ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

93 ES300 stereo question...need help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 03:28 PM
93Lex

I recently bought a 93 es300 and the car came with a nak tape player. Since I never listen to tapes I want to replace it with an aftermarket cd player. I just need to know what I will need and where I can get it. I looked for a wiring harnesss but couldn't find one on crutchfield or sounddomain. Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Old 06-19-01, 04:54 PM
boxster004
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to help

hey 93 Lex, I have a 92 lexus and i looked around for a loing time, and i finally got someone to put in a aftermarket cd player. It was not easy though. I worked at best buy and new the guys that were working in the install bay. it will take them a long time and for that reason many places will say that they can not do it. I have a JVC Kameleon deck installed. They took out my whole tape unit, and custom made me a new black kit around it that matches my inside. So when i turn my car off it looks like i have nothing there, but it took him 10 hours to do. So if you know someone that can help you make a kit and install it for you that should help you a lot, and it does cost a lot of money too, good luck
boxster
Old 06-19-01, 05:51 PM
93Lex

so, there really isn't a kit out there to buy so i can put it in myself?
Old 06-19-01, 06:18 PM
lobo
Rookie

Default stereo

Whats up 93lex I have a 92 ES 300 and two years ago I replaced the stock deck with a clarion pro audio CD deck my installer did a custom install what he did was take a piece of plexiglass and cut it to fit the large opening then he cut the rectangle out of the middle of the piece for the Deck to fit through i when he had the piece cut to fit he painted the backside black to match the air conditioning panel above the radio he installed the deck and then placed the plexi piece in the opening so that is almost flush with the brown part of the dash but not quite and that the deck just sticks out enough for the face to flip down to finish it off he made a trim piece out of wood that fits snugly in the square opening and wrapped it with black vinyl to match the plexi glass and the black panels on the dash, that was two years ago and it still looks sick , I am going to have it redone this summer because I am getting a new deck, hope this helps, -lobo-
Old 06-19-01, 06:46 PM
93Lex

thanks to both of you lobo and boxter. I was also wondering if pull the orginal deck out, will the wiring mess any other controls up. Is the deck hooked up with the car's computer, a/c unit, or what. Could someone please answer that? I forgot to ask before

Thanks
Old 06-19-01, 07:39 PM
lobo
Rookie

Default Stereo

Hey 93lex I don't know much about the wiring because my installer did it but I would talk to a lexus dealer or fing someone that has installed a deck in an ES good luck let me know how it turns out or if you have any more questions ask, -lobo-
Old 06-19-01, 07:54 PM
boxster004
Driver School Candidate

Default hello again

I don't think that the wires are connected to the A/C or anything, but i wouldn't worry about it if you get your deck done by professional installers, i wish i had a picture for you because I think that best buy did an awesome job for me and I have loved it since i got it, my story of the installer is similair to Lobo's but instead of plexiglass, he used this black material that he perfectly cut to have it fit in
good luck man
boxster
Old 06-20-01, 11:55 AM
chrislee8
Driver

Default in case you need this

well, I didn't use the harness to install the aftermarket HU. I simply just test wire by wire to connect them to the HU.

But I don't suggest you to do that urself if you are novice.

anyways, in case you need a DIN size opening, you can check out autotoys.com search for Lexus. They have a DIN size radio kit for 93-95.

i thought that might be good for you to get that and bring it to the installer.

good luck
Old 06-21-01, 05:22 PM
maximus75

NAK systems have an amp yull have 2 bypass when connecting an aftermarket head unit.