ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus can't even figure it out. (transmission)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 03:27 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I will. Hopefully tomorrow they will call and let me know something. I miss my car.. I miss my radio and all... Not that I am complaining about having to drive the RX, I am just a car driving kind of girl. Oh well. I just wish I knew exactly what to tell them to check since last time I had a major problem, I looked on here to find out that my a/c problem was NOT the compressor but the wxpansion valve. I told them to check that instead of screwing around with every thing else and to find out, everyone (MOST) was right. That is exactly whay I love this site soooo much!!
Old 07-10-05, 08:25 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jenz. i think next time your car breaks down(let's hope never, sorry didn't wana jinx it).. you shouldn't bring it to the shop right away.. should do a little research and know what you're dealing with first before heading to the stealership.. like asking in this site first and get some info ..
Old 07-10-05, 11:15 PM
LexFather

Wow what a story.
I am not sure what year your Lexus is but I know with the newer models,. the techs just plug in a device in the dash and it gives the tech all the info on what is wrong with the car.
Old 07-11-05, 08:13 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeap. when they did that to mine it gave an "OLD" code. They said i should buy a new car. Damn!
~R
Old 07-11-05, 08:30 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
yeap. when they did that to mine it gave an "OLD" code. They said i should buy a new car. Damn!
~R
WHAT?? is there such a thing as a " OLD " code?? or is that just a figure of speech??
Old 07-11-05, 08:43 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

no, it was sarcasm.
Old 07-11-05, 11:53 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
no, it was sarcasm.
hehe.. it would be funny if there is such a code..
how much would you say it'll cost to get my car scan to see what's up??
do i have to go to a Lexus dealer for that?
Old 07-11-05, 12:12 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

I didn't take it to the shop rigt away. I had prvious posts on here about this problem and what I was told was that it may be the solenoid(s). So that's what was replaced. SInce that didn't work, the other guess was transmission. And that doesn't work. I asked them if maybe it was a sensor but they "said" it wasn't. Don't know still and they have not called back.
Old 07-17-05, 05:54 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Ok. Madder than ever now, I finally recieve a phone call from lexus. They say that the new transmission they put in is tore up too. I asked what seems to be wrong with this one? He said the same that was wrong with the last time, the solenoid is gone. I said that ya'll told me that that was not the case with my other cause ya'll replaced it and that didn't fix it. So yup, I'm pissssssed now. Same thing....HA!.... I need help because I'm about to go crazy!!! I don't know what to do. I just want my car back and fixed honestly.
Old 07-17-05, 06:48 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

I work at lexus. Do this.....
Call Lexus Directly and file a complaint. You would be surprised at what they will do for you. Explain your situation and that you want a refund for all the money you spent and it wasn't even the problem and request someone come out and check your car out. It is obvious that those techs there are not capable of fixing your car....
Old 07-17-05, 07:39 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

yeah i would suggest file that complaint. if you dont receive an immediate response from your dealership....file again.

Also request full refun. even for the silinoid for the inconvenience of all that.

sucks! but get their bosses at corporate involved.

BEST OF LUCK
Old 07-17-05, 07:45 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Sue them...
You'll either win because they're incorrect at troubleshooting then lied to cover it up, or they lied to you to take money from you.

Fraud, or incompetance, and fraud. There are two options.

Don't drive down there in their vehicle anymore. That stays at your house under lock & key.
Old 07-17-05, 08:33 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Yeah I believe that there will have to be some sort of legal action that will take place shortly. I just wish that if they didn't know, tell me that and then I could take it to Lexus of Columbia. Phoenix, maybe this is a stupid question, but why not drive their car? I'm pretty much stranded otherwise. I will call the corp. tomorrow if I have time and file a complaint. They haven't been nasty about anything but I would like answers and honest ones at that.
Old 07-19-05, 04:27 PM
JenzLEX
Driver

Check this load of BS out.. My car was supposed to have been ready today and yesterday. Well they said that I can't pick it up yet because they have to adjust the "throttle body" Why? Does that have ANYTHING to do with my transmission? I thought that had to do with the fuel injection or something like that. I know I'm probably wrong so someone please explain to me what that is. They also said that they put a "new" transmission in. I will find out who thay oredered that from and call them to verify that. They should have ordered it from the place they got my last one from since they said it had all these warranties and such. I will be so glad when all this is through.
Old 07-19-05, 06:20 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

No drive the car, just don't drive it to them.

There is no throttlebody adjustment to be made.

There is the kick-down cable, which if you read the quick guide i did about transmission shifting... It's adjusted by tightening or loosening two bolts that hold a cable. The process takes about twenty seconds.

Quick Reply: Lexus can't even figure it out. (transmission)