ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

AVS system and aftermarket struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 02:40 PM
W. David
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVS system and aftermarket struts

This is a Question that has been posted a few times over the last couple of days, and one that interests me as well. My 99 has the optional AVS on it, but I am hoping to change over to some KYB or Tokico struts so I can lower my car....is this going to be a problem? Obviously doing this will render the AVS useless...but having AVS in the first places isn't going to prevent me from doing this in the first place is it? Anybody out there lowered their car with AVS on it?? Any obstacles that you didn't account for?

Input is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-05, 06:45 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W. David
This is a Question that has been posted a few times over the last couple of days, and one that interests me as well. My 99 has the optional AVS on it, but I am hoping to change over to some KYB or Tokico struts so I can lower my car....is this going to be a problem? Obviously doing this will render the AVS useless...but having AVS in the first places isn't going to prevent me from doing this in the first place is it? Anybody out there lowered their car with AVS on it?? Any obstacles that you didn't account for?

Input is greatly appreciated.

i tried searchin on this topic b4 as i have the AVS system as well....nothing came about, the best i can tell u now is use lowering springs, which is where i'm leaning to...unless some info pops up on the AVS itself then i'd prolly get ksports!!!...i think i'm a go to the dealer and see if the system can be disconnected without any other porblems occuring, i feel that mite be the best bet
Old 04-21-05, 05:22 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

I'd be intrested in finding out as well for future reference.
Old 04-23-05, 07:48 AM
W. David
Pole Position

anyone??

Old 04-23-05, 09:23 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i juss saw prices for the electronic struts for the ES avs system...$300 each for the fronts and $350 each for the rears....

Old 04-23-05, 03:43 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

AVS=Adjustable Variable Suspension, but exactly does that do for you es/avs owners....can you really adjust or is it morer of a comfort adjust?
Old 04-23-05, 10:34 PM
W. David
Pole Position

it's entirely a comfort thing Gato....it's got 4 settings on it, ranging from ultra soft, to "sport"...which, in ES terms, means slightly more ridgid. for my money, i'm not sure why anyone would buy it, as i rarely take it off the normal setting.....then again, my parents bought the car so what can I say?
Old 04-24-05, 06:07 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by W. David
it's entirely a comfort thing Gato....it's got 4 settings on it, ranging from ultra soft, to "sport"...which, in ES terms, means slightly more ridgid. for my money, i'm not sure why anyone would buy it, as i rarely take it off the normal setting.....then again, my parents bought the car so what can I say?
Your parents probably had no choice, because certain equipment packages include AVS. Also, AVS is only available in certain parts of the country. I know that AVS was not available on East Coast cars.......not that I would want it though.
P.S. I'm talking about US ES's. I'm not sure how it is in Canada.