not. We are not going to tolerate the continued 'cat fights' as it is very destructive to the supportive environment we've tried to foster here on ClubLexus. I am asking all our ES members to stop exhibiting this type of attitude immediately.

No one is saying you have to like what another person does to their car, nor them what you do to yours. And if you don't like something, its fine to post to give it a , but do it at least in a constructive manner that makes it clear that its your opinion and not a 'we' opinion. Everyone has their own style and should be free to express it and share it here. Realize they might have totally different goals for their ride than you do. Live in different environments. Have different budgets.

What I'm asking is to immediately cease all the little personal jabs and rude commentary that have become routine in the ES forum lately. Open your mind a little and check your attitude at the door.
Old 04-23-04, 07:13 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Let me be the first one to appologise Dave... I enjoy being a part of this board, and find the spirit of it supportive and light hearted.. I must be added to the blame of bickering, as I shouldnt get my back up over something so trivial.. But I know that all the guys on here have a keen and common interest in what we are all doing.. So I guess I take offence when I feel someone is demeaning someone else.. Anyways, enough said...

Chris
Old 04-23-04, 10:06 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

dear clublexus members,
i would like to thank you so much for you for all of you nice and no so nice comments. i will be adding more mods soon in the next comming months. i won't say right now but i promise it will look nice. as you can see no that i am a very nice , caring , laid back person it because i like to hear what a person has to say and not let it affect me. when people have to make a rude comment to some one else ....IMO it make them look like a kid. do you really have to do this? IMO i think that some people don't like competion. no i not saing i'm not trying to compete with anyone , but take stabs at someones idea because you may not like him or her is not COOL by no means. we all hear LOVE are rides like i said before the way we drive and the way we mod are cars tell a little about us. So all I ask is enjoy each others companey because we are all family hear, we are blesesd to have money to mod these "LUXURY" cars (and have money to put gas in ..lol) so let TRY to be nice to one another and not to be a jerk.

p.s. hear is what Websters Dictionary defines honest to be:
1 a : free from fraud or deception : LEGITIMATE, TRUTHFUL <an honest plea> b : GENUINE, REAL <making honest stops at stop signs -- Christian Science Monitor> c : HUMBLE, PLAIN <good honest food>
2 a : REPUTABLE, RESPECTABLE <honest decent people> b chiefly British : GOOD, WORTHY
3 : CREDITABLE, PRAISEWORTHY <an honest day's work>
4 a : marked by integrity b : marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : FRANK <an honest appraisal> c : INNOCENT, SIMPLE
synonym see UPRIGHT
HONEST 2
Main Entry: 2honest
Function: adverb
1 : in an honest manner : HONESTLY <I have ever found thee honest true -- Shakespeare>
2 : with all sincerity <I didn't do it, honest>
lets don't foget about OPINION TO
a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : APPROVAL, ESTEEM
2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view
3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based
- opin·ioned /-y&nd/ adjective
synonyms OPINION, VIEW, BELIEF, CONVICTION, PERSUASION, SENTIMENT mean a judgment one holds as true. OPINION implies a conclusion thought out yet open to dispute <each expert seemed to have a different opinion>. VIEW suggests a subjective opinion <very assertive in stating his views>. BELIEF implies often deliberate acceptance and intellectual assent <a firm belief in her party's platform>. CONVICTION applies to a firmly and seriously held belief <the conviction that animal life is as sacred as human>. PERSUASION suggests a belief grounded on assurance (as by evidence) of its truth <was of the persuasion that everything changes>. SENTIMENT suggests a settled opinion reflective of one's feelings <her feminist sentiments are well-known>.
SO READ IT, USE IT , AND APPLY IT
AND THAT MY BOOTOM LINE FOR THE DAY
MRLEXUS

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 04-23-04 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-23-04, 02:35 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

air suspension is garbage.... my friend has canovers (very expensive setup from japan) and he still has problems

too many problems with bags... makes it not worth it

a few of my teammates have bags... and ive seen what they go through
every suspension set up has some problems, but I think the benefits of airbags greatly outweigh the sparce problems incurred. The ES looks awkwardly high (imo) even after drop springs have been installed. The only viable option for me (if I were to own a ES) would be coilovers or bags, and I would like the option of hitting a button right before I enter a steep driveway or what have you, and raise the car up enough that I dont scrape... Plus the ES has a slight VIP resembalence when on bags and classy wheels.

and btw- Din has never told me about any problems with his canovers, and has had pretty much nothing but praise- even on the air bag discussion on vipstylecars.com's forum. ??? so that is strange.

Rob

Quick Reply: MrLexus New Mods This Month!!!!!!!!!!!!