ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-04 | 06:46 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Ouch, that does not look right....

Old 05-17-04 | 07:14 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

here are some pics of my banner.... it was ok for a bit, then i took it off, didnt like it anymore

Old 05-17-04 | 07:18 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

lol, looks like everyone has strong feelings one way or the other about this. so far, i've had plenty of compliments and only one insult related to it, though, so it seems "the people" agree with me :-)
Old 05-17-04 | 07:19 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

anything you do, some people will like, others won't, its all a matter of personal taste :-)
Old 05-17-04 | 07:44 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by AusLex300
Well an SC is a Soarer. And the last I checked they were made right here in Japan by Toyota.. Can't get any more rice than that?.. So thats an old and tired comment to make...Give the rice thing a rest..... What do you say to people who put all this sound stuff and lights all through their car? I drive past them also, and think, hey its not a nighclub!.. Come on, nothing wrong with putting a Lexus decal on your windscreen....If you like it Jenz, then go for it... As for HoeBag.. You replaced your Lexus badges with Toyota badges. Why?.. So that you would have something a little different from the norm?.. So people who live in glass houses....

Chris
i only put on the toyota badges n stuff for show points since the whole "jdm" thing is in now, that and because my gold badges were fading badly
Old 05-17-04 | 07:46 PM
juan01
Pole Position

and they look way better than gold.
Old 05-17-04 | 07:58 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

i think its all good though. seriously though, no one is going to be able to say that any of us have a "bad looking car" unless we do something real stupid like a ricer fart can muffler than is falling off and dragging on the ground....

sccrreeeee VROOM VROOM VROOOOOOOOOMM screeeeeeeeee put put put
Old 05-17-04 | 10:48 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Well an SC is a Soarer. And the last I checked they were made right here in Japan by Toyota.. Can't get any more rice than that?.. So thats an old and tired comment to make...Give the rice thing a rest..... What do you say to people who put all this sound stuff and lights all through their car? I drive past them also, and think, hey its not a nighclub!.. Come on, nothing wrong with putting a Lexus decal on your windscreen....If you like it Jenz, then go for it... As for HoeBag.. You replaced your Lexus badges with Toyota badges. Why?.. So that you would have something a little different from the norm?.. So people who live in glass houses....

Chris
A japanese vehicle is not considered rice over here... any vehicle with exessive stickers (pretty much any that arent sponsers), neon lights (outside or inside), cheap wheels, knock off kits, etc. are rice over here. A japanese automobile that is modded with taste however is not looked down upon like rice. In my opinion- there is something wrong with putting a lexus decal on the top of your windshield... it looks cheap and just does not give the car the classy look it deserves (once again- in my opinion). I would much rather see the money for a decal saved and spent on a set of coilovers or whatever...
Old 05-17-04 | 11:23 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Well how about we all just keep our rides stock, and just wash it every weekend? How boring....Thats what they were originally designed for.. If not, then they would have built about 500 models to suit everyones tastes..... Your opinion has been noted, and respected.. But must disagree on the fact that your assesment of one such mod (such as coilcovers), to a particular person may seem more warranted or money saving as for another mod (window decal) by a different person...

Everyone has different tastes... Why should a decal sticker be deemed any more rice, than say lowering a car and putting a kit on it.. If they wanted us to do that, then they would build the car so that we could drive it off the floor like that..... Its called modding...Nothing more... I say if someone likes what they do.. Then who cares what anyone else says.. If they are going to do something, than I am happy to lend some advice as to how to do it properly!....As long as they are happy and satisfied with the end result is all that matters....

