ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-05, 11:35 AM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch!

Ok, so I bought one of those glade airfeshners that attach to the vents, and the thing leaked all over the place. Not only did it get everywhere it ate through the plastic coating of my air vents. So I took it out and had it repainted but now I lost my Lexus Premium Sound System logo. I tried to use some model decals to get it back but nothing worked. What I need is a sticker like the ClubLexus stickers that I got from here. Does anyone know how to make these. I took a scan of the vents before I painted it.

Just Look at the damge that dam thing did.

Here it is after the fix- no more logo

I can get a whole new piece, but its $50. Cant see myself spending $50 for a logo. Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking about making it all wood, but then It would be hard to locate a wood kit for the custom radio install.
Old 04-21-05, 11:37 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

go to a sticker shop and have them make it into a sticker.. itll probably be something like $5.. if that, since it would be so small
Old 04-21-05, 11:46 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Nixsun79
Ok, so I bought one of those glade airfeshners that attach to the vents, and the thing leaked all over the place. Not only did it get everywhere it ate through the plastic coating of my air vents. So I took it out and had it repainted but now I lost my Lexus Premium Sound System logo. I tried to use some model decals to get it back but nothing worked. What I need is a sticker like the ClubLexus stickers that I got from here. Does anyone know how to make these. I took a scan of the vents before I painted it.

Just Look at the damge that dam thing did.

Here it is after the fix- no more logo

I can get a whole new piece, but its $50. Cant see myself spending $50 for a logo. Anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking about making it all wood, but then It would be hard to locate a wood kit for the custom radio install.
I had the same problem. I bought one of those glade car air fresheners and accidently spilled some on the shift bezel. It ate my R on the reverse. To those who uses air fresheners DONT BUY THE GLADE!
Old 04-21-05, 02:15 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok so here is what you do. You find a designer who has a small vinyl cutter.

have the designer rebuild the text and such in adobe illustrator then you send that to the printer. Instead of taking the cut vinyl and using it like a sticker....you use the outside part of the cut vinyl and put it exactly where you would like the text to be again.

Tape it off completely and then you use a white spray paint. Just do several light coats. and then a clear coat. After it all dries be careful and remove the outside vinyl and all your taped off portions. This should leave you with your text.

the key to this is when you rebuild the text in illustrator to do it exactly the way you want it.

hope that helps.

or!!!!

goto fast signs and show them what you want to do. Just make sure to give them the original scanned file of the text you want to restore.
Old 04-21-05, 07:01 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Or check out car-parts.com and find the part you need definately under 50.00. I got an 95 ES300 halogen replacement lamp off there for 100 even! Ebay that price and you'll easily see that go for somewhere around 160-250. Gawd knows how much the dealer's gonna charge ya. Good luck. Hey maybe one of our vendors here has one too. Did yu price that yet?