ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Explain to everyone, "Why did you purchase or get an ES"

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 04:45 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Hundred
got to have at least a 4 door car in my house, wife wants a fwd with leather and sunroof, I don't want a suv, and i am a toyota fan, so es300 it is.
Thats the best explanation I've read,and you got n SC.
Old 02-08-05, 01:35 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the ES300 has been in my family since it was in production in '92, my parents bought a dark purple one back in late 92 when we first moved to FL from NY, it was a used ES, but only 12-15k miles on it i think ( so still pretty new)...well in '94 my mom wanted a newer car so we opted for a new ES300, a pretty red color with the burgandy two-tone bottom....i always liked that color, next we again went for a new car in '98 and it was a fully loaded ES300 once again...thats car is which i bought from my parents about a month now, still running strong as ever, just did a complete tune-up on it and I am glad to be the owner of it, i know i'll miss my old car, mk3 supra turbo, but the reliability of the lexus over the supra is what i cared about most and after seeing some of the pix and mods that can be done to the ES i didnt hesitate on the decision....and to make things even better, my parents are about to purchase the '05 ES330 very very soon.....

We are a happy ES loving family......
Old 02-08-05, 05:59 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
the ES300 has been in my family since it was in production in '92, my parents bought a dark purple one back in late 92 when we first moved to FL from NY, it was a used ES, but only 12-15k miles on it i think ( so still pretty new)...well in '94 my mom wanted a newer car so we opted for a new ES300, a pretty red color with the burgandy two-tone bottom....i always liked that color, next we again went for a new car in '98 and it was a fully loaded ES300 once again...thats car is which i bought from my parents about a month now, still running strong as ever, just did a complete tune-up on it and I am glad to be the owner of it, i know i'll miss my old car, mk3 supra turbo, but the reliability of the lexus over the supra is what i cared about most and after seeing some of the pix and mods that can be done to the ES i didnt hesitate on the decision....and to make things even better, my parents are about to purchase the '05 ES330 very very soon.....

We are a happy ES loving family......
Very happy to hear from another proud ES owner, esp. one from a family which has owned a total of 3 ES300's

Now if that doesn't spell out true dedication for Lexus reliability, I don't know what is!
Old 02-09-05, 11:44 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 semi sports car already, needed a family car and wants a lexus for reliability and carry more than 2 people sometimes; therefore my wife gets to have an ES.
Old 02-12-05, 10:44 AM
mrbobbyd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Why I bought an ES

I went across the street to the Lexus dealer to look at a 96 Accord I've been seeing every day when I leave work,Drove it made the deal from 8,100 down to 6,900 almost signed the contract when I ask him if he had anything else, the paper he had on his desk had a 97 ES on it we drove it and before I got out of the dealers lot I fell in love with it. What a difference in the two ,The ride and handling sold me,and the car was like new one owner,Two tone sliver CD,chrome rims ,Not a ding anywhere. Also the salesman was great ,He didn't care if I bought the Accord or the ES,HE said I'm not the one spending your money. What a diffence from other dealers I've been to.

Last edited by mrbobbyd; 02-12-05 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-23-05, 07:43 AM
rm1
Driver School Candidate

I have a different story. I was in market for buying a used car and had never thought will end up with a Lexus. I went to a private seller to have a look at a 95 Camry and when I reached there I saw this 92 ES300 standing outside his garage. The burgundy two tone color and it was so well maintained that I fell in love with it right then and there. He told me that the Camry will be back in 30 minutes so I had to wait.

Later I found out that ES300 was on sale too but there were some buyers coming to look at it in 45 minutes. I utilized those 45 minutes getting an inspection and actually paid $2000 more on my alloted budget for purchasing it.

But I am really glad that I did cos it feels so good even though I had to shell more money out for it, I believe it is worth every extra penny that I spent.
Old 02-24-05, 12:16 AM
lexsterES
Pole Position

It was at the end of 2001 and I was looking at buying a new accord coupe but the Honda sales reps all came off as a-holes ( I went to a few dealers). So, then I took as stroll down the Lexus dealership in Cerritos and I saw the ES for the first time and I feel in love!!! It was a sage color ES with grey interior. I didn't get that one, I ended up in El Monte, Longo and got my black beauty there.

If I would have known that grey interiors were so rare I would have gotten the sage color ES

I am still very happy with my black and tan though.
Old 03-01-05, 12:06 PM
genES300
Driver School Candidate

I wanted a car with STYLE and luxury. I have had Toyotas and Hondas so I know how dependable they are. I looked at a BMW and was advised to steer away from them unless I wanted to wrench on them continuously. I test drove my ES and just loved every minute of it. Now I am always excited to drive it. It is my garaged car and I drive it when I want to cruise and listen to that fabulous stereo system.
This car is my gift for the thirty plus years of hard work and I will have this car through my retirement years. I feel so blessed to be able to afford and enjoy this car.
Old 03-01-05, 05:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by genES300
I wanted a car with STYLE and luxury. I have had Toyotas and Hondas so I know how dependable they are. I looked at a BMW and was advised to steer away from them unless I wanted to wrench on them continuously. I test drove my ES and just loved every minute of it. Now I am always excited to drive it. It is my garaged car and I drive it when I want to cruise and listen to that fabulous stereo system.
This car is my gift for the thirty plus years of hard work and I will have this car through my retirement years. I feel so blessed to be able to afford and enjoy this car.
Great treat and welcome to Clublexus!
Old 03-03-05, 10:33 AM
eman_be_lexin
Driver School Candidate

In January of '01' I had totaled my 2000 Honda Accord. I was stuck on Honda's reliability and fun to drive factor. After that accident, i had my heart set on a TL. I found a used Acura TL at Antwerpen Toyota for the price I can afford and went there to test drive it. The salesman told me that there was someone else test drving that car and offered the 97 ES to try. I told hlm "I don't want no Toyota, I hate them" (no pun intended) but I did. He asked me "have you ever rode or driven in a lexus?" I told him no. He asked me " how about, just for fun, we test drive this until the TL comes back. I agreed and away we went. I loved the led lights on the dash, the heated seats, and the quietness of the car. When we got on the highway, the salesman told me to punch it. I did and was sold. When we got back the TL was just pulling in and I told him lets work on a deal for this ES. I took it home and my parents took it out for a spin around the block. That 2 minute trip turned into 3 hours. They went all over Maryland with that thing. They were hooked too. Later when I got the cd cartridge I realized that the stereo was really nice and I decided to buy it. I love my car and am almost finished paying for it. Thank God!!!!
Old 03-03-05, 08:57 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by eman_be_lexin
In January of '01' I had totaled my 2000 Honda Accord. I was stuck on Honda's reliability and fun to drive factor. After that accident, i had my heart set on a TL. I found a used Acura TL at Antwerpen Toyota for the price I can afford and went there to test drive it. The salesman told me that there was someone else test drving that car and offered the 97 ES to try. I told hlm "I don't want no Toyota, I hate them" (no pun intended) but I did. He asked me "have you ever rode or driven in a lexus?" I told him no. He asked me " how about, just for fun, we test drive this until the TL comes back. I agreed and away we went. I loved the led lights on the dash, the heated seats, and the quietness of the car. When we got on the highway, the salesman told me to punch it. I did and was sold. When we got back the TL was just pulling in and I told him lets work on a deal for this ES. I took it home and my parents took it out for a spin around the block. That 2 minute trip turned into 3 hours. They went all over Maryland with that thing. They were hooked too. Later when I got the cd cartridge I realized that the stereo was really nice and I decided to buy it. I love my car and am almost finished paying for it. Thank God!!!!
Congratulations on your purchase of your ES. It's an awesome car that will go and go.
Old 03-04-05, 10:34 PM
espwr25
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I was searching through the internet for a new car and I came across a classified for a 1992 ES300 "stick shift" with a 106,000miles, clean title but with a lot of body dings and leaky lights. I did some research and if my research was correct there was only 200 made...???...I decided to go check it out and fell in love with the power of a stick shift ES and the luxury part of a Lexus. I had many cars in my life but definetly a Lexus was the best...
Old 03-07-05, 07:50 AM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

Having just pounded the front of my '97 Accord into the back of an Avalon on a rainslick freeway I stumbled upon an internet listing for a '94 ES with only 95k miles. Reasonably priced, nicely maintained - everyone in my office assumed it was much newer - I had to make the decision:

'94 ES300 w/95k
'97 Maxima w/110k
'98 Camry w/108k
'97 Accord w/100k

After checking them all out, the ES was best maintained, and best running so I grabbed it. Now the wife is wondering if I've gone insane by joining this website....

P_M_G

PS...less than 2 hours after finding this site I found tips on fixing a few minor issues (such as the instrument cluster illumination)!! Thanks to all!!!!
Old 03-10-05, 01:08 AM
Pops330
Driver School Candidate

Hello all, i'm a noob an decided on the ES330 mainly because I like how it looks. Unfortunately, or fortunately i'm moving up in years and no longer require the rumble of a 5.0 V8 (although i still have it in my F150). I also don't seem to be in a rush to get around either! I am happy with my 05 ES, love the handling, comfort and luxory we old guys need. I have to commute from sea level to 1,500 feet in five miles to get home and find the ES very capable. I have to admit though that my hot rod roots still run in the blood. I swapped the standard wheels for 18X8 SSR GT2's. It fills out the wheel wells nicely
Old 03-13-05, 10:09 PM
Kyosuke86
Driver

Thumbs up

I got my ES because I knew about Lexus' excellent service and had heard about people having their Lexus for over 10 years and not having major problems, if any. To me its just the best car in its class. The smooth and quiet ride is what stands out the most.

Quick Reply: Explain to everyone, "Why did you purchase or get an ES"