ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-01 | 11:21 PM
SK performance

So far I have only heard of 1 more ES than is going to be faster than mine ,and that is a mysterious turbo ES since TRD never made the supercharger kit for the 1mz-fe engine .I have a 1994 ES 300 ( Canadian version so I have seat heaters and headlight washers).Well I have made everything myself so some of it is going to be hard to find as I am sure most of you know. I have a full cold air intake,it breathes from right behind the bumper not the engine bay( like the ractive one which funny enough I had R&D it for them and told them it would work so they added it as well as there strut bar ,but it is a piece made for the sake of it not for performance as it breathes unhealthy engine bay air).strut bar as mentioned 1 inch drop eibach pro kit .cat back exhaust 2.5 inch up from stock 2.25. Slotted brembo rotors . 18X7 inch rims truly the only 18's I have seen that do not need anymods to use and they are on 225 ,new grilles and replaced the stock projector foglights with catz msr foglights they look like the 95-96 version instead ,rear clear turn signals. Full Mc Intosh stereo system. A neon tube in the trunk as you would already know if you own a 92-96 ES the lighting for the glove box and trunk are rediculas.plus clifford alram to make sure it stays mine which works in conjunction with the stock so both can be armed.plus i have some snow tires on the stock rims and shaved the emblems plus painted the calipers

Lots of coming soon parts ecu,braided brake lines rebend the exhaust ,tv dvd nav,body kit, rebuild the front grilles with fiberglass,new suspension trying to get tein. True H I D system.
so these are my incoherent ramblings if anyone has questions drop me a thread
Old 07-24-01 | 11:47 PM
lobo
Rookie

Default ES performance

Whats bro welcome to clublexus any pics post them in the gallery My ES is the red and gray one in the gallery check it out I need to post some better pics excuse the quality I didn't adjust my camera right, I have B+G sport suspension 1.6 inch drop coils, 18x8 MKW chrome , 225/40/18 yokohama paradas, my cousin made a forced air induction for my car just like the one you have he is working on making the pipe to replace the ugly black thing behind the air filter I going to be putting an all JL audio system in the coming month or so, exhaust with resonated tips to cut down on the resonace in the cab, I painted parts in the engine bay,red neons in the trunk yellow fog lights in my high beams etc. well talk to later
-lobo-
Old 07-24-01 | 11:48 PM
RacingAristo

I didn't know they have ECU for ES300. Who made it?
Old 07-25-01 | 12:42 PM
alvin
Rookie

IS your PICS IN THE es SECTION?

i'm from Toronto also, Lets talk
Old 07-25-01 | 08:34 PM
nitsuj001

sounds pretty ambitious to me, how did you clear your rear turn signals? Im sure others like myself would like to know.
Old 07-26-01 | 01:05 PM
Stealth21

Question Cold AIr Intake

Will this application fit a 99 camry V6. My borther currently has this car
Old 12-24-02 | 05:44 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Cold AIr Intake

Strange thing is i never got a notice of any updaes to this thread ,reason i haven't replied .sorry
the intake is possible with some changes made( same maf sensor)
jet makes an ecu but is supposedly crap
oh yah i have real HID's and tv plus playstation now
Old 12-25-02 | 07:58 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SK performance
So far I have only heard of 1 more ES than is going to be faster than mine ,and that is a mysterious turbo ES
Dude, you have a cold air intake -- there are plenty of es's that are faster than yours, including any manual driver who advances their timing with race gas, stock.
Old 12-26-02 | 05:08 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcelligott
[B]

Dude, you have a cold air intake -- there are plenty of es's that are faster than yours

You are right there are alot more ES with an intake i posted this origanally when i came back to this forum when i got my car in 97
they where not any parts to be seen for performance .So basically i never sorted through the list to see how far lexus came since.
i feel like an old timer,but when i got my car the only parts available where rims and a couple of keychains
lol
sorry i didn't mean to think my car was superior
at least not anymore
Old 12-26-02 | 07:43 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default Performance ES

Getting the parts has not changed its still impossible, I have found a few also ECU, two strut braces(Ractive one hits the throttle body when U shift to reverse) the Arospeed one clears everything, wheels, tires, Injen short ram intake, that dynoed 6-9Bhp increase depending on the car,............Exhausts I hear peopel are still making Frankenstein intakes, you know the "custom" jobs....the Jet chip ECU I heard is crap also...still yet no proof either neg or pos. Suspention we got about 3 companies doing up to a 1.6" drop, then we got the Rotors and Pads slots,drills, slotted drilled. so its gettin a little better.

The supercharger TRD has got around to but I hope you got a Camry V6 cause if you have the good ol ES3 like us guess what your ECU aint workin with it even though it will bolt right in..........Kills ya doesn't it...I know I'm dyin from it......I got 200 Bhp that TRD would take me to 275
Now that is REAL Performance