ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

my new 19s... wiiiide

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-04 | 07:20 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by AusLex300
I cant speak for show cars in the US, but here in Japan, the VIP style car is sometimes not what it seems.. For the people that say they want to try something that is a little different are not wrong in wanting to do it, or try it.. As for here in Japan, alot of the cars that you see look amazing, and the new things that they do are really superb.. But if you get to a show early, you can see just how many cars are designed just for show.. They turn up on the back of a truck, and they leave the same way.. They are not built for driving, but are fully functional.. Just not functional for daily driving.. So my arguement is not one of saying that someone is silly for trying, or wanting to try to do something unique. But rather if it is for show, but yet still a daily driver. Then safety should always be considered first.. If you want something for show that will blow peoples minds, and change the whole design of what was intended. Then put it on a truck and go show it!... If you want to drive it, and something happens down the road.. Then all I have said all along is, just think of certain things before you do it.. It may look good now, but may also cause problems later...

Chris

thats with any modification you do... regardless of what it is a mod has the potential to cause problems later down the line.. do cars come with intakes with exposed filters? no, so why do it? you take the risk with doing anything to your car
Old 04-25-04 | 08:58 PM
cam2Xrunner
Rookie

hoebag, why not go wider all around? That would look better IMO on a fwd car and be very functional. If you don't drive at the limit it should be ok most of the time. But when it rains a wider tire on the rear of a fwd car-especially an es300 is prob. going to make the front end plow when turning at higher speeds. Do you already have an upgraded rear swaybar? If not i'd reccomend the whiteline over the trd because it is thicker than the trd. Be careful if you keep it the way it is.
Old 04-25-04 | 09:02 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TRDMCV20
hoebag, why not go wider all around? That would look better IMO on a fwd car and be very functional. If you don't drive at the limit it should be ok most of the time. But when it rains a wider tire on the rear of a fwd car-especially an es300 is prob. going to make the front end plow when turning at higher speeds. Do you already have an upgraded rear swaybar? If not i'd reccomend the whiteline over the trd because it is thicker than the trd. Be careful if you keep it the way it is.
yea im gonna order the front and rear whiteline sway bars as soon as i fall into some money

the problem is about getting 9.5 in the front also: m5's are quite rare, i think theyre discontinued :-\
Old 04-26-04 | 08:45 PM
m0mentary
Rookie

Originally posted by HoeBag
actually i knew i would get flamed.. i dont really care...

im prolly the only one with the ***** (or crazy enough) to do a staggered setup on an es300.... you guys may not like it, but i do... i like the lips on the wheels, and if you think im crazy to do staggered on this car.. these wheels were on an eclipse before me, and you would be out of your mind to flame his car since itll be at SEMA next year

but anyways... i do respect yalls opinions, but telling me that it doesnt serve a purpose wont make me change my mind especially when my car will be a lot wider soon...

Well with that, I would have to say that MRLEXUS definitley also had the ***** to paint his car that blue color, and to actually enter it in a car show, regardless of what other people said about it. Seems you two might be too alike haha. Anyway, I think these new rims look better than your old ones so good job.
Old 04-26-04 | 08:58 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by nitsuj001
Well with that, I would have to say that MRLEXUS definitley also had the ***** to paint his car that blue color, and to actually enter it in a car show, regardless of what other people said about it. Seems you two might be too alike haha. Anyway, I think these new rims look better than your old ones so good job.
we probably are alike in some ways
Old 04-26-04 | 09:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by AusLex300
Ok, I've simply had enough of you Hoe Bag.. Lets not beat around the bush here.. I dont like you, never will, and happy I dont know you in person.. In saying that, I do feel that you post simply for reaction sake only.. You are an attention seeker, no doubt about it.. You are also a very insecure person. This showes greatly with your snide remarks and constant arrogant opinions..A reason why you couldnt handle the heat of Car Domain and left with hanky in hand... Yes I do have a stock ES. (You didnt break my heart with that comment pinhead!). And yes I do have an opinion on certain subjects.. But I also see things through the eyes of a husband and father. And so as much as I would like to have a nice show car to show off with.. I simply prefer to be safety consious rather than do silly things with my car in order to gain a little more attention that lasts no more than a few minutes or so.... Maybe one day when you grow up a bit, you might just realise that people are not really having a go at you, rather adding some usefull advice to save you any bother later.... I dont nessesarily mean my advice either... But everyones allowed to thier fair share of trial and error, so fill your boots mate!... To the people that dont agree with me on certain issues.. No probs, I dont begrudge you for it...

