ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.
View Poll Results: Which rims?
5 spoke
44.12%
7 spoke
55.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

which clean and simple 18" rims?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04, 09:19 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by HoeBag
the trophies youve won are from tiny "car shows" (if you can call them that) with almost no entries. ive won all of mine with some sort of competition.

hows your black car doin btw?
lol LOL well little man if you think the arkansas blast is a tiny car show then that you. we both still know if me and you was to enter the same car show and the same class that you go home crying like you all ways do. then you'll come to this web site and run someone else car donw to make you feel better. (i guess thats why you backed out when i said i was comming to texas to that car show, and you said that you wasn't comming LOL
Old 06-16-04, 10:39 AM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if only Manary was here to teach you kids some lessons .... anyway, he's not, but a big problem with knockoff rims is the quality is very poor. Not only do these companies take other people's designs (which i could care less about) but the actual rims are poor quality. The chrome is more likely to peel, rims arent as strong as some of the more expensive wheels, so they bend easier. That is why I wouldnt get knockoff rims, not because they are stolen design, but because they are cheap. Is it worth saving a little money now but spending more later to fix or replace a bent rim? or is it worth more to spend more now but save in the long run/ anyway, just my .02
Old 06-16-04, 11:54 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

knockoffs are inferior BC theyre not the real thing.. thats the whole point of it being a knockoff.

all i gotta say is.. you gotta pay the coss to be the boss, thats the whole point of the import game
I agree 100% -- that's why im saving up for 18" volks
Old 06-16-04, 12:07 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

yeah, thats why i was gonna avoid the chrome version.
Old 06-16-04, 04:43 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Unlike what was recently reported.. Its nice to know that I am not in the middle of every arguement?, lol

If you two keep going at it, I will have do-gooder Juan telling me not to cause any trouble, and will wear the blame for your unfriendlyness to each other....

As for the wheels.. We are all not alike, so we will want different things.. I guess its a situation where we could all agree to dissagree?

Chris

Last edited by AusLex300; 06-16-04 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 05:43 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea I was a bit surprised by no Auslex reply...

anyway, where is Manaray? I know he would be all over this thread if he were still around..
Old 06-16-04, 11:28 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by MRLEXUS
lol LOL well little man if you think the arkansas blast is a tiny car show then that you.

then that me huh? i have no idea what youre trying to say, but im betting it IS a tiny car show.

we both still know if me and you was to enter the same car show and the same class that you go home crying like you all ways do. then you'll come to this web site and run someone else car donw to make you feel better. (i guess thats why you backed out when i said i was comming to texas to that car show, and you said that you wasn't comming LOL
i actually had to go and show because of my contractual agreement with my tire sponsor, that and the fact my crew needed cars for the show. din won the lexus category, he always does, it doesnt get to me because i know his points are a lot higher than mine and i have a lot of respect for him. run home crying on the other hand? i doubt it. im a good sport when it comes to shows, but youre really annoying and i cant stand you, and i havent even met you.

think what you want of me, but the fact is, you dont know me at all, and you really have no idea whats up my sleeve.
Old 06-17-04, 05:46 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Off topic- MRLEXUS and Hoebag still going at it eh??? Both of you guys are funny as hell, you should just team up and go to shows and call it a day man! No sense wasting your energy clownin' a fellow Lexus owner! LOL Walmart rims, rims that dont fit, yadda yadda, you two are like battlin' brothers.

On topic- Kyle, follow your own needs/wants/budget and buy what YOU like for the car. that bodystyle ES can play off a lot of wheels well. If you decide chrome, just pic a very simple style. I am a 5spoke fan myself (these are the first 10 spokers I have ever had), so no complaints from me if you choose the 5.
Old 06-17-04, 05:53 AM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

then that me huh? i have no idea what youre trying to say, but im betting it IS a tiny car show.

i actually had to go and show because of my contractual agreement with my tire sponsor, that and the fact my crew needed cars for the show. din won the lexus category, he always does, it doesnt get to me because i know his points are a lot higher than mine and i have a lot of respect for him. run home crying on the other hand? i doubt it. im a good sport when it comes to shows, but youre really annoying and i cant stand you, and i havent even met you.

think what you want of me, but the fact is, you dont know me at all, and you really have no idea whats up my sleeve.
I like this response.
Old 06-17-04, 09:03 AM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 06-17-04 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-19-04, 02:28 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Kyle I'd say to go with what your budget and tastes call for, if it was me I'd go with the seven spoke with a drop. My es with the same color has mesh wheels, heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails which clean and simple 18" rims?-picture005.jpg  
Old 06-19-04, 11:39 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default which one?

I'm a 5 spoke man myself but I think 5's are too sporty for an es300. I'd get the 7 spoke.

For the guy who thinks high end rims don't bend...I am a regular visitor to my local wheel shop. I see more bent/broke high end wheels than the cheaper wheel. All wheels can be bent if not driven on carefully.

We should all respect each others choices.
Old 06-19-04, 01:38 PM
kyle8744
Rookie

ok, one more thing:

i was wrong about whats behind my wheels being clean. there is a TON of orange rust on the cylinder thing between the wheel and the brake pad. is that the rotor? if so, can i paint it black or something? ill get pics up later.
Old 06-19-04, 03:27 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs down DON'T paint your rotors

Originally posted by kyle8744
ok, one more thing:

i was wrong about whats behind my wheels being clean. there is a TON of orange rust on the cylinder thing between the wheel and the brake pad. is that the rotor? if so, can i paint it black or something? ill get pics up later.
You are correct that what you're seeing with the rust on top is the brake rotor, but I beg you to please don't think about painting your rotors. It will lead to detrimental effects when you do any hard braking later on down the road, and sooner or later your brake assemblies will become shot and you will lose the car's entire braking ability. Not a wise thing to do

Unfortunately, everyone makes mistakes, and not too long ago, one person actually did paint his rotors red or white (he's a member from one of the VW forums). He posted pics up of what he did, and everyone flamed him and made fun of him for what he did I guess it can be qualified as one of the dumbest things to do to your car

Anyway I hope you catch this response to your post before you gather up your paint materials..
Old 06-19-04, 06:19 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: DON'T paint your rotors

Originally posted by lexusk8
You are correct that what you're seeing with the rust on top is the brake rotor, but I beg you to please don't think about painting your rotors. It will lead to detrimental effects when you do any hard braking later on down the road, and sooner or later your brake assemblies will become shot and you will lose the car's entire braking ability. Not a wise thing to do

Unfortunately, everyone makes mistakes, and not too long ago, one person actually did paint his rotors red or white (he's a member from one of the VW forums). He posted pics up of what he did, and everyone flamed him and made fun of him for what he did I guess it can be qualified as one of the dumbest things to do to your car

Anyway I hope you catch this response to your post before you gather up your paint materials..
Where could someone paint a rotor that would cause harm. If paint got on the surface where the pads make contact it would come off. If paint got on the section between the hub and wear surface, it won't be in the way of anything. Calipers do all the work. People paint them all the time. Rotors are made of iron. How can paint hurt them? Please explain more clearly. Thanks.

Last edited by Ice350; 06-19-04 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: which clean and simple 18" rims?