ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2002 ES300 Official Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01, 10:31 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DevildogIS300
It's very easy for anyone to stereo type a young punk kid, based off your Poor Dreamer post and your signature. But judging from your mature response, I'd have to say "welcome to the big boys!". Fact is your probably not a punk, but a future Lexus owner. Kudos to you!

See you on the board!

Old Dude

...Thanks!

Old 07-28-01, 12:16 AM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pict looks like a new Corolla in Japan, especially the rear end.
Old 07-28-01, 12:26 AM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

Here's the link http://www.toyota.co.th/corolla/
Old 07-28-01, 07:20 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can Lexus take a step back in style and performance like this, It looks like the 2002 camary more then ever, it has the same basic look. The 2001 ES looked more different then the camary with the side moldings on the lower parts of the doors with two tone color, and the front bumper looked awesome. Now it looks simpler not as polished and attention to detail like the mean looking front end of the last ES. This looks simpler and like it took less effort to design then the previous ES damnit what’s up. I though progress meant moving forward? All the Lexus's looked mean sporty muscular and sleek before now the style is fat smooth and round with no personality no detail and now *****, they look sluggish week and bulky. No chiseled lines no sleek swift curves just simple round blobs with 4 wheels. I am scared for the GS.
Old 07-28-01, 07:29 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey wantAnewlex, bro you are a Lexus owner you have the two fifty right, that car rocks I’m serious there is nothing wrong with it; it can wear the Lexus badge with respect. My friend in San Diego has a black and silver one super clean with 18inch chrome rims intake exhaust the works slamming system and everything. Don't feel bad you have the 250 as long as you take care of it have pride in it and keep it clean feel proud when you polish out the L on the hood, it paved the road for my 300 don't forget that. Plus that car has a body kit available and ours doesn’t.
Old 07-29-01, 10:32 AM
SmartTrac
Driver School Candidate

Those of you who are looking for more power for the 2002 ES300, forget it. Ain't gonna happen. I drove the car and I also spoke to Lexus brass. Horsepower is 210@5800 rpm, same as before, Torque is 220@4400. 0 to 60 is 8.1 secs.
Pluses are creamy smooth ride, almost as quiet as an LS430, many more options including slick new NAV system, Mark Levinson sound, rain-sense wipers, HID Headlights, Etc.
If you want performance, get an IS300 with a stick. The ES300 is now about luxury. That's why Lexus has 2 cars in the same price range.

I will have a full road test with lots of pictures at www.familycar.com at one minute past midnight August 1
Old 07-30-01, 03:02 AM
forwarddesign
Driver School Candidate

FACT: The 2002 Lexus ES300 NOT having additional hp is a BAD thing.

Lexus doesn't care about performance huh? Then why does their 'crown jewel' LS430 have 290hp and 0-60 in 6.5. Would it kill Lexus to bump up the hp just a little?

Does everyone really think that Infinity and Acura are just a bunch of 'hethens', doing nothing but building monster cars, and tossing in unrefined hp? I think their a little smarter then that, and maybe they understand that hp is important for a number of reasons.

Bottom line is this. Some guy looking to drop around 40k is going to drive the new i-35, the TL (god forbid he drives the s-type), and the 2002 es.

Whats he going to say at the end of the day? All the same price (close), all extremely reliable, all have same features (nav, front wheel drive, v-6, stability control, leather, blah, blah, blah). I know, I'll buy the least powered of the bunch, cause I like spending 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a machine that a Ford Focus can keep up with.

If people want boats, they would make them. They used to, they were called Cadillacs and Lincolns.

We want EVERYTHING. Performance, comfort, reliabity.

When I want to relax, I relax. When I want to embarras the mustang next to me, I embaraas.

There is no excuse for Lexus whimping out on the engine. If pee-on Infinity can pump up the i-35 up to 260 hp, '72 different models' Toyota can bump up the Lexus.

NO, I don't need to go 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. NO, I don't need 300 hp. But for chr*st sakes, the new Ford Explorer has 30 more hp then the new 2002 es.

One last thing, have we heard anyone hear 'praise' the fact that the engine is the same? Is this discussion board filled with people that are overflowing with joy over the current engine? No.

