ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ground control c/o

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-05, 09:01 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i guess u all got me on not gettin the ground controls...i guess i was tryin to find the easy way out

i guees whenever the ksports get up ona group buy i'll think about it more
Old 03-17-05, 08:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GATO
:Tein doesn't offer pillow upper strut mounts for es/camry
Hmmm do you plan to track your car? Because pillow ball upper mounts make your ride stiffer. If it's comfort you're looking for, the stock upper mounts are what you want.[/quote]

as far as the GS/IS guys...they have alot more to choose from....there are soooooo many applications for those models.
That is very true. I opted the spring/shock combo instead of coilovers because of the long distance driving I do. It's not cost effective or viable for me to have coilovers (i.e. Tein Flex) since they have a regular lifespan and in order to service the shock portion of the coilovers, you have to send it back into Tein here in SoCal for them to rebuild. Since I don't track my car or hit the canyons often, it's somewhat pointless for coilovers unless you're looking for strictly height adjustability and stiffness. For everyday driving, it's pointless. But if it's just for asthetics, then that's the route you want to go.

d2 once switched manufacturing companies on the oils that they use, thus, making poping noises in the winter time. not only that, every one who was affected that baught the ones that where recalled.....get them replaced at no charge.....NOW, whats unreputable about that?
Companies like Tein, JIC, Zeal, Apex and etc. are reputable suspension companies. You have small companies like D2 and etc offer a cheaper subsitute but they're not known or have the reputation of the companies mentioned above. Sure they replaced them at no charge, but with the companies mentioned above, you don't have issues like popping noises and such. Tein and the other reputable companies have been in the industry for years, and their products are engineered and have been improved over the years for each specific vehicle. There's a reason why they are priced the way they are. But that's great if they replaced them for free, but that doesn't mean they offer an exceptional product. Customer service yes, but product quality and reliability? We'll have to wait on that.

I dont disagree Tein is top notch.
but then again JIC is suppose to be too...and their customer service sucks...should I call them unreputable?
There's a difference with quality product and customer service. Tein and JIC make outstanding suspension systems that are used in all types of applications. It's unfortunate that JIC USA has had a poor record of customer service. The reason why you have JIC coilovers for the Camry platform is because my friends were the one who stepped up to them to prototype the SF-1 and FLT-A2 c/o as well as the JIC Bullet exhausts. They dealt w/JIC USA's B/S to get them out.
Old 03-17-05, 12:45 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

]There's a difference with quality product and customer service. Tein and JIC make outstanding suspension systems that are used in all types of applications. It's unfortunate that JIC USA has had a poor record of customer service. The reason why you have JIC coilovers for the Camry platform is because my friends were the one who stepped up to them to prototype the SF-1 and FLT-A2 c/o as well as the JIC Bullet exhausts. They dealt w/JIC USA's B/S to get them out.
I came really close to pulling the trigger on the JIC FLT-A2s....but I read somewhere about a nut always going loose and leaking fluids ...so, it kinda scared me off.

I do kinda disagree on your comment that d2/ksport can't hang with companies like JIC,zeal, and apex. I mean common....they have been around for a long time too......maybe we don't/havn't considered them ( or put them on our list) since they are prominently seen on other makes. ( subaru/mazda/nissan ect..)
notice I left out Tein....cause I do realize they're #1
Old 03-17-05, 12:59 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm do you plan to track your car? Because pillow ball upper mounts make your ride stiffer. If it's comfort you're looking for, the stock upper mounts are what you want
the only reason I disagree with you on this one is.........I'm just so glad that I wont be needing to use my stock upper strut mounts...as you know they have issues...noise issues.

I just replaced my two oem upper strut mounts and they didn't even last 2 months....well, at least one of them gave up on me already
Old 03-17-05, 08:41 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Hitman
Did you get in on that buy over at ToyotaNation? I've was following that when I was learning about all the noise problems, that's just a bad situation.. Good luck getting that worked out, hopefully they'll get something going
yeah thats the one