ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My new Toys

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 05:24 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

two bit -
It's a 3vz-fe... If you keep piston temperature down nothing stops them from running >/= 450bhp without putting anything new in it minus head gaskets.

that guy -
Understand three things:
1) You're Typing In Caps
2) Toyota OBD-I does not give CEL's for any tuning, nor cares about tuning. It is not effective in it's use of fuel trims, and they, themselves, take $free-20usd worth of basic electrical parts to 100% defeat. I've written on it extensively on several sites.
Yes, Some form of fuel upgrade is needed for anything more than medium N/A power increases.
3) Whoever told you that you needed a stand alone is a complete moron. Never talk to them again. Don't let them touch your car. If they do, shoot them before it blows up, or you waste ludicrous amounts of money doing things you shouldn't.
I'm being serious... Don't let people around your car that don't know anything.

Ya might wanna start doing some research on your own if you are interested in anything.
How stuff works has a few descent basic articles that are OK to start with & google turns up several good things.

papachino - I'm currently selling the turbos on ebay. I've sold a few misc parts & my smt-6 + one of my 550cc fuel injectors to a Camry owner doing a 5s-fte project & rough tuned it for him. Along with my amp/subs & maybe a few other audio bits. I need the money for myself & the girlfriend so that particular project won't see the light of day.

By summer I'm going to just work out a safe, no piggyback 280bhp peak front bank setup just to do it. Make a few video's. Then sell the Lex for an old Miata to turn into a track/sunny day car.

Those are my general future plans as they stand right now.
Old 03-09-06, 05:50 PM
that guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PHEONIX
I do work at a shop so i know a little about how stuff work's i'v take some of your advice and i'm in the middle of putting that intake you suggested on my car and i tuned the mass air flow like you suggested. THANK YOU! but i want a turbo on my car so bad and your now the only guy i know that has done it! i've talked to alot of people about it her in calgary and every body tells me it is too much money!!! and some one told me it's cheeper to put a gs motor in it !!! so intrested in what your doing if you could show me how you did it i would love it i get things at cost and i do all my own work. the lex is getting a japan engine on monday and i need to get some more hours i was going to put nos on it but this turbo thing has got me very intreged
any help would i would be very greatful
new on this site and you seem to know you **** any thing you could do to help me turbo my car i would be greatful
that guy in calgary
Old 03-09-06, 06:41 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

None of the i6's, and v8's are going to fit. Not *almost* fit. Won't fit. So give up that idea right now LoL! (Less you're planning a RWD ES! Hey... Money talks ya know...)
Sean has the first one. I've just had mine done on & off. Talk to me on AIM.
Old 03-10-06, 07:45 AM
that guy
Driver School Candidate

i'll ask you some more questions once i get mine up and running next week
Old 03-10-06, 07:48 AM
Two bit
Pole Position

So with stock internals and stuff you can run whatever boost you want to a certain extent?
Old 03-10-06, 12:19 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Yes. To an extint.
Pressure is irrelevant to power. The psi does have an effect on the effective compression of the engine. I suggest not taking the non-MLS head gasket engines much over a 12:1 peak effective compression ratio.
Boost (pressure) doesn't make power. The mass of the charge does. One turbo might make 50bhp @ 25psi, while another might make 600 @ 7psi.

AFA power. All of the v6 thus far have been overbuilt. Some, more than others. The major factor in all of them is tuning. Because none of them have extremely strong pistons installed from the factory. Like I said. *If* you keep piston temperature down you can run a boatload more power than stock on all the engines.

It's a question of:
1) Tuning
2) Not flat out exceeding what they parts can do, nor getting out of the general operational ranges they were designed for
3) Tuning
Old 03-10-06, 04:35 PM
papachino
Pole Position

I would like to make an Es rwd. I need shop and resources to do it. I hope to on eday have a shop to do custom projects (not saying what kind because I want to be the first & only )
Old 03-10-06, 08:27 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Plan on $10-15,000 for that.
Old 03-11-06, 03:07 PM
papachino
Pole Position

It still will be neat. How closely related is the Toyota Chaser to a Windom/ES300?

and come on $10,000 for a rear-wheel drive ES, it would be worth it
Old 03-11-06, 03:49 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Tho they look very similar to the Windom / Camry platform on the outside. The Chaser is the Ma II platform. Mark II / Chaser / Cresta. There is 0 relation to the Mark II & the Camry platform.
It's been talked about before... You need to cut out the rear wheel wells, install some type of new rear suspension, cut out the firewall, cut out the frame rails.

That's just getting into it. Then you're dealing with a relatively small engine bay. The closest thing would be cut everything listed out & try to install the v6 awd drivetrain/suspension out of a highlander.

Give up now.

There is nothing wrong with fwd. One you equip most modern lame FWD/AWD cars with the *equivilant* performance suspension components that most performance RWD cars enjoy. They're fairly equal. They're superior in a straight line until you're tossing around enough horsepower to actually shift weight backwards - which a very high amount of power.
Old 03-11-06, 08:48 PM
papachino
Pole Position

well I just ran into a problem with my fwd v6, my tranny went

for the second time