Chris

Guys we are not going to allow continued personal attacks in this forum. I'm going to repeat what I said in another thread recently... no response in this thread is needed as it should stay on topic.

We are not going to tolerate the continued 'cat fights' as it is very destructive to the supportive environment we've tried to foster here on ClubLexus. I am asking all our ES members to stop exhibiting this type of attitude immediately.

No one is saying you have to like what another person does to their car, nor them what you do to yours. And if you don't like something, its fine to post to give it a , but do it at least in a constructive manner that makes it clear that its your opinion and not a 'we' opinion. Everyone has their own style and should be free to express it and share it here. Realize they might have totally different goals for their ride than you do. Live in different environments. Have different budgets.

There is absolutely no reason, however, to drag the person or the personality behind the original post into the your response in a negative manner. What I'm asking is to immediately cease all the little personal jabs and rude commentary that have become routine in the ES forum lately. Open your mind a little and check your attitude at the door.

I'd like to draw your attention to a feature on ClubLexus called the Ignore List. If something someone says or does ALWAYS irritates you and you feel you must respond, please add them to it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...serlist=ignore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoebag, I really like the new wheels, very clean selection. If I saw it rolling down the street (knowing the ES is FWD) I'd definitely scratch my head and say "but why" ... I understand you're going for a different look on your ES for shows and if that's what it takes to get attention, have at it!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-26-04 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-26-04 | 09:47 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Dave, I understand your concern. And applaude you for wanting to clean up the board. .. Now I am not trying to be rude about this, but your post is a little late, and what was said was in the heat of the momment, and as it was many days ago, all but forgotton until you raised attention to it now?.. Again, I understand your concern, but it has passed...From my point of it anyways!.
Cheers, Chris
Old 04-26-04 | 10:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Good to hear, but I just read the entire thread front to back when it bumped up... a post made early last evening isn't exactly what I'd call ancient history .

If the heat of the moment truly had passed and you felt differently later, you might want to consider going back and editing your inappropriate comments. Regardless of the time difference, you made a personal attack on Hoebag that was not warranted and is against our forum rules. I and other ClubLexus moderators will continue to step in if we don't catch it when immediately posted.

Please post nice folks.
Old 04-26-04 | 10:34 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

all is cool, man

i have no hard feelings
Old 04-26-04 | 11:06 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

i think they look sweet
Old 04-26-04 | 11:09 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

AND THAT THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE
STONE COLD SAID SO

come on people it not a Forum untill I'll join in
Attached Thumbnails my new 19s... wiiiide-austin08.jpg  
Old 04-26-04 | 11:37 PM
LexFather

Sigh, luckily Manary is on vacation..... Even though it does look good to the eye, it just is wrong. It's wrong like wearing white gold and acting like it's platinum.

The ES 300 is not a car modded much. And the few that do need to do it correctly. At this point, it's no better than the Civic owner putting a fake blow off valve on their car.

The whole point of a STAGGERED setup is to PUT MORE POWER TO THE GROUND on HIGH-HORSEPOWER RWD cars. Plain and simple. No safety involved. To most people, it does look better, but that is an added benefit. If we want to be **** about this, if u look at the 9 second Civics and FWD drag cars, you will notice they have GIANT SLICKS (tires) in the front for traction and slim tires in the rear.

I've been in and attended multiple car shows. I now know magazine editors. The majority DON'T KNOW SQUAT about what is right and wrong. They just know what is flashy and what looks good. It pains me to be at a show and we have a guy with all this flashy stuff winning when the tasteful guy with purposeful mods loses (time and time again).

Modding is fairly new to the Lexus scene. It is our responsibility to do it RIGHT. We own a L-E-X-U-S. Which sometimes means, taking a little longer to save up and buy what is right, than rushing some cheap mod.

Quality wheels, great choice. As stated your car does look great. There is being different and being difficult. Big difference.
Old 04-27-04 | 12:26 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

the whole point of a show is to be flashy, but flashy with taste
Old 04-27-04 | 12:29 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by HoeBag
the whole point of a show is to be flashy, but flashy with taste
So I am assuming u will be entering a lot of shows and your ES will be a show car also? Quick tip, have a list of all your mods on your windshield or a visible place for the judge to see.
Old 04-27-04 | 12:49 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
So I am assuming u will be entering a lot of shows and your ES will be a show car also? Quick tip, have a list of all your mods on your windshield or a visible place for the judge to see.
i already have a few shows and wins under my belt

i know how to compete

Quick Reply: my new 19s... wiiiide