ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexbox Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 01:24 AM
lexboxOLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexbox

Sup all. Just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know I have changed my name to reflect some mods to my car. I have some mods that I have done over the past year that I have not shared with everyone. I just bought a Lumix FZ20 camera so more pics are coming.

1. Expose circuitry on amp..done
2. Custom plexiglass xbox...almost
3. CD player (correct wiring colors)....boring
4. 7 inch TV...boring
5. Audiocontrol Four.1 EQ...boring
6. Strut bar (no rubbing)...boring
7. Rebuild back deck for increased bass response...sweet
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-swervin0062.jpg  
Old 02-22-05, 07:44 AM
lexboxOLD

Amp flip was done using an Orion HCCA 250. I have added some plexiglass and blue neon but I have not added a beauty board yet so it does look ugly.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-amp-flip-25-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-22-05, 08:31 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Lexbox Mods

The man behind the smoke. Im Mark btw

This thread is constantly updated and tweaked so feel free to check back in for new content.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-park-5-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 05-03-05 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 08:35 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

I thought I would start keeping this list on my thread.
(Note to self: Gen 3 V6 Camry 1MZFE MCV10)

Recent Mods
Convert 2-DIN to 2.5 DIN for EQ
AEM Cold Air Intake
Meguires PlastX for the a headlight (Found at Bebo's Car Wash).
Bass Improvement Project
Rotora Slotted Rotors
Added ClubLexus decals to fenders
New 15" MTX 8500 DVC
Install Relay with 10ga, relocate LCD and inverter switches
9006--->9005 Mod w/ Sylvania Silverstars
Lextech Waterfall's
H3 Sylvania Silverstars
New Gold Badges
Replace side glass mirrors (stupid acid rain)
Replaced old manual fold-out LCD and Eclipse 5504 with motorized Alpine IVA-D310

*On the Way*
Nothing at all

Needs
Highlander 130amp alternator
4ga ground to console from trunk
Eibach springs or Intrax...havent decided, Tokico struts
Whiteline rear swaybar aka RSB (96's use BTR36)
AudioControl 6XS crossover
Couple more high dollar RCAs
Lextech 32 white
Vitek Spark Plug Wires
8" flip down LCD and trunk mounted pinhole reverse camera to replace rear view mirror
Cosmetically correct xbox install like MRLEXUS
Wireless neon
Retint the windows with Gold L emblems behind tint on rear windows
Replace floor carpet with plush
Replace door speaker carpet with Lexus embroidery
Replace right door handle (stupid sticker is no longer red)
Add accoustically correct carpet to modified rear deck
New molding around Front Passenger exterior door handle

Last edited by Lexbox; 01-01-06 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 08:37 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

I had to make a new surrounding faceplate when I put the TV in. Temporarily I chose to use MDF and some spare carpet I had lying around. Ballin on a budget.

*Updated*
Had to update the pic when I modified to 2.5 DIN.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-cupholder-0211-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 12-14-05 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 08:46 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Amp flip with plexi and neon

With plexi and neon but no beauty board yet.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-forum-001-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 04-15-05 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 08:55 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Current UTH shot. One of my Stinger CPT battery terminals went crazy so they arent matched.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-cupholder-009-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 04-22-05 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-23-05, 02:54 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice man, thanks for sharing the pics. Nothing wrong with cheap screens, I got one myself for only $150... the TFT module in it is awesome.
Old 03-13-05, 10:10 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Mods/Signature Explanation

I thought I would run through my Sig and explain whats up with everything since I have not posted too much about it.

1. Rims - tirerack.com had a glitch on their website and sold me them for $85 per rim. They are about 3 years old now. With only one curb incident and it was the other day. Very small too btw.

2. Battery - I think it was $165 or so. This is my second Optima.....my first one lasted almost 5 years. My car died one day because I was jamming the stereo while washing the car and I left the headlights on. Wouldnt crank after a couple tries. I came back about 35 minutes later and it cranked up fine. A self correcting dead battery is pretty awesome. I loked the other day and these can be had for about $125 retail. No reason why we should all have one.

3. Terminals - I had some Stinger CPT's but one kept losing grip on the wire. I have recently replaced it with a bobo Scosche terminal from Wally World. Note, only insanely expensive battery terminals come with 2x 1/0ga connections.

4. 1/0 guage Power Wire - This is my pride and joy of my stereo. Nothing is worse than not getting enough power. The damn thing is so big I had to run it under the car. Its actually strapped to the fuel lines. bwahaha

5. Eclipse 5504 - Ebay for $100......doesnt like cd's burned at 52x worth a crap but it works fine for now. REAL 4v pre-out. No internal amp. Only 3 pre-outs.

