ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Front Tower Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-01 | 05:56 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking

putting my mind at ease is worth 70.00 and if it doesn't fit, I can always put it back up for auction. I am however going to tell him that I am paying on the condition that it is returnable... I bought it on his advice that it fits my car. And there's always that ES in the gallery. He got that bar from somewhere....
Old 06-01-01 | 05:57 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking ps

my high bid was 55 wise guy!
Old 06-01-01 | 06:26 AM
chrislee8
Driver

Default since you are in nj

let me see your strut bar after you set it up.

share it?
Old 06-01-01 | 07:33 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

will do. I'm in Bergen County. Where in NY are you?
Old 06-01-01 | 07:42 AM
chrislee8
Driver

Default I dont' think

Bergen is far from me, I am in Brooklyn.

congrats on your bra, man, oops, no, bar. j/k.

Let me know when you are done with the FTSB, let's meet.

anyone in NY interested in a mini meet?
Old 06-01-01 | 08:37 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking yeah

i'm down
Old 06-05-01 | 05:11 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

That doesn't matter, of course they will bolt on, but will they fit? Yes and no...First of all, the intake manifold is slightly different on the Lexus, its a little larger, this is the thing in the picture posted her next to the cool looking cover that have the Lexus logo on it. It’s directly behind that and it looks like headers almost, that connects to the air intake. Any way this is the part that the strut bar will cover when it stretches across the engine bay. It will rub against the bar when you put the engine in reverse, because we have hydraulic engine mounts not bolt-ons. When you shift it into reverse the engine actually shift in place and nudges up against the bar causing it to rub. On if you hit a bump you can hear your engine hit the bar. I don’t recommend camary strut bars unless they are the flat rectangular shapes rods rather then thecompletely round ones. Any more questions on this hit me up.
Old 06-05-01 | 06:05 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Unhappy don't bring me down

thanx for the advice. All I know is that I have a money back guarantee and I can finally say yes it fits or no it doesn't. And that is a chance worth taking. Again I'd like to say that this board and everyone that's in here rule! I wish more people would post topics and get in on discussions.
Old 06-07-01 | 03:46 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

cool let me now if it rubs when you put it in revers and rev it, it will make a wired sound. If its a flat bar desing i think it will work. Do you know what design it is?
Old 06-07-01 | 03:56 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Unhappy

I'm afraid I don't know the difference. I am assuming the one I bought looks like the photos, but ya never know. It had sort of a bow shape to it I believe. If you look on ebay under ractive strut bars, they showed pictures for the camry.
Old 06-07-01 | 07:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by L_Sport
That doesn't matter, of course they will bolt on, but will they fit? Yes and no...First of all, the intake manifold is slightly different on the Lexus, its a little larger, this is the thing in the picture posted her next to the cool looking cover that have the Lexus logo on it. It’s directly behind that and it looks like headers almost, that connects to the air intake. Any way this is the part that the strut bar will cover when it stretches across the engine bay. It will rub against the bar when you put the engine in reverse, because we have hydraulic engine mounts not bolt-ons. When you shift it into reverse the engine actually shift in place and nudges up against the bar causing it to rub. On if you hit a bump you can hear your engine hit the bar. I don’t recommend camary strut bars unless they are the flat rectangular shapes rods rather then thecompletely round ones. Any more questions on this hit me up.
Uhhh I think you are confused. The Camry and ES300 have the exact same chassis code and engine. 94-96 model ES300 and Camry is MCV10 with the 1MZ-FE V6. No the intake manifold is not different. Yes the strut bar will rub reguardless. An OEM Solara strut bar fits on Gen3 Camrys and will fit the 92-96 ES300 since they have the exact same chassis frame dimensions, width and etc. The OEM Solara strut bar totally clears the intake plenum ( the whole piece that the throttle body is connected to with the intake). I should know because i've helped with several installs on these motors. Remember, the ES300 has the exact same chassis and engine codes as V6 model Camrys! If you don't believe me, go ask any experienced Toyota/Lexus tech.

Last edited by flipside909; 06-07-01 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-07-01 | 07:32 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Question

uhhhhhhhhhh so I should have ordered a solara bar (year, make)? Please specify as I have time to change my order if need be. i have a 96 es. The bar I ordered was a Ractive that was made to fit a 92-00 camry. If "rubbing" isn't damaging or hindering anything, I don't mind though.
Old 06-07-01 | 10:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

This is what the OEM Solara strut bar looks like on a 95 Camry SE 2dr 1MZ-FE V6.

The bar was modified a little bit but there is more than enough clearance with this strut bar since the V6 solara uses the same engine.

You might be able to find this part on eBay since alot of V6 Solara owners have been putting S/C's. The OEM strut bar is replaced w/the revised TRD strut bar which allows clearance for the supercharger pulley belt.

This is a good reference site:

http://gibsonfamily.dhs.org/camry/95se/

Last edited by flipside909; 06-07-01 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-14-01 | 08:35 AM
chrislee8
Driver

Default ramsee1

so, did you get your camry strut bar yet. come on man, talk to me. you said you r going to let me know how it goes. I can't wait to see your car with the brace bar on.

Old 06-14-01 | 08:46 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Angry

Grrrrrr still waiting for it. Probably held up at customs or some nonsense. I will post a picture when I get it.

Quick Reply: Front Tower Strut Bar