ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Mercury/Lexus PartII

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-01, 12:20 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The initial thread got a little out of hand and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for acting so childish over an opinion. Consider this a peace offering.
Here's my humble opinion on the new ES styling:

ES300 Exterior

Last edited by hoops_24; 08-11-01 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-11-01, 02:51 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by hoops_24
The initial thread got a little out of hand and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for acting so childish over an opinion. Consider this a peace offering.
Here's my humble opinion on the 2001 ES styling:

ES300 Exterior
I agree (that it got out of hand, not about the styling). By the way, how do you like the 2002 ES styling?
Old 08-12-01, 07:50 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Hoops,

Good one bro! Now why dont you do check out this mug of me.

Peace.

Erfan
Attached Thumbnails Mercury/Lexus PartII-random_0010.jpg  
Old 08-12-01, 08:41 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Erfan- Were you on star trek man. You are a scary looking dude :-)

mrb- Get your panties out of a bunch man! That was a total joke. Don't take this stuff so serious.

As far as the genital area: I'm a 6'4" black male with a size 14 shoe. I also have extremely large hands. (11 inches from finger tip to wrist) I don't brag about my "partner" but I think you can read between the lines :-)
BTW, how much are those pimp daddy washers on ebay, they would go real good on my SC. .

Can that be the last word....I gotta have it!
Old 08-12-01, 09:54 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default Seeeeeeee

stuff like this is degenrating our wonderful ClubLexus
Old 08-12-01, 11:23 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Arrow

Efran I see you are in Dallas. Is your ES posted in the gallery? I've seen an ES or two in Dallas that are pretty tight.

Hoops that interior pic is not quite what I'll take in my car. Unless it is the Tamia version... Then she'll be a "Stranger in my car"..... By the way are you thinking about the 2002 styling, the 2001 is the current 97-01 stlye???

As with the other BS.....

Silence says it all...

The Ikon
Old 08-12-01, 11:32 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Who's tight *** "Cherry" ES3 with the custom wheels and SUPER clean engine bay??? What year is your ride... Now that's an ES3 that looks great...

Are those 18" or 19" on the ride?

The Ikon
Old 08-13-01, 10:02 AM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

I have a 1995 ES300 and it has 93000 miles on it and runs and looks excellent.

Hoops i appreciate the props man

Thanks

Erfan
Attached Thumbnails Mercury/Lexus PartII-lexus_0015.jpg  
Old 08-13-01, 10:22 AM
Skinny
Driver

The 2002 ES300 is tight! Inside & out.

People need to stop causing problems. Lexus owners are supposed to be civilized.
Old 08-13-01, 11:52 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Question every one has his or her own opinion.... don't they???

The 2002 ES300 is tight! Inside & out.
That's your opinion not mine and others... That does not make it right or ours wrong. "I think the 92 - 96 is the best ES3 design" am I right or wrong? It really does not matter.
Lexus owners are supposed to be civilized
I agree totally. All people should. However, some people think every one should think like them... And not have a voice... As for people causing problems, the problem started at "home"...

It's all about an opinion of a car 2002. That Hoops and others(including myself) think is an awful design(exterior). Let's leave it at that.... opinion... only! Does it really matter?

Eefran your car IS CLEAN! How about the "cherry" ES3? Anybody, somebody, has to be the owner or responsible for the pics in the gallery.

The Ikon
Old 08-13-01, 12:29 PM
Skinny
Driver

The 2002 ES300 is still tight. When you see it in person, believe me, you'll completely change your mind.
Old 08-13-01, 02:49 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

I haven't seen the new design in person yet, but I doubt the design will grow on me. The headlights and wraparound tail lamps just don't scream luxury to me.
I also think that taking styling cues from the Celica (Headlights) is a BIG mistake. If I buy a luxury automobile I want the design to be all my own. This is the same mistake that american automakers make. They use cues from different divisions which degenerates the style.

Now the interior is simply gorgeous. Lexus makes the finest interior bar none!! And that includes Jaguar, Mercedes, and Rolls Royce. The only single vehicle with a nicer interior is the Mercedes S500. There is no match for that car. But as an entire line, Lexus gets the award.

FRANCIS- Why do you keep viewing threads that are supposedly ruining the forum? You love to read the posts just like mrb and everyone else. I am determined to inject some humor and opinions to this site which judging by the number of hits on my threads seems to be fine with alot of folks. If you want a boring stodgy forum you will have to wait until I'm six feet under....sorry.

Old 08-13-01, 02:57 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Default I've got to say something....

Originally posted by mrb
Hoops,

It has been said that people like you that intentionally stir up problems, and must always have the last word, are lacking in the genital area- if you know what I mean. Napoleon suffered from this. It's called "Little Man Syndrome". We've all had enough of your shallow comments, and poor attempts at proving a point. Don't you have anything better to do, like place the winning bid on ebay for some of those cheezy looking blue LED window washer's for your pimped out SC? Go ahead and respond to my thread. You'll prove my point to everybody in the ES forum...
I'm sorry, but from my observation on this and the other thread it looks to me like YOU are the one trying to stir up trouble. Hoops was just trying to express his opinion on the ES 300 which he is TOTALLY ENTITLED TO, and just because you don't agree with it does not give you the right to jump his throat !
Old 08-13-01, 03:11 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Default YEEEEEEEEEAH!!

FINALLY someone other than my boy IKON recognizes that mrb is the guy continuously getting personal on these posts. The initial post of this thread was totally in humor and once again he gets personal with me.

He is doing it just to illicit a response because he enjoys the back and forth without wanting to admit it. Hey, I love the back and forth and I'm not too chicken to admit it.

Lots of love VICPAI!
Old 08-14-01, 09:26 AM
joegolf
Rookie

Talking

I didn't respond to any of the thread that had been closed, but read with some enjoyment. After reading many posts from both hoops_24 and mrb, it becomes obvious that mrb has become needlessly personal with his attacks. Guess that is his way of debating. I usually can't tell by a picture if I like a car or not, so I'll stay out of the ugly versus beautiful. I will say though, that it is a legitimate post to say it is ugly, just as it is legitimate to say it is beautiful. mrb should print out the thread and let a buddy read without knowing who is who. I think he would find that he would gain no supporting opinions there. Of course the buddy would have to be one that didn't know what kind of car he drove (out of state buddy?)

Well, that's my two cents, and even though I didn't try to get personal on the negative side, I have this feeling....

Quick Reply: Mercury/Lexus PartII