6. 7" Fold-Out LCD - mp3playerstore.com provided this one. If you can help it...do not order from them.

7. AudioControl Four.1 - simply one of the best signal processors you can buy for $200. DO NOT THROW ANOTHER AMP or SPEAKER until you have tried this. Trust me. My 4v pre-out on the radio is jacked up to about 8-9v, requiring the gains on my amps to be as LOW as they can go achieving a cleaner signal.

8. Akimoto yellow hose kit - I wanted hoses to match the battery. The blue paint and yellow hoses are ok but I WILL NOT put yellow anywhere someone can see it unless the hood is popped. This is a Lexus and I will not have it looking like crap. No yellow calipers, no yellow anything. Ebay for $30 or so.

9. Xbox - modified by yours truly. I researched this for almost 2 years and now I help people all over the world with theirs. IRC EFNET server #evolutionx "voodeux" . I use Xecuter chips with a 250g from Maxtor.

10. MTX 15" 8500 DVC - Ebay helped me out for $230+shipping. The shipping weight was 52lbs! Now that Ive had some time to break it in, I am definitely satisfied with it. Its in a sealed box right now but Im almost ready to build the ported box for it so I can play around.

11. Orion HCCA 250G5 - Buy It Now option on Ebay for $305 on my dorrstep. This amp is 1/2ohm stable stereo and 1ohm stable mono. HCCA stands for High Current Competition Amplifier. This is actually the 2nd gen amp since Orion started to fall off. Their new stuff doesnt compare well with the old stuff they put out.

12. Orion Cobalt 150.2 - $80 on Ebay used. Works like a charm. If you put 4 6x9's on this thing running 2ohm stereo.....you will go deaf. Until I got the new lightning Audio 150.2 the Cobalt 150.2 was pushing the F+R mids/highs at 2ohm stereo (Orion 6.2 component set and JL VR 6x9's).

13. Lightning Audio 150.2 - traded a friend of mine a 160gb 8mb cache hard drive I had in my closet. I installed it yesterday on the Front mids/highs and it sounds ok.

14. Liteglow Neon - FREEBIE! A buddy of mine just gave them to me. They worked fine for about a week and then 3 of them died.....now only 1 works and with only one looks pretty gay IMO so I never turn it on.

15. JL Audio VR6x9's - The absolute loudest 6x9's on the planet if you give them the power. I have about 150w RMS per speaker going to these and they are rated at 90w RMS per but its fine because there is no distortion in my setup so overpowering them is acceptable. And GD do they scream. Most people will fight over who gets to ride shotgun now because the JL's scream so loud. Ebay NIB for $140 or so I think. They retail for $250 and they are still worth it. I hear stuff come out of these speakers that I have never heard before and Im not BSin. The clarity is unbelievable.

16. XTC foam baskets - When you have all the pressure in your trunk from bass the rear speakers WILL move with the pressure and destroy speakers. If you ever wonder why someone cant seem to keep rear speakers, it might be why. Well worth $12 I paid.

17. Orion XTR component set - I have a less than 300w RMS going to these and they scream. Amazingly the rear JL Audio 6x9's still overpower the front speakers! I love the JL's!

*Added*
18. For some reason I forgot to mention my strut bar that I bought off of Ebay. The Ractive strut bar or whatever. You can see if from one of the pics above.

19. 4 1/0 guage grounds. I have one going from the battery to chasis, one from chasis to engine , one from engine to firewall, and the last one is in the trunk that runs through a non fused distribution block to serve as a central point for all of my goodies in the trunk. Eventually it will ground the trunk batteries and the goodies will connect directly to the batteries.

Last edited by Lexbox; 12-14-05 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 06:03 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Fairhope, AL
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-fairhope-small-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 12-14-05 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 06:31 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexbox
Fairhope, AL

hey hey...loooking good
Old 03-23-05, 10:52 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes nice ride any blue lexus is a great lexus
Old 03-30-05, 12:31 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Future Mods

Here is the car. FM 528 in Texas. I was on vacation to see my best friend that moved 6 hours away like a punk. I went to my first Jack in the Box after I took this pic.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-beach-6-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 04-24-05 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-30-05, 04:10 PM
khhoang
Driver

you can find Meguires PlastX at Bebos carwash
Old 03-30-05, 07:57 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Stereo System Visual Schematic

Thought I would add my System Layout Visual to my thread.

*Updated* on 4.15.2005
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods-audiosetup-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 04-15-05 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexbox Mods