ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Forced air intake for Es300's!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-01 | 10:35 PM
cialz
Driver

l sport

dude i read that u need toyota parts to make the intake work

man i can get he parts for cost plus 10percent

what is the part number that you need
and ill go get a price

man ever thought of dynoing the thing

hey wats ur email i cant get it from ur profile it says something bout administrator turning it off

cia81@aol.com
Old 07-11-01 | 01:06 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by L_Sport
I think that the air flow sensor is different in 93, I need pics of your engine to make the intake for you, I did make it all my self, I have a little work shop in my garage. I have all the metal saws and drills to make it. I even bought some tools to make it easier on me.

If you are interested in it I will totally fabricate one for you. Yes I do feel better performance, not as much with just the intake itself, but with the whole AC2I cold air system that I designed. It seems a lot quicker and more responsive it also sound freakin awesome!!!!!!!! A nice racy sound that only a performance intake can give you! Don’t bother looking around for them, this is the only cold air setup like this for the ES300 ever, the only one in existence. The only one that is even similar is the EL Prototype one, but it has the filter down in the bumper and it doesn’t get true forced air, but it does get cold air, and its also more susceptible to rain and water. This is the way to go.

Oh yah, your car rocks too! Nice and clean looking, where did you get your clear corners? I did mine myself.

Hmmm, sounds like you've never seen or even tried a REAL cold air intake before. It's easy to talk alot of hype if you don't really know how a true cold air intake system works. Don't talk down another product unless you've seen or tried it yourself. The intake you've made is nothing but a Ractive intake with a tube that pipes down to the bumper. Just because you have piping down to the bumper doesn't make it better than a true cold air intake. I guess theres alot to learn about the dynamics of intake system. This so called Ram air intake is more restriction than a regular ram air intake. Why do you think companies like AEM and such have REAL cold air intakes designed the way they are? Because they work. Plain and simple! Good Luck!
Old 07-11-01 | 12:44 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

You know flipside 909 I was waiting for a post like this from you, I’m surprised you took so long to post about my product. First of all I’m not talking down another product, secondly its not a ractive intake its all fabricated, third of all my first set up was with the cone in the bumper just like every one else, and yes those do work. I never said it didn't. I just didn't like the fact that I had no access to the filter, and also down in the path of air it grabs a lot of dust and gets dirty. With the filter in the engine bay you can disconnect it easily, and with having the open scoop in the bumper, it’s nice because it fits perfectly to the factory opening, in the front left bumper. With the open scoop you gain a little more top end, because the air is being forced into a 4 inch pipe with no restriction then shoved down to a 3-inch and then back up to a 4 inch opening on the sealed cone filter. This creates a rush of air. You may think I don't know anything about intakes but if you read my posts I have had many setups custom made by me and others and this is what we think works best for my car, and I might not know all about every Toyota but I do know my ES300.

"The intake you've made is nothing but a Ractive intake with a tube that pipes down to the bumper. Just because you have piping down to the bumper doesn't make it better than a true cold air intake. "

It kinda disappoints me that you would make this statement. Have you tried my system? Because I have tried identical systems like the AEM and like I said before they are awesome but I tried something different and when you do things different criticisms will fallow, and intakes truly are just a bunch of pipes, you just have to set them up right. Ractive a big company cant even make an intake that fits my 92 I have to send it back now, so send them an E-mail. I almost feel that if my exact set up just happen to be invented by EL prototypes first you might not be as hard on me. If I did at one point talk badly about EL I apologize, I didn't mean to disrespect, I’m just trying to share my experience on intakes, which in your eyes I guess is. "Hmmm, sounds like you've never seen or even tried a REAL cold air intake before. It's easy to talk a lot of hype if you don't really know how a true cold air intake system works. " If any one is interested in the other setup with the piping and cone filter down to the bumper I also have made and still can make those, just like AEM or Iceman, actually its even easier to make those. That was the first setup I made. Well Flipside, I hope every thing is cool? I’ll wait for your next post and I hope you wont try to pick my words apart to make me sound stupid. This is a cool club and we need to be cool with each other.
Old 07-11-01 | 01:01 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

It's an adapter plate for intakes specific to Toyota, I don't know if its available at Toyota, there are many web sites that carry this part or tuning shops. I quickly drew up a simple sketch of the part down below.
Attached Thumbnails Forced air intake for Es300's!-adapter-plate-scetch.jpg  
Old 07-11-01 | 01:19 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally posted by cialz
L sport man how do u do it

you are like the only one i know come up with stuff for the es

i was really thinking bout gettin another car cuz i coudltn get nething for my car

but now with u i think there might be hope

hey where are you located in california

how much for the intake and to clear my head lights?

