ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Finally got my new paint....sigh

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-04, 03:39 PM
sk8er251cc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the paint and the eyelids give me new respect for the older es's. Nice wheels too!
Old 04-28-04, 09:46 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went back to the shop to ask about the dent, they were so surprised LOL it was so funny seeing their faces. There's no dentwizard around here, I was reading about it... Too bad. Anyone ever try that "As Seen as on TV" dent remover?

.....Insurance companies on Guam are weird....Hard to explain it. They are kind of lenient I guess.

Here's what happened. I got into an accident (actually 3... ). I bring my car to the bodyshop and they quote all the parts needed. They quoted replacement of two headlights.... so that right there is around 1,200!! So basically I kept one headlight (has a few scratches, but still sits in place with one bracket broken) and I replaced the other one through one I won on Ebay.... did the black housing mod all over again on that one. Other things that were repairable were quoted to be replaced, ie: front bumper cover, foglight, foglight grill, etc... So this leaves me with a little bit of money left in my pocket!!

Here's two more pics, these are dirty pics, I haven't gotten a chance to do my own wash on it. Once I do I will try to do a Hoebag-a-like photoshoot. oh yea, notice the dummy antenna, its a cool mod, makes the car look a little bit more modern.

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS GUYS!! The first time I saw it, I was a bit disappointed because it looked a little girly....looks better now though. lmao

Old 04-29-04, 12:12 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

clean color man, i like it a lot
Old 04-29-04, 04:07 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Wow man, I have to give it to you, that thing looks so much newer now!! That color really goes with the bodystyle. Thats a mature color choice bro, now how about some color matched 19s to officially "Pimp Ya Ride" ?! LOL

Great job, please dont mess it up!!!
Old 04-29-04, 05:32 AM
badboybeul
Driver School Candidate

Beutiful!!! I agree with DGOT, Pimp it Baby!!!!
Old 04-29-04, 06:01 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Wow man, I have to give it to you, that thing looks so much newer now!! That color really goes with the bodystyle. Thats a mature color choice bro, now how about some color matched 19s to officially "Pimp Ya Ride" ?! LOL

Great job, please dont mess it up!!!
It does look wayyy newer. Can't believe I actually have a paintjob.

Thanks again for the feedback, same to you badboybeul...
Old 04-29-04, 06:52 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I agree with those who mentioned about your new paint job. Be extremely careful of the roads out there (and maybe consider parking far away from others at a public location) Especially with your 3 accidents... if I were in that position, I'd immediately start driving like an old lady LOL!

Hope you also got some kind of warranty from the body shop who did the paint job in case any issues come up from the paint in the future.
Old 04-29-04, 07:13 AM
juan01
Pole Position

yeah, that's the best thing about this paint job... I am pretty close to the owners of the shop, so just in case something happens in the future, I can always go back for help. Me and their little three year old boy went to Taco Bell for lunch today... He calls me Uncle "Two"???? lmao
Old 04-29-04, 09:07 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by juan01
Me and their little three year old boy went to Taco Bell for lunch today... He calls me Uncle "Two"???? lmao
Haha... not surprised man (and you shouldn't be either) It's an Asian respect thing we're accustomed to
Old 04-29-04, 11:14 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Old 04-29-04, 11:54 AM
TCwindom
Pole Position

Looks great man, I'm really digging those eyelids... lol. I'm thinking about buying a set of headlights off ebay, when I do, you want to run me through the black housing mod? Would be highly appreciated .

Your car is now my favorite on this forum... give me a year... and I'll be competing with you. ... right, lol.
Old 04-29-04, 01:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

its so funny that different things catch peoples eye, your eyelids are getting as much props as your paint job!!! LOL funny as hell mang
Old 04-29-04, 05:47 PM
juan01
Pole Position

lexusk8, yeah it's definitely an Asian thing.. The kid is so funny, I tell him my name is Juan and then he calls me two.... lmao, classic stuff. He's already so into cars, he keeps asking if I have turbo and nos and he's only 3 years old.

TC, I did a very brief write up on the black housing mod... binleus did it as well, do a search on it and hopefully it will help you out some... Then there's always the pm system. Thanks for saying my car is your "favorite"... That's a first for me. I was the one who always used to do that... Good luck on your future mods and keep us updated, who knows maybe someone will label your car as their favorite as well.

D, yeah, the eyelids are realllllllllly dope. It was always one of my "must do mods" when I first started getting into cars. I should thank Robert C. for going out of his way in Japan to get these for me!! THANKS MAN!!!!
Old 04-29-04, 06:02 PM
jhenty
Pole Position

I love that color. I always thought first gen es300s looked great in a silvery blue. Your car looks amazing. Love the eyelids too, wish I could get a pair of those.
Old 04-29-04, 07:06 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

Originally posted by DGOT20s
its so funny that different things catch peoples eye, your eyelids are getting as much props as your paint job!!! LOL funny as hell mang
I was giving props about them because you CAN'T get them anywhere! Only ES around with them. Juan has the sickest ES on CL, no doubt.

Quick Reply: Finally got my new paint....sigh