ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My Strut Bar Is On!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-01, 09:35 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

For all of you that have followed the saga of my strut bar... It's finally on! From winning an auction online, not getting my part, calling the Canadian police, getting my money back, winning another strut bar, to obtaining a torque wrench, I did it. And most definitely I can feel the difference. Handling is considerably more responsive. If