Chris
Old 05-17-04 | 11:28 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by sc400texas
A japanese vehicle is not considered rice over here... any vehicle with exessive stickers (pretty much any that arent sponsers), neon lights (outside or inside), cheap wheels, knock off kits, etc. are rice over here. A japanese automobile that is modded with taste however is not looked down upon like rice. In my opinion- there is something wrong with putting a lexus decal on the top of your windshield... it looks cheap and just does not give the car the classy look it deserves (once again- in my opinion). I would much rather see the money for a decal saved and spent on a set of coilovers or whatever...
well like you said it's in your opinion now hears mine ,but only a little bit .............................
by putting stickers, neons, or cheep wheels its not a matter of its classy because if you really think about it why would you do anything to your lexus if you want to be classy? if you really want to be classy don't do anything to your ride because Lexus made it that way. thats the reson you have to get custom made parts for a lexus (EXCEPT A IS300.)
so what if someone put a big lexus sticker or put diff bagdes on their ride, like i said before and i'll say it again "THE WAY YOU MOD YOUR CAR SHOWS PEOPLE YOUR PERSONALTY"
before i go i to have neon lights outside and inside my ride why?????????????
because I'm like them. if someone has a problem with it well you have two options
1 nothing
2 live with it
because i not trying to please anyone but me and that the bottom line ................
WELL YOU KNOW THE REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 05-17-04 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-17-04 | 11:34 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Well how about we all just keep our rides stock, and just wash it every weekend? How boring....Thats what they were originally designed for.. If not, then they would have built about 500 models to suit everyones tastes..... Your opinion has been noted, and respected.. But must disagree on the fact that your assesment of one such mod (such as coilcovers), to a particular person may seem more warranted or money saving as for another mod (window decal) by a different person...

Everyone has different tastes... Why should a decal sticker be deemed any more rice, than say lowering a car and putting a kit on it.. If they wanted us to do that, then they would build the car so that we could drive it off the floor like that..... Its called modding...Nothing more... I say if someone likes what they do.. Then who cares what anyone else says.. If they are going to do something, than I am happy to lend some advice as to how to do it properly!....As long as they are happy and satisfied with the end result is all that matters....

Chris
Im not saying not to mod- (look at my sig) im saying mod it with class. Use quality parts that enhance the vehicle. clearly a set of knock off rims, a knock off kit, stickers, fake hood or roof scoops, cut springs, etc. are not enhancing the vehicle in any manner. In my opinion, this sticker makes the car look worse. I have seen the pictures above, and I am not a huge fan of the way they look. Maybe if you were able to get a sponser who would pay you or give you credit for having their name on your window... then I would understand. But just putting a lexus sticker up there looks dumb. People already know its a lexus, why do you need to remind them with a huge lexus sticker???

Mod with class... the ES can easily be borderline VIP and with the absence of a true VIP definition in the US, there is still alot of room for interpretation of what is a VIP car. If people start seeing ES's with quality parts, VIP looks, and no ricey/ cheap looking modification, it may gain respect as a VIP chasis in the states. I think most of you guys would want that??? I know I would love it if I owned one, and I would mod my car in a VIP nature- but thats just me and I love the look of a classy car.
Old 05-17-04 | 11:37 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

and by the way- i do not have to get everything custom made- I just have to have it shipped in from Japan... its really too bad that Hyper-Rev hasn't made a windom issue for you guys- you should hit up [-.-] and try to order the 2004 VIP Car parts catalog- it has some Windom parts in it that alot of you have probably never seen...
Old 05-18-04 | 12:07 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Hey Texas, Im not having a problem with what your saying.. I personally feel the same way.. But what I am saying is that people are going to do what they want how theywant.. If that is the case, then I say, as you, do it properly, and with a little taste... If you saw the pics of mine when I had the decal on, I decided that it wasnt so big that it was either a driving hazzard, nor tacky.. Thats why I chose that particular size and design... So if someone wants to do it.. I just say do a good job, and well enjoy it..

Chris
Old 05-18-04 | 06:35 AM
JenzLEX
Driver

Well I didn't realize that this would turn into such a heated topic. All I was wnadering if ya'll had some pics of a car with the banner on. I do however have an X-treme audio sticker on the back because well, my whole boom-boom of a system was put in by them. No, I don't want to make the car tacky or such, just a tiny bit different from the other 300 or so in the CSRA. That's all. And I do agree with the part about all the stickers that have nothing to do with whatever you have on your (false advertisement) or whatever. Nothing like that.
Old 05-18-04 | 07:22 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Its cool jenz... I understand you want something a bit different- its just a matter of opinion-

Heres what I think of when I think of classy mods... but then again- alot of people in the states hate the VIP tuning thing...

Quick Reply: I need advice! (Lexus decal across window)