ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Over reacting?? Got problem..plz help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 01:00 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

A bad CTS will cause the O/D lock-out, but fluid temperature does not change shifting in an out of lower gears. - Like I said, start with flushing the fluid out.

Sounds to me like it's slipping in first... It doosn't take a few miles of slipping to blow through a clutch.

You need to do something now before dad's buying you a new transmission.
Old 07-27-05, 08:13 PM
Iron Sheik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pheonix
A bad CTS will cause the O/D lock-out, but fluid temperature does not change shifting in an out of lower gears. - Like I said, start with flushing the fluid out.

Sounds to me like it's slipping in first... It doosn't take a few miles of slipping to blow through a clutch.

You need to do something now before dad's buying you a new transmission.

So take the car to a lexus dealer? or can I take it to a place like Canadian Tire or a normal garage?
What is the expected price on such an inspection??
Thanks

Iron Sheik
Old 07-27-05, 09:15 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Sheik
So take the car to a lexus dealer? or can I take it to a place like Canadian Tire or a normal garage?
What is the expected price on such an inspection??
Thanks

Iron Sheik
dud.. i took my car to a local gas station that does a flush tranny for 80bucks.. they use a vacuum type of thingy.. and clean your tranny out. but i heard it does more harm then good.. so up to you bud.. =)...

inspection price at a local shop should be around 60 - 90bucks.. don't know about lexus Stealership

Last edited by 1993ES300x; 07-27-05 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-29-05, 08:53 PM
Iron Sheik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
dud.. i took my car to a local gas station that does a flush tranny for 80bucks.. they use a vacuum type of thingy.. and clean your tranny out. but i heard it does more harm then good.. so up to you bud.. =)...

inspection price at a local shop should be around 60 - 90bucks.. don't know about lexus Stealership

Hmm.... well if people keep saying that tranny flush does MORE harm than good... then I'm not gonna bother with it.... I'll just leave it on the drive way and drive my dad's car!!!!!
Thanks for the info...

Iron Sheik