ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Help! Can't locate factory rim for '94 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-04, 12:01 PM
LexusPia
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Help! Can't locate factory rim for '94 ES300

My wife has a '94 ES300 special anniversary edition with special rims (not the twin spoke design) and she hit a curb and totally damaged the front rim and tire. The good news is our car insurance will cover the damage but the really bad news is Lexus doesn't stock that special anniversary edition wheel anymore according to our Lexus dealer nor can I find it in any salvage yards or eBay. Any advice?

I did notice that some of the ES300 "Coach Edition" wheels on say the '96 or later are similar in design but not sure they are identical to the '94. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Old 05-19-04, 03:26 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The '96 ES Coach Edition wheels should be identical to the ones on the '94 Anniversary Edition. If I still had my '96 ES, I would've considered parting out Anyway here's a pic of the wheels from my '96 Coach Edition.
Attached Thumbnails Help! Can't locate factory rim for '94 ES300-96coach.jpg  
Old 05-19-04, 09:56 PM
whitcobra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default search

I would do a search on ebay for rims, or check local wheel shops. It may take some time but you will find one!
Old 05-20-04, 10:23 AM
Plum
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try these guys:
http://www.wheelcollision.com/
Old 05-21-04, 05:54 AM
LexusPia
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the tips and info. The Lexus dealer checked the coach edition rim for '95 and '96 and Lexus no longer carries them either. Called Wheel Collison as well as two other outfits that sell reconditioned wheels and all said that special edition rim is not available for any of those years and very difficult to come by (not sure why they even bothered to show a picture in their website). The only option they gave was to possibly salvage our severely damaged (cracked, dented and a good part of the rim bead missing) wheel or buy a complete set of 4 different design wheels. I even called Lexus customer service for help but they couldn't offer any. The local salvage yard also did a search online nationwide and came up with nothing (they found plenty of the twin spoke design wheels though). Also checked eBay again and found nothing. One thing that Lexus dealer said was they were very surprised that Lexus would quit carrying inventory on these special rims. Now I wonder whether Lexus is stocking any of those special rims that came on the 2000 "Platinum" edition models.

Sure hate to part with those special wheels since they look so cool and replace them with the standard rims.
Old 05-21-04, 09:07 AM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LexusPia,

I believe the wheels on your wife's ES300 were made by Enkei for Lexus. You can check with Enkei and see if they still carry these wheels.

Also, I nearly bought a set of those exact same wheels from an ebay seller a year ago (email: ngobros2000@aol.com). You can check if the seller still stocks the wheels as well.

Hope this helps,

Good luck

Last edited by XenonES3; 04-08-06 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-21-04, 10:01 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by LexusPia
Thanks for all the tips and info. The Lexus dealer checked the coach edition rim for '95 and '96 and Lexus no longer carries them either. Called Wheel Collison as well as two other outfits that sell reconditioned wheels and all said that special edition rim is not available for any of those years and very difficult to come by (not sure why they even bothered to show a picture in their website). The only option they gave was to possibly salvage our severely damaged (cracked, dented and a good part of the rim bead missing) wheel or buy a complete set of 4 different design wheels. I even called Lexus customer service for help but they couldn't offer any. The local salvage yard also did a search online nationwide and came up with nothing (they found plenty of the twin spoke design wheels though). Also checked eBay again and found nothing. One thing that Lexus dealer said was they were very surprised that Lexus would quit carrying inventory on these special rims. Now I wonder whether Lexus is stocking any of those special rims that came on the 2000 "Platinum" edition models.

Sure hate to part with those special wheels since they look so cool and replace them with the standard rims.
It sounds like you're not having much luck finding that particularly rare Lexus wheel. Junkyards are no help either, maybe once in a blue moon do I see a Lexus ES show up in a junkyard. As XenonES mentioned, I'd try contacting ngobros2000 since he has sold plenty of Lexus wheels on Ebay (both OEM and replica).

The wheels on the '00 Platinum Edition models are 16" size, and so require a new set of tires. If you want to though, you could try looking into the wheels on a '99 ES Coach Edition since they are 15", and should be able to fit in your existing tires. Here are a few pics of what the '99 wheels look like: