ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

A pretty cool discovery

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04, 05:50 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default A pretty cool discovery

I went out this morning to head off for a fundraiser breakfast. I'm the point man on this mission so i had to get there early. Started my car at 5am. pretty dang cold outside and my windows were all fogged up so i pushed the rear defrost button like i normally would do... but this morning i had my window down and i looked over at the side mirror and "steam" was rising from it. i touched the mirror and it was warm! i was astonished! i guess lexus made it like that to defrost the side mirrors too. pretty dang nifty.
Old 10-13-04, 08:21 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe all '97+ ES has the defrosted side mirrors, and I agree that's a cool feature
Old 10-14-04, 10:39 PM
LarryParker
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an even bigger surprise when my alarm sounded one day. I had owned my 1992 es for over three years, and I didn't even know the car HAD an alarm. Boy, did I jump
Old 10-15-04, 05:41 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

For my '01 ES, I did not realize the trunk open button from my master key until one day when I held the button down for 2-3 sec., and the trunk lid popped up with an accompanying *beep* noise. I thought that's an awesome feature.

This could turn out to be an interesting thread. Anyone else care to share cool discovered features from their ES?
Old 10-15-04, 06:22 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusk8
I believe all '97+ ES has the defrosted side mirrors, and I agree that's a cool feature
I know this is an ES forum, but do you know if the GS have that option? Heated side mirrors would be pretty cool for the winter!
Old 10-15-04, 06:30 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Cadd
I know this is an ES forum, but do you know if the GS have that option? Heated side mirrors would be pretty cool for the winter!
Yep, the GS (at least for your '99) has heated side mirrors. You can test them out by turning on your rear window defogger after a rainy/foggy day
Old 10-15-04, 07:31 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusk8
Yep, the GS (at least for your '99) has heated side mirrors. You can test them out by turning on your rear window defogger after a rainy/foggy day
How embarrassing!!!!! Yesterday, I just rowed down the windows and used tissue to wipe down the mirrors!!! LOL

I'll try that tonight since it's still raining. Thanks again Doug.

Now back to your regular program.
Old 10-15-04, 07:39 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by LarryParker
I got an even bigger surprise when my alarm sounded one day. I had owned my 1992 es for over three years, and I didn't even know the car HAD an alarm. Boy, did I jump
LOL, the first time I had that happen, I had no idea how to turn the damn thing off, haha. I was at a gas station with some friends and the car locked itself automatically during the summer so the windows were down. When I was coming out from the station I saw my friend reach in to press the unlock button and all I heard was BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP. So I had to reach in the glovebox and pull ou tthe owners manual to see that you had to put the key in the door to make it shut off, haha
Old 10-15-04, 02:13 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mcelligott
LOL, the first time I had that happen, I had no idea how to turn the damn thing off, haha. I was at a gas station with some friends and the car locked itself automatically during the summer so the windows were down. When I was coming out from the station I saw my friend reach in to press the unlock button and all I heard was BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP. So I had to reach in the glovebox and pull ou tthe owners manual to see that you had to put the key in the door to make it shut off, haha
That's funny cause one time at like 7:30 am my husband thought he would check the oil in my car so he unlocked the car popped the trunk then he shut the door locked it back up and then opened the hood and the alarm went off. All he did was hit the button on the key and shut it right off, but it did take him a few minutes to figure it out. I think the neighbors wanted to choke him. I also learned that you can't open the hood (even if it is popped) with the car locked up.
Old 10-15-04, 06:03 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All those times i ever wiped my mirrors off... i should have just simply waited and let the car do its own thing
Old 10-18-04, 07:50 PM
DK Audio
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is cool, I never really "discovered" that but come to think of it my mirrors have never been frosty/foggy once the car is warmed up.
Old 10-19-04, 03:23 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

wonder if my es250 has heated mirrors???
Old 11-18-04, 06:14 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ArmyofOne
wonder if my es250 has heated mirrors???
You can find out by turning on your front or rear window defogger after an interval of rain or fog.
Old 11-18-04, 11:31 AM
calilex_
Driver School Candidate

thats funny , after 7 months that I bought my 94 es300 today morning I discovered the same thing steam was coming from my mirrors !! and I just found out about the heated mirrors !!! I was really surprised....

Last edited by calilex_; 11-18-04 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-18-04, 04:29 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

cool! i cant wait for rain now so i cant test mine out.

Quick Reply: A pretty cool discovery