also does the filter use a K&n
cuz i was thinking of gettin one at carparts.com cuz if u use code ps1 u can get 20 of 50 so it comes out to be like 40 shipped to ur door
what do u suggest?
get the k&n or not
oh yea the company i work for owns a lex dealer and i went over there and the parts guy said to get one cuz it will save on gas mileage too?
is this true

man did u know lsport rims are amazingly expensive even for the dealers

18s go for liek 5gs at cost for them
my email is cia81@aol.com
please give me a quote
also im in Los angeles
The filter is similar to a K&N, but the reason you cant use a K&N filters is that you need the one with the heat shielding over it, this is not removable and it is needed in order to mount the air pipe to it because it has a 4 inches wide mouth with a lip that allows the rubber collars to hook up to it nicely. If you want to go with my more traditional ram air setup like ice man, this would work well, but there is also other brands that rock if you just want to get a cool filter like Weapon R or Tenzo filters but K&N is just as good. For the forced air piping you can use heat shielded Ractive and Matrix filters they have the mounting surface i was talking about.

Look thanks for your support guys! I really appreciate it, I also got tired of finding nothing for my car, so I got together with EUI and AG autoteck and we started working on it, like intakes clearing lights, and soon headers hopefully! I also found a full on cat-back exhaust for our car! For under $400. Know I’m not a “professional” and I don’t have a business license but I do have an ES and I will stop at nothing to customize it.
Old 07-11-01 | 01:36 PM
cialz
Driver

lsport i cant get ur email somehow

but can u figure out the total price

dude who cares bout the business license
aint like u goin to sell millions

this can just be like ebay im sure not many peopel there has the license

how much to clear lights?
Old 07-11-01 | 01:38 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking HAHAHAH

That was the first post by flipside that didn't mention the MFZ... whatever the hell engine we have. He could definitely be a little more kind in his criticism. L=Sport. My e-mail is Ramsee1@aol.com or Ramsee1@optonline.net Let me know what you need to get started on an intake for me... 90 you said? done. I have that ractive still if that would make a good starting point I have no idea. Otherwise I'm just going to sell it on Ebay or something of that nature. Thanks, Ramsee1
Old 07-11-01 | 02:49 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Yes Ramsee actually the ractive would make a good starting point, maybe you can send it to me, and I can modify it to fit your car and add a ram air to it. But the Ractive intake is more likely to fit a 94 and up with no modification, but I think you said you had like a 92 or 93 right? Since it was brought up, I attached sketches of all the different set ups that I offer. #1 Cold air scoop, #2 Cold air, #3 regular intake, like the ractive. The $90 is just for the regular intake with no cold air piping.

Attached Thumbnails Forced air intake for Es300's!-intake-sketches.jpg  
Old 07-11-01 | 03:01 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Yeah my man I'll send you the ractive if it'll cut the cost down. I have a 96. And no I didn't get my strut bar yet! I put the guy out of business though. I left my e-mail for you. Let me know the fundage you need and I'll send out the ractive. Thanks, Ramsee1
Old 07-11-01 | 03:20 PM
MFA
Rookie

know what me and Ramsee are in the same boat here...... i would also like the cold air intake i have the reactive one..... but i have had it in for about 6 months..... and i also tryed to get a strut bar from the same people, but the thing that sucks i payed for my strut bar and i bet i cant get my money back......... and i also have a 96...... so if you would send me more info...... i would be happy:-)
Old 07-11-01 | 04:10 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Totally, we are making progress! I can retrofit any of the Ractive air intakes and it will cut the cost down. Here is what I’m going to do. I am going to post a new thread, keep posting here though for info and questions. But for name and E-mails I will start a new thread, just put down your e-mail and I will contact you, cool? I will start it by putting my info.
Old 07-11-01 | 04:16 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Thumbs up cool

Yeah like I get dibs and whatnat. What's up MFA. Yeah don't feel too bad I am getting the old scroogee on the strut bar as well it seems. Ramsee1@aol.com
Ramsee1@optonlin.net
Old 07-11-01 | 04:26 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

I'm trying to organize a new thread, so it will be a list of people that are going to order or are interested, and I would like every one to post there even if you posted your e-mail here so I can keep tally like a list, also add the year of the car and the intake you want 1,2 or 3 ok sorry if you have to repost there. I just want to stay organized and not get mixed up. So far Ramsee and Alvin are first , so go post, at the top of the list.
Old 07-11-01 | 04:34 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

By the way, I think the easiest one to install may be the Stage 2 or #2 setup...well other the stage three that just clamps on, but #1 is a little more complicated. I don't know think about it I guess. Stage 2 is a little more $ because I use more of the aluminum piping, but if you want I can substitute the materials to make it cost less $.

Old 07-12-01 | 02:21 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Question

Do you have any means of making stats on these setups? I mean unless you were talking double the hp or something for setup to setup, I just assume stick with making the ractive one work properly.