P.S.-The IS300 was built for migits.

Ok, I will step down from my soap box now...
Old 07-30-01, 05:13 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by forwarddesign

Lexus doesn't care about performance huh? Then why does their 'crown jewel' LS430 have 290hp and 0-60 in 6.5. Would it kill Lexus to bump up the hp just a little?

Does everyone really think that Infinity and Acura are just a bunch of 'hethens', doing nothing but building monster cars, and tossing in unrefined hp? I think their a little smarter then that, and maybe they understand that hp is important for a number of reasons.

Bottom line is this. Some guy looking to drop around 40k is going to drive the new i-35, the TL (god forbid he drives the s-type), and the 2002 es.

Whats he going to say at the end of the day? All the same price (close), all extremely reliable, all have same features (nav, front wheel drive, v-6, stability control, leather, blah, blah, blah). I know, I'll buy the least powered of the bunch, cause I like spending 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a machine that a Ford Focus can keep up with.

If people want boats, they would make them. They used to, they were called Cadillacs and Lincolns.

When I want to relax, I relax. When I want to embarras the mustang next to me, I embaraas.

There is no excuse for Lexus whimping out on the engine. If pee-on Infinity can pump up the i-35 up to 260 hp, '72 different models' Toyota can bump up the Lexus.

NO, I don't need to go 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. NO, I don't need 300 hp. But for chr*st sakes, the new Ford Explorer has 30 more hp then the new 2002 es.

One last thing, have we heard anyone hear 'praise' the fact that the engine is the same? Is this discussion board filled with people that are overflowing with joy over the current engine? No.

The only category in which the I35 and TL/Type-S will beat the new ES is 0-60 time, and possibly handling. The ES will wipe the floor with its competitors in all other areas. Also, never never never never EVER compare Lexus leather with Acrua's "seating surface" leather and vinyl backing. Same goes for paint. The quality of the materials in a Lexus surpasses those being used in an Acura or Infiniti...I could go on...
Old 07-30-01, 11:25 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by forwarddesign

The ES wasn't meant to be a performance sedan in the first place. They're created with 5% performance and 95% comfort/luxury in mind. They're not packed with all of the "Performance, comfort, reliabity" goodies. People who wants all of those get something else. It's called GS.

It's just that the I-35, TL, and E300 are all in the entry-level luxury category, and the TL had alittle more performance aspects included. ES300 never meant to compete with TL with the performance numbers. The quality and comfort part ES300 will NOT lose to a TL, whether it's the present models or the upcoming model ES.

I would just say that if you look for performance in the ES why not just get a GS? If you think performance is that important but don't have the budget then get a WRX. At least that's what I would do
Old 07-30-01, 03:16 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

The ES wasn't meant to be a performance sedan in the first place. They're created with 5% performance and 95% comfort/luxury in mind. They're not packed with all of the "Performance, comfort, reliabity" goodies. People who wants all of those get something else. It's called GS.

Exactly whats wrng. lexus should include more performance into the equation. I hate it when people say that. Not being mean but just saying i hate it when someone says that..just a pet peeve.
Old 07-30-01, 03:51 PM
AC's TL/540i
Driver School Candidate

I've waited for pics on the new ES for ever...thanx guys.

I totally approve of what Lexus is gonna be doing with the ES. However, I wish that Lexus would beef up the engine a tad bit.

It appears that Lexus is taking the MB approach. You know how all MB cars are now starting to look more similar to the S Class? The new ES reminds me of the LS and I wouldn't be surprised if the new GS hinted the LS as well.

My props to Lexus on the new ES!
Old 07-30-01, 03:57 PM
GS Doug
Driver

Here's a pic of the actual car. Enjoy!
Old 07-30-01, 04:01 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS Doug
Let me try that again.
Hmmmmmm, not bad for a Mercedes ...
Old 07-30-01, 04:53 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thanks Doug! YOU DA MAN!
-
Adrian
Old 07-30-01, 05:03 PM
AC's TL/540i
Driver School Candidate

Thanx!!

Man, the interior looks sweet. Maybe I'll buy my father one of these instead of a damn Lincoln Town Car.

Quick Reply: 2002 ES300 Official Pics!!!