ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Got screwed over on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 07:31 AM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got screwed over on Ebay

I bought a pair of what appeared to be XENON Headlights for 97-01 ES300.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

After waiting for two weeks with excitement, I got the delivery today and turns out its halogen reflector headlights with scratches all over and on top of that, one of them is broken. This looks NOTHING like the picture he posted on the auction. Arggggggggggggggggggggg..
Old 06-22-05, 07:41 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

File a dispute with paypal and ebay. I had some guy using d2autosport's name sell a fake trd radiator cap to me and a bunch of others. His acct got shut down real fast.
Old 06-22-05, 11:42 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At worst you can get a refund from Ebay under the Buyer Protection claim for up to several hundred dollars. However, exhaust all options first because each buyer is limited to (3) of those type of claims + financial reimbursement. Good luck!
Old 06-22-05, 01:33 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buyer beware.....Xenon does not mean HID.
Talk to the seller before you leave feedback, try to settle it. Refund, return, etc. Read the guidelines for PayPal disputes closely.

steviej
Old 06-22-05, 01:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sorry Tae, that sucks man. in the future man for parts and such just contact cl member aliga, he lives in queens and is authority on used parts here on CL.

I hate to see people get scammed on ebay, one of the main reasons why we do not market our products there, just has a bad connotaion about it! Sorry to hear bro
Old 06-22-05, 01:51 PM
Megatron
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Feedback

Dont forget to leave negative feedback!
Old 06-22-05, 01:52 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Always Ask For Our Opinion Here On Clublexus Before Buying Anything For Your Car Off Of Ebay!!!

Clublexus Knows All!!!
Old 06-22-05, 02:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vinh
Always Ask For Our Opinion Here On Clublexus Before Buying Anything For Your Car Off Of Ebay!!!

Clublexus Knows All!!!

Funny but true man, funny but very true!
Old 06-22-05, 03:33 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about this... Like the others said, file a complaint with Ebay.

and like D said, check out aliga, I got used calipers from him before, he is 100% legit.
Old 06-22-05, 05:42 PM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

im really pissed.. Ebay or Paypal can't do anything about it at this moment because the transaction wasn't done through ebay. What happened was I requested to stop the auction and paid him. Stupid move... They suggested getting help from somewhere else and file a claim. I've never delt with anything like this before and clueless as to what to do next... Do I need to hire a lawyer or something?
Old 06-22-05, 06:17 PM
kyle0k
Rookie

swallow it and dont get anything.a lawyer will cost u moer then the 300 u lost. He did nothing wrong.thats why u have to watch out for those vague discriptions. he never said anything about it being lik enew or anything. thats why u gotta ask alot of questions and go for the people that have alot of good feedback and professional looking sites.
Old 06-22-05, 09:45 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd crap in a zip lock bag, box it up and send it to him.
Old 06-22-05, 09:53 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Woogie
I'd crap in a zip lock bag, box it up and send it to him.
hahahahah.. take Woogie's advice.. he's wise and knows his $H!T.. but on the realz.. becareful next time bro. and yeh. lawyer just gonna cost you more.. give us his address , and maybe one of our CL members can help you out ...
Old 06-22-05, 10:08 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdmotio
im really pissed.. Ebay or Paypal can't do anything about it at this moment because the transaction wasn't done through ebay. What happened was I requested to stop the auction and paid him. Stupid move... They suggested getting help from somewhere else and file a claim. I've never delt with anything like this before and clueless as to what to do next... Do I need to hire a lawyer or something?
Sorry to hear about your experience. If you paid with PayPal or credit card, they should be able to do something. You would be out of luck if you paid him by check, m.o., or cash. Hate to tell you, but no lawyer would care to take a case that involves a few hundred bucks. You'll have to work it out with the seller. The only legal option is to file a claim at the small claim court in his jurisdiction - not a practical solution unless he's nearby. Also it's hard to prove that he sent you the broken kit unless you can lift his fingerprints from the headlight. You can buy fingerprint dusting kit from specialty boutique store or..... eBay.

Some rogue eBay sellers try to "do business on the side" so they can scam people. So never bypass eBay. eBay actually warns people about this practice. I don't shop on eBay a lot, but fortunately all my eBay sellers have been honest and straight forward.

Last edited by HarrierAWD; 06-22-05 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-22-05, 10:12 PM
phisig
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steviej
buyer beware.....Xenon does not mean HID.
Talk to the seller before you leave feedback, try to settle it. Refund, return, etc. Read the guidelines for PayPal disputes closely.

steviej
The add clearly advertises BALLISTS, meaning an HID light source. There are no BALLISTS with regular hallogen headlights. Fight that **** all the way to the bank.

Quick Reply: Got screwed over on Ebay