ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Compliments with your ES

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-04, 05:41 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Compliments with your ES

I had a rewarding one this morning when I went to the Sunoco gas station near my workplace to fill up. The cashier walked outside and gave me the usual appreciative remark, "Nice ride". Then he asked me questions like the year of my car, the mileage, and the model year when the ES changed to the new style. I gave him the appropriate answers, and he told me that he really likes the style of my '01 ES better than the current one based on the sportiness and design cues. Seriously, this guy is the first person I've encountered saying that remark, and I felt sooo happy to hear that

Please share some of the compliments you have received with your ES.
Old 11-04-04, 06:30 AM
Lexguy026
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get compliments 2 all the time, They love the color and never see it on an ES, most ppl think my car is so new like 96 im like no its only a 92 and when i tell them mileage they r like wow arent u scared its going to die and with confidence i say nope she runs like a champ :-)
Old 11-04-04, 08:50 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i used to always get waved down by other people on the road, wed have conversations while driving.. lol.. almost every time someone asked me what kind of car i have... i thought it was kinda wierd, but i think the toyota badges and everything else about my car threw em a bit off
Old 11-04-04, 02:47 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

They tell me how much you wanna sell it?It's very VIP and clean style...
Old 11-04-04, 02:59 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

A fellow ES owner talked to me the otherday. He complimented me on my cleared tails, and asked how to do them. I told him to check out CL.. I wonder if he's here?
Old 11-04-04, 03:11 PM
Lexus007
Lead Lap

Originally posted by The_Hitman
A fellow ES owner talked to me the otherday. He complimented me on my cleared tails, and asked how to do them. I told him to check out CL.. I wonder if he's here?
"CALL THEM AND THEY WILL COME"- Field of dreams.
Old 11-04-04, 03:36 PM
Bluesman
Driver

The best indirect compliment I receive is from those who don't believe my car is a 94.
Old 11-04-04, 03:44 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

i've gotten a few compliments over the years. i was at an autox watching my friend run his car and this bus driver who happened to be there said i had a sporty looking car and asked if i was going to enter it... i just smilled at him when i had the brake pads replaced at the shop, the mechanic thought the car was brand new but i told him it's about 5 years old and then asked me if i had the car repainted! i remember him saying "that's some fancy car" or something along the lines of that. when i had my mp3 unit installed at a car audio shop, the owner said, "that's a nice car." one time someone asked if the car was for sale and offered $12 grand for it.
Old 11-04-04, 05:18 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

too many.... lol
but one recently was when I was at a KFC drive-thru, a chick was holding the drink outta the window as I was driving up and when I looked at her to get it, she had the "yo baby" look on her face and she said "nice ride...." LOL... I was like um, thanks.
Old 11-04-04, 05:55 PM
George Hsieh
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got many times especially when I stop for red light. once there is one guy who drive pass me(becasue I am waiting for lights) then he hit the brake and revise and tell me he never saw this model from Lexus. He give me a thumps up then go... couple times from a bus driver.. Man this topic makes me wanna go out for a spin

George
Old 11-04-04, 06:37 PM
I DOGG
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up kool

Right on bro.

Just last week 2 hot girls at the in&out gave me some sweet loveing for my sexy lex.
***,grass or gas.....yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 11-04-04, 06:38 PM
jhenty
Pole Position

I've gotten a lot of compliments on my modded es. A lot of people ask what it is and are surprised that its a 92 because they think its brand new. The first time I drove it with the body kit on a few older ladies walked by and one asked the other if it was that new lexus. Owning a lexus is a very rewarding experience.
Old 11-04-04, 07:39 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

believe it or not, i got one in my ES250 the other night. i was filling up with gas at a QuikTrip...the following conversation ensued:

Attendant on intercom: "Good evening pump 22, your pump is on and ready to go."

me: "thanks"

Attendant: "hey man, what kind of car is that? i have never seen one of those before! it looks really good!"

Me: "its a 1990 Lexus ES250."

Attendant: "really? thats awesome, i see cars in and out of here everyday and i have never seen one of those, rare car! and good looking to...especially for its age. keep up the good work dude"

Me: "Thanks, i will"
Old 11-04-04, 08:13 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get them all the time. I think i mentioned on here one time about a guy at the Toyota dealership was petting it. LOL yes he was! One time when i was at Giant Eagle i was sitting in my car and this lady and her daughter was walking by and i heard the lady say to her daughter boy that is a really nice car and her daughter said well it is a Lexus mother! I laughed and then the mother came over (scared the crap out of me ) and said you have a really nice car then my daughter showed me that it was a Lexus and then i knew why it was so nice, but i do have to say that you have the nicest one i ever seen.
Old 11-04-04, 10:46 PM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

the most usual would be, " is that a new car"?

Im in college so its attension heaven there.

Quick Reply: Compliments with your ES