ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

THanx Junction produce

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-04, 01:29 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AusLex300
I see the crown key there {-.-}..... What year Crown do you drive, and is it an Athlete or Majesta?
Majesta 15
Old 06-13-04, 04:48 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

"Originally quoted by JunctionGS"

I wish it was only an american thing, but actually, its a Junction Produce / Osaka thing. Started in the Danjiri Festival in Osaka, Japan. Adopted by Junction Produce as a symbol of its hometown and heritage. Not everyone in VIP has to like having a FUSA. Like any mod, its up to the owner of the car to decide what goes into his car. VIP style has many different spectrums of modding. Extreme VIP or clean VIP. Some cars sport a FUSA, some don't. I too, use to only see the FUSA in VIP CAR and VIP Style Magazines, until now that is
Junction GS.. I live in Japan, so know what it is. This has been a fun topic for myself and my Japanese brother in law... I dont live in Osaka, I live in the west in Fukuoka, but my brother in law lives in Nagoya, which is pretty close to Osaka.. And he has agreed with me, that he also never see's any cars with the rope.. If he has, to his memory, it is very rare.. The second thing he mentioned was that he wouldnt even call it a VIP mod.. The reason I accept his thinking, is because he is a VIP owner himself, and works in a body shop.. He see's them come and go every day.... And so that is why I am thinking that it is just mainly used in mag ad's and show cars.. I have no problem with anyone wanting to have one.. But I for the life of me cant understand why. It serves no real purpose, other than swing around and annoy your view? anyways thats just my opinion...

Chris

Last edited by AusLex300; 06-13-04 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-13-04, 05:01 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Junction GS.. I live in Japan, so know what it is. This has been a fun topic for myself and my Japanese brother in law... I dont live in Osaka, I live in the west in Fukuoka, but my brother in law lives in Nagoya, which is pretty close to Osaka.. And he has agreed with me, that he also never see's any cars with the rope.. If he has, to his memory, it is very rare.. The second thing he mentioned was that he wouldnt even call it a VIP mod.. The reason I accept his thinking, is because he is a VIP owner himself, and works in a body shop.. He see's them come and go every day.... And so that is why I am thinking that it is just mainly used in mag ad's and show cars.. I have no problem with anyone wanting to have one.. But I for the life of me cant understand why. It serves no real purpose, other than swing around and annoy your view? anyways thats just my opinion...

Chris
I got it because it supports my heritage.I'm 100%japanese I like it because it serves a purpose for me and my nationality.I'm not calling it a VIP mod.
Old 06-13-04, 05:26 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Chris
I know that you are from Japan and that you already know what it is and where the FUSA comes from... I only stated the festival once again because you stated "must be an american thing" I felt it is not, and I wanted to tell you my OPINION and I feel it is not an american thing. If you already knew what it is then why would you give Lexus007 a hard time for his MINOR mod? Not all of us here are modding our cars to PLEASE everyone including yourself. I work for Junction Produce, and of course like how you feel about your brother views, accept Junction Produce's thinking. I understand that you and your brother do not see these FUSAs in many everyday VIP car in Japan.. I mean, if you and your brother are so "VIP", why don't u understand the concept "to each their own?" You see VIP cars with EXTREME fender mods, some without, crazy interiors, some without. Then you have the, in your case, few VIP cars with FUSAs in it. Some people like having the crazy, widebodied, big wing'd, VIP car, while some like simplicity and like having a fusa? If you feel that the FUSA doesn't serve a purpose? Do most of these mods on a VIP car serve a "real purpose" anyways other than owner preference??

