ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lady sideswipes my ES...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-04, 11:10 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy Lady sideswipes my ES...

I'll KISS. I'm on Lake shore drive this evening(4 lane highway) heading southbound by Navy Pier (for all my Chicago folks). I'm lane changing from the middle right lane into the middle left one and get about 60% into the lane when all of a sudden I hear a boom. A woman in a Camero from the left wall lane decides to lane change at the same time I do. She gets away with a scratch along her right door. While I'm stuck with the dents along my fender and driver door. At the apex of one dent, it looks as if she scraped my car and then pulled away. We exchange info, call 911. They make us come to station to file report (lazy bums). We get there, crazy cop yells because neither of us admits fault and we decide to get estimates and see if we can settle out of court. Sux...I'm off to bed. I'll have pics in the morning.
Old 07-18-04, 11:48 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sux man but at least everyone is ok
Old 07-19-04, 12:07 AM
juan01
Pole Position

ack, glad you are still here able to post... sorry man, ***** happens sometimes.
Old 07-19-04, 12:39 AM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you ok man.I hate bad drivers.
Old 07-19-04, 05:39 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice to know that nobody got seriously injured in the accident, but I have a feeling this will take a long while to resolve who's at fault. Judging just from the details of the post, if the Camaro had a car in front of her and was intending to change lanes to the right side, then technically she made the mistake of passing on the right side and should most likely be at fault. However if there were no cars in front of either yours or the Camaro lane, then it's hard to tell who's really at fault

I guess your next step will be with the insurance and their adjusters' feedback, so just take it one step at a time and keep us posted!
Old 07-19-04, 06:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Lady sideswipes my ES...

Originally posted by tiguy99
I'll KISS. I'm on Lake shore drive this evening(4 lane highway) heading southbound by Navy Pier (for all my Chicago folks). I'm lane changing from the middle right lane into the middle left one and get about 60% into the lane when all of a sudden I hear a boom. A woman in a Camero from the left wall lane decides to lane change at the same time I do. She gets away with a scratch along her right door. While I'm stuck with the dents along my fender and driver door. At the apex of one dent, it looks as if she scraped my car and then pulled away. We exchange info, call 911. They make us come to station to file report (lazy bums). We get there, crazy cop yells because neither of us admits fault and we decide to get estimates and see if we can settle out of court. Sux...I'm off to bed. I'll have pics in the morning.
This would be a tough one to assess fault. I am an insurance claims adjuster by profession. It could be a 50/50 liability issue since both of you guys ended up in the same lane. Did you have your turn signals on? And what part of the car are you talking about? Your drivers front fender or your drivers side rear quarter panel? I'd have to see pictures to judge who would be at fault. If she was already in the lane, it would obviously be a right of way violation. This sounds more like a comparative damage issue than anything else.
Old 07-19-04, 06:31 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont people in the 'fast' (left) lane have right of way?
Old 07-19-04, 10:27 AM
I DOGG
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Man thst sucks!
Old 07-19-04, 05:16 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is really terrible. I sure am glad that you are ok.
Old 07-19-04, 06:44 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Thanks guys...I didn't get the chance to take pics yet and get estimates. Too much stuff on the plate today. I plan on going in the morning. I can try to take pics tonight but my garage doesnt' have alot of good light to show the damage well. So bear with me. Thanks once again for the support. THe whole time I was thinking man I hope my girl isn't going to be pissed. The whole ordeal made me late from picking her up from work.
Old 07-19-04, 09:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Thanks guys...I didn't get the chance to take pics yet and get estimates. Too much stuff on the plate today. I plan on going in the morning. I can try to take pics tonight but my garage doesnt' have alot of good light to show the damage well. So bear with me. Thanks once again for the support. THe whole time I was thinking man I hope my girl isn't going to be pissed. The whole ordeal made me late from picking her up from work.
Don't worry. With due time, your car will be back to normal in no time. Just get your claim handled and your repairs squared away asap.
Old 07-20-04, 02:57 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Sorry for the delay...pics as promised....

We got the estimate...our guy's willing to fix the car for 400.00. I have yet to call the woman and settle the matter. We're doing it tonight. More details in a bit.
Old 07-20-04, 05:53 PM
juan01
Pole Position

damage looks pretty minor... which is good news.
Old 07-20-04, 10:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Sorry for the delay...pics as promised....

We got the estimate...our guy's willing to fix the car for 400.00. I have yet to call the woman and settle the matter. We're doing it tonight. More details in a bit.
If your deductible is $500, it would probably be best to settle outside of a claim.
Old 07-20-04, 11:00 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this tiguy99, I think I know the exact stretch of road you’re talking about. Is it the sweeping S curves that have a bunch of scuff marks on the divider wall?

If anybody knows accidents based off of how many they've had, it's me. It doesn't look too bad and the $400 estimate doesn't sound too bad either.

The whole ordeal made me late from picking her up from work.
This just goes to show you what's really important. We're driving very safe cars and normally don't have to worry about getting hurt.

Originally posted by flipside909
If your deductible is $500, it would probably be best to settle outside of a claim.
I'm from a no fault state, but isn't there some tore (sp?) that you can do to try and recover some money from the other party of an accident?

Quick Reply: Lady sideswipes my ES...