ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

neeed help ASAP!! pls. pls.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 12:54 AM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow neeed help ASAP!! pls. pls.

ok i got a few question for all of u es300 owners.. im in the market for a remote start alarm w/ lcd pager.. i already know what i want... but the problem im havng are:

1. i only have one (1) master/remote key
2. would a valet key would wrk to use to bypass the chip?? (to go cheaper instead of buyng a master key)
3. if number 2 dnt wrk.. whats the best way to do or go to by pass the chip??!?!?
4. or/and where can i get a bypass besides getttng a replacement key?!
5. ive already said i know what i want as far as the alarm goes.. but what do u guys prefer?! (what brand and price?)

the alarm im lookng to get: viper, clifford or blck widow.....

thanks in advance again my fellow CL members!!
Old 12-29-05, 11:06 AM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stacked14
ok i got a few question for all of u es300 owners.. im in the market for a remote start alarm w/ lcd pager.. i already know what i want... but the problem im havng are:

2. would a valet key would wrk to use to bypass the chip?? (to go cheaper instead of buyng a master key)
3. if number 2 dnt wrk.. whats the best way to do or go to by pass the chip??!?!?
5. ive already said i know what i want as far as the alarm goes.. but what do u guys prefer?! (what brand and price?)

BUMP
Old 12-29-05, 01:26 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I just purchased the Viper 791vx that will eliminate all of your concerns. The number of keys you have will not matter. The alarm has a specialized mode just for valet purposes(uses a push button switch that will be hidden). The alarm was $190 but it costs $300 to install it because our keys MUST be used to disable our ignition security system. Its only really expensive when you start talking remote start. Lemme know
Old 12-29-05, 02:33 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexbox
I just purchased the Viper 791vx that will eliminate all of your concerns. The number of keys you have will not matter. The alarm has a specialized mode just for valet purposes(uses a push button switch that will be hidden). The alarm was $190 but it costs $300 to install it because our keys MUST be used to disable our ignition security system. Its only really expensive when you start talking remote start. Lemme know

$300 to install? lmao

i have the viper 791xv with remote start on my es300 ($250 for alarm including install).. the 2000+ have the chip i believe.. if your key is separate from the stock alarm fob then youre golden.. no need for an extra key to disable the chip.. in most cases the valet key would be used to do this
Old 12-29-05, 03:42 PM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the help guys.. but i only have ONE master key.. no valet key or spare key.. how can i bypass the chip... yes iam looking at that same alarm you both have.. and yes i want a remote start lcd pager alarm... but my real big concern is HOW CAN I BYPASS THE CHIP? without gettng another key.. is this possible?!? i saw some online for a bypass module.. but i really dnt wanna take a chance on buying that and not wrk... would a valet key wrk on this to bypass it since its 1. cheaper than getting a master key with remote 2. i dnt have to get it cut since they will jst use it to bypass.. ........
Old 12-29-05, 08:05 PM
ari07
Rookie

I could help you, but I'm not real clear on what you're talking about. I have the 791XV transponder also, but I paid 200 and 300 for the installation for it (Chicago but i paid for the remote start and trunk release extras) Why would you want to try to bypass the chip. A bypass module is used to remotely start your vehicle without disabling the factory anti theft system. If that's what you want, the 791XV can start your car and arm itself at the same time also. Why would you need another key???
Old 12-29-05, 09:17 PM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ari07
I could help you, but I'm not real clear on what you're talking about. I have the 791XV transponder also, but I paid 200 and 300 for the installation for it (Chicago but i paid for the remote start and trunk release extras) Why would you want to try to bypass the chip. A bypass module is used to remotely start your vehicle without disabling the factory anti theft system. If that's what you want, the 791XV can start your car and arm itself at the same time also. Why would you need another key???
well this place i was told to get it at is a deal... $280$ installd and i get to choose between the viper or clifford which i know they are both the same.. the only catch is.. i have to drive it to houston tx and im from austin tx which is only 2.5-3 hrs far.... and they have told me that im gonna need a bypass module or another key with a chip in it (like the master key) so it would bypass the chip to start it... im not really very familiar with this whole alarm thing.. so i guess im jst listening to what they are saying... but i will try to contact them again and ask why do i need to bypass it? or does the alarm can jst remote start it without a bypass?.. but pls dnt stop helpng!!
Old 12-30-05, 05:31 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

well this place i was told to get it at is a deal... $280$ installd and i get to choose between the viper or clifford which i know they are both the same.. the only catch is.. i have to drive it to houston tx and im from austin tx which is only 2.5-3 hrs far.... and they have told me that im gonna need a bypass module or another key with a chip in it (like the master key) so it would bypass the chip to start it... im not really very familiar with this whole alarm thing.. so i guess im jst listening to what they are saying... but i will try to contact them again and ask why do i need to bypass it? or does the alarm can jst remote start it without a bypass?.. but pls dnt stop helpng!!

im in houston, where are you getting it done at?
Old 12-30-05, 07:02 PM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HoeBag
im in houston, where are you getting it done at?
stereo FX is the name i think.. i saw it in hi.com and my friend has an is300 and got it done there..
Old 12-30-05, 10:03 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

stereo FX is the name i think.. i saw it in hi.com and my friend has an is300 and got it done there..

rofl im getting my screen and alarm swapped from my es300 to my sc300.. maybe ill see you there
Old 12-31-05, 07:46 PM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HoeBag
rofl im getting my screen and alarm swapped from my es300 to my sc300.. maybe ill see you there
ill prolly be there jan 14..! get my alarm
Old 01-05-06, 02:45 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

just get the bypass module.
Old 01-07-06, 01:15 AM
stacked14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Din
just get the bypass module.
all good im getting a valet key... 80$ cut and programmed!!