Last edited by JunctionGS; 06-13-04 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-13-04, 05:49 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JunctionGS
I know that you are from Japan and that you already know what it is and where the FUSA comes from... I only stated the festival once again because you stated "must be an american thing" I felt it is not, and I wanted to tell you my OPINION and I feel it is not an american thing. If you already knew what it is then why would you give Lexus007 a hard time for his MINOR mod? Not all of us here are modding our cars to PLEASE everyone including yourself. I work for Junction Produce, and of course like how you feel about your brother views, accept Junction Produce's thinking. I understand that you and your brother do not see these FUSAs in many everyday VIP car in Japan.. I mean, if you and your brother are so "VIP", why don't u understand the concept "to each their own?" You see VIP cars with EXTREME fender mods, some without, crazy interiors, some without. Then you have the, in your case, few VIP cars with FUSAs in it. Some people like having the crazy, widebodied, big wing'd, VIP car, while some like simplicity and like having a fusa? If you feel that the FUSA doesn't serve a purpose? Do most of these mods on a VIP car serve a "real purpose" anyways?
I like that reply. BTW JOHN DID U SEND ME MY VIPSTYLECARS STICKERS YET? LOL JUAN WAS ASKING ABOUT THEM TOO. LOL...
Old 06-13-04, 05:54 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

I see the crown key there {-.-}..... What year Crown do you drive, and is it an Athlete or Majesta? I love the new 2004 Crown... I have many family and friends (Japanese, and western) here that still think the dangly thing is still a little Yakusa'ish...I see more TV's and Navies clogging up the dash, than I do those rope thingies!! In fact, only see them in VIP mag ad's..Never seen a car with it ! .....Must be an American thing???

Chris
I might be a little Yakuza.LOL HOW MANY FINGERS YOU WANNA KEEP?J/K
Old 06-13-04, 06:35 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone see something familiar in this thread?

anyway, I need the VIPSTYLECAR "decal" too!!!! LOL
Old 06-13-04, 07:00 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Originally posted by juan01

anyway, I need the VIPSTYLECAR "decal" too!!!! LOL
Old 06-13-04, 09:26 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

No probs JunctionGS.... I wasnt giving 007 a hard time.. Secondly, I must state that I wasnt having a go at you for the Osaka story either..Thats why I put a smily face at the end of it... I also agree with your thinking on everyone having different tastes.. I am of that very same opinion.. My "It must be an American thing" comment was in refrence to not seeing any of the ropes here, and so was thinking that it must be the new trend in America... It was nothing more than that.. Nothing should be read into it...

As for my brother in law... I was stating that he found it funny, because if you look through one of our many VIP mags here, there are simply pages, and pages of mods.. All be it ropes, stickers decals, emblems, anything you can think of.. He just thought it was strange that the FUSA had become so popular when there is so much stuff out there... I am getting tired of the label that I have gotten lately.. I for one have been one of the most supportive members in this club when someone has done something different, (a.k.a MR LEXUS)and everyone gave them a hard time.. And in 2 instances, I have been made out like a trouble maker again, because one person may or may not have understood what I was writing...

Lastly, Juan... Bite a fat one!... You change your thinking and character just to fit in with everyone else..Your a follower, not a trend setter!...... I have had one falling out with you, and you are acting like an elder on this site, and counting me out as the antichrist? You are not helping the problem by making silly little quotes like the one above?.. What purpose did it serve.. Again, you simply had no idea as to what I was talking about, and shot your mouth off.....

Chris
Old 06-13-04, 09:33 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, please no personal attacks. If you feel the need to respond to a certain person which has nothing to do with this topic, then do it Via Private Messages.

Otherwise this thread will be closed.
Old 06-13-04, 10:21 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Ok keep this thread open. Group hug everybody.
Old 06-13-04, 10:33 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lastly, Juan... Bite a fat one!... You change your thinking and character just to fit in with everyone else..Your a follower, not a trend setter!...... I have had one falling out with you, and you are acting like an elder on this site, and counting me out as the antichrist? You are not helping the problem by making silly little quotes like the one above?.. What purpose did it serve.. Again, you simply had no idea as to what I was talking about, and shot your mouth off.....

Chris
a bit uptight as usual? all in good fun man, I did not count you out on anything... Just stating my opinion as you always say LOL

Last edited by juan01; 06-13-04 at 10:34 PM.