ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New revised tranny fix for ES, dealer won't recalibrate, can they do that?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 05:19 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New revised tranny fix for ES, dealer won't recalibrate, can they do that?

I made an appointment with the dealer to recalibrate the tranny since the new revised fix came out a in April this year. They had the car all day and when I went to pick it up the a$$hole of a manager said it has been done. I took off, but noticed no difference in the way it was shifitng. I looked at the ppwk I got back and it said they didn't think it shifted bad so they did nothing. I popped the hood, and the only sticker is the one from 2003 when lexus came out with the first fix for it. Can they do that? I didn't ask them to drive it and tell me if they think it shifts fine, when I made an appointemend i told them I want the new revised recalibartion done. I really thought this was a thing they had to do since it is a new fix and I still don't like the way car shifts. Am I being unreasonable for being upset? Anyone that has any input, especially if you had the new recialibartion done, please reply. I had nothing but trouble with our local dealership, it's really making me not want to own another lexus unless I move. I'm about to call them and start demanding this gets done, but I don't wanna look like an a$$ if I'm being unreasonable. thx guys
Old 08-02-05, 06:53 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper5
I made an appointment with the dealer to recalibrate the tranny since the new revised fix came out a in April this year. They had the car all day and when I went to pick it up the a$$hole of a manager said it has been done. I took off, but noticed no difference in the way it was shifitng. I looked at the ppwk I got back and it said they didn't think it shifted bad so they did nothing. I popped the hood, and the only sticker is the one from 2003 when lexus came out with the first fix for it. Can they do that? I didn't ask them to drive it and tell me if they think it shifts fine, when I made an appointemend i told them I want the new revised recalibartion done. I really thought this was a thing they had to do since it is a new fix and I still don't like the way car shifts. Am I being unreasonable for being upset? Anyone that has any input, especially if you had the new recialibartion done, please reply. I had nothing but trouble with our local dealership, it's really making me not want to own another lexus unless I move. I'm about to call them and start demanding this gets done, but I don't wanna look like an a$$ if I'm being unreasonable. thx guys
there has to be a reason y. u cant just tell them to do something with out a reason. tell them its shifting funny. take the tech for a test drive to show him.
Old 08-02-05, 07:36 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

call 1-800-25-LEXUS, speak with a customer service rep. Explain the occurance.
Have them call the dealership. Call the dealership back and speak to their customer service rep. Let them know you are not happy with the service and the way you were treated.

Then go to a different dealership.

steviej
Old 08-02-05, 08:08 PM
sniper5
Rookie

thx for the fats replies guys. koolaid, i already told them i still wasn't happy with the way it shifted. they drove the car and said it shifted to their liking so nothing got done.same repsonse toyota gave all of us at first trying to cover up the problem. it's not a like a rattle they can't reproduce. and the service manager even told me before i left the recalibartion went fine. that's waht pisses me off the most.
'steviej, i thought about your suggestion, i'm just afraid of pissing the dealership off even further...the next nearest dealership is 4hrs, i wish i did have another closer one. stevie, i know you got your revised fix in, can you pop your hood and tell me if they placed a new sticker for the calibration or if you still have the old one in from the first fix? i have mine with a date in 2003, i didn;t know if they just added "r" to your old sticker or actually gave you a new one. thx
Old 08-03-05, 07:45 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i never had the first one done. and no they didn't put the new sticker on.

however, here is PDF file that has all the info of the reflash and what should be on the new sticker.

Print it out, and bring it in. Explain that you are the customer and that you would like this service prerformed regardless of how "they" feel the tranny shifts.

It is a free service.

Have the general manager of the dealership be there when you ask them nicely to do this.

steviej
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TC004-03R.pdf (46.2 KB, 201 views)
Old 08-04-05, 04:29 AM
sniper5
Rookie

thx for the file and info