ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

92-96 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05, 01:59 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 92-96 coilovers

who makes coilovers, or what coilovers will fit the 92-96 es300? did a search and found mainly 97-01 info...
Old 12-19-05, 03:03 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

KSport makes them for the 92-96 models

http://www.ksportusa.com/products/us...lications.html
Old 12-19-05, 03:41 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GATO
KSport makes them for the 92-96 models

http://www.ksportusa.com/products/us...lications.html
thanks GATO, im taking it that camry and es suspension is interchangeable, as i suspected... and by the way, your car is what inspired me to seek out an es as a daily driver, in additon to my sc project!!!
Old 12-19-05, 05:33 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

All Camry platform parts are interchangeable. Most import cars with the same basic suspension geometry will swap with minor modification (Grinding/cutting). Things from like Saturn/GM stuff will. Honda/Nissan/Mazda stuff would probably swap with modification.

There are not many makers of real coilovers. d2 are the eldest & the best
There have been lots of d2 group-buys on Toyota Nation.

There have been threads regarding coilovers on this forum in the last few weeks. Read them.
Old 11-24-06, 04:28 AM
blackbob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this should be stickied
Old 11-24-06, 11:54 AM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pheonix

There are not many makers of real coilovers. d2 are the eldest & the best
There have been lots of d2 group-buys on Toyota Nation.
I must disagree, they are not the best. They are close to crap, it's hit or miss but since we don't drive Honda’s it's probably the closets we have to quality coilovers. K sports are rebadge d2 coilovers. So far I have not heard of anything bad from k sport. If you do get d2's make sure you get it from an authorized dealer for complete warranty and satisfaction. GL
Old 11-24-06, 01:43 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Tho I interject greatly that where 2-3 ES owners here have disliked them. They've never had a detractor I know about in the Camry/Solara communities. Which have infinately more users about.

if you've got an old set, I'd love to have them lmao!

Don't get the wrong impression from me always saying that on the lexus forums... I wouldn't say it, if it wasn't the truth.

Last edited by Pheonix; 11-24-06 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-24-06, 05:06 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

i was close to getting a set of ksport for my 93. Paid on 8-27-06. After 12 and a half weeks of hard dealing with a company that went out of a business and individuals responsible for it, i finally got my refund on 11-22-06. What a royal pain in the ***!

Now i think instead of getting coilovers, i might just build a carputer with the money i got back!
Old 11-24-06, 10:25 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the ksports for my 97, i think they are ok, def not the best.
and my brother has the ksports for his 93 es, same for camry. and had to slightly bore out the strut mounting holes on his car. and one other person had to do this as well on toyotanation.com for his 92-? camry.
goodluck.
check out elementmotorsports.com i believe. they sell em. thats where my brother and i got em from.
Charley
Old 11-24-06, 10:55 PM
blackbob
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone actually do roadcourse on these coilovers ?
Old 11-25-06, 02:03 AM
FwC
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

240sx is my brother and I don't have experience with other coilovers, but I'd say these k-sports were worth the cost... circa $1k. Like he said, I had to slightly bore out my mounting holes for the fronts but the rears were a perfect fit. I don't have roadcourse experience with these but when it comes to driving with factory struts that were already 13 years old and these, you can definetly notice the increased response handling (and of course the bumpiness in the ride). Maniax, I say you backtrack and reinvest in these coilovers just to see how you personally like them. Because even if you don't, you can always resell them. BTW how much did you pay and get back from that company?

FwC's final thought: these coilovers make for a very fun ride... once you get them set the way you like
Old 11-25-06, 08:59 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

it would've been a great deal but unfortunately it didnt go through. i paid $830.

One of the biggest reason why i have second thoughts about ordering the coilovers is because i live in NYC where the potholes are everywhere. Dont know if u've been to nyc but the roads here are unbearable. I have 17" is rims on my es and everytime i hit a pothole i feel like the car is going to fall apart. This car is my daily driver so i cannot see myself dodging potholes every couple of feet. It would make driving real tedious. Although theres quite a bit of dropped cars in nyc, i think it's just not worth the trouble.

Right now i have a bunch of SuperPro polyurethane bushings for my ES so i'm thinking about just installing that and put a RSB on and call it a day.

just the other day some ***** put a cinder on a pothole in the middle of a street in manhattan, my dumbass was too lazy to move it and thought my car was able to clear it. Once i got on top of it all i heard was scraping noises under the car, i had to back off and move the cinder block out of the way. You have no idea how pissed i was. I thought i punctured the oil pan or something. Luckily, all i found was powder dust from the cinder block on my subframe rail when i looked under the car. There's so many idiots in nyc i tell you.
Old 11-25-06, 10:37 AM
FwC
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I've got a few friends from NY and Boston, and they tell me the horror stories of the weather-worn streets. And when it comes to the idiots in the city... In one of the most populated cities in the entire US, you don't need to tell me, "there's so many idiots in nyc"... Just reassure me that I assume correctly sometimes
I would say airbags on your ride, but it sounds like you've got a plan for your ES. P.S. $830 would've been an outstanding price, we paid about that with a dual-purchase... in fact, i think we may have paid about $9hundred something