ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

looking at a 2000 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-04, 06:49 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at a 2000 ES300

Hi everyone!!

I own a 1990 LS400 and I am looking at a 2000 ES300 with 113,000 miles and is in great shape for the miles. It is charcol grey with a black interior with the factory chrome wheels which looks sharp on the car by the way!.... The dealership is asking $11,900 sale price and the diffrence with my car is about $8500 total for the car. I was wondering if that is a good deal? Any feedback is welcome!!

Thanks,
-Joe
Old 12-09-04, 08:10 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I punched in the numbers on Kelly Blue Book (I filled in the zip code for Chicago IL), and the suggested retail value for that ES under excellent condition is $16,115. Your dealer is offering the ES at a little over $4,000 under the blue book value, so that is already an excellent deal. The extemely high mileage on the car also affects the low price tag on the car

Have you pulled a Carfax report detailing the history behind the car? Any past accidents with it or noticeable damage? What major Lexus services were performed on the vehicle? All of these factors will play a role towards your decision in purchasing the ES.
Old 12-10-04, 06:20 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
I punched in the numbers on Kelly Blue Book (I filled in the zip code for Chicago IL), and the suggested retail value for that ES under excellent condition is $16,115. Your dealer is offering the ES at a little over $4,000 under the blue book value, so that is already an excellent deal. The extemely high mileage on the car also affects the low price tag on the car

Have you pulled a Carfax report detailing the history behind the car? Any past accidents with it or noticeable damage? What major Lexus services were performed on the vehicle? All of these factors will play a role towards your decision in purchasing the ES.
Agreed lexusk8, Service & warranty recored are very important, especially the oil change records. Good Luck Lex.
Old 12-10-04, 12:26 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if everything checks out o.k. then it's a great deal most dealers ( depending on the dealership) most likley don't like holding on to high milage vehicles cause they are harder to get finaced. good luck
Old 12-12-04, 09:18 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Originally posted by lexusk8

I did have the dealership run a car fax report on the car and it came back clean. I also noticed that when I looked at the engine compartment that the car has also had the timing belt replaced at 105,000 miles. I agree that the miles is high for the year and that is what I told the sales manager whom I talked to at the dealership. But regaurdless that isn't something that would make or break a deal for me as long as the car was well taken cared for as far as maintence goes which this car seems to be.

Thanks,
-Joe

Last edited by Lexls400; 12-12-04 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-13-04, 10:53 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Lexls400
I did have the dealership run a car fax report on the car and it came back clean. I also noticed that when I looked at the engine compartment that the car has also had the timing belt replaced at 105,000 miles. I agree that the miles is high for the year and that is what I told the sales manager whom I talked to at the dealership. But regaurdless that isn't something that would make or break a deal for me as long as the car was well taken cared for as far as maintence goes which this car seems to be.

Thanks,
-Joe
Joe, I agree.....mileage on a car isn't as important as how well the vehicle was maintained. It sounds like it's a nice car that has high mileage, but well looked after. Keep us posted.
Old 12-14-04, 06:40 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
Joe, I agree.....mileage on a car isn't as important as how well the vehicle was maintained. It sounds like it's a nice car that has high mileage, but well looked after. Keep us posted.
I sure will!!
Old 12-15-04, 07:19 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Good Luck!
Old 12-17-04, 06:19 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Just to let everyone know....

I am proud to announce that I am now the owner of a beautiful 2000 Lexus Es300!!!!!!

-Joe
Old 12-17-04, 08:39 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice Joe, congrats and welcome to the dark side Did you end up getting the one with over 100K miles on it?
Old 12-20-04, 06:01 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Very nice Joe, congrats and welcome to the dark side Did you end up getting the one with over 100K miles on it?

Yes I did, but I found out that the engine was replaced at 102,000 miles with a brand new one which was about 11,000 miles ago under warrenty, so that is a good thing. the reason I was told was because the engine had sludge build up in it. So The good thing about this car is I'm starting out with a new engine.

-Joe
Old 12-23-04, 10:15 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by Lexls400
Yes I did, but I found out that the engine was replaced at 102,000 miles with a brand new one which was about 11,000 miles ago under warrenty, so that is a good thing. the reason I was told was because the engine had sludge build up in it. So The good thing about this car is I'm starting out with a new engine.

-Joe
Excellent! Post pics when you can!! Good luck with your new ride!!
Old 12-25-04, 01:12 PM
Lexls400
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Excellent! Post pics when you can!! Good luck with your new ride!!

Thanks!!

I sure will as soon as I get some!!

-Joe
Old 12-30-04, 08:23 AM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexls400
Hi everyone!!

I own a 1990 LS400 and I am looking at a 2000 ES300 with 113,000 miles and is in great shape for the miles. It is charcol grey with a black interior with the factory chrome wheels which looks sharp on the car by the way!.... The dealership is asking $11,900 sale price and the diffrence with my car is about $8500 total for the car. I was wondering if that is a good deal? Any feedback is welcome!!

Thanks,
-Joe

Not that it matters - but did you buy your new beauty from a Lexus Dealership? Just a question because I am looking to buy another Lexus with a dream price like that as well..
Old 01-04-05, 07:40 AM
Lexls400
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by Lex Diamonds
Not that it matters - but did you buy your new beauty from a Lexus Dealership? Just a question because I am looking to buy another Lexus with a dream price like that as well..

When I was looking for a new car I looked at the lexus dealership to see what they had and all of their cars were thousands more and not just by alittle but by alot. So, I looked at cars.com and I found this car that I now own over at Luxury Motors in Downers Grove IL. , they are a high line car dealership who sells bentley, rolls royce, mercedes, lexus, bmw, porsche, etc. They had this car for the sale price on the website but I ended up paying less than the sale price for the car in the end. So you might want to look around to see what you could find. I didn't think I would find such a good deal myself but I did.

-Joe

Quick Reply: looking at a 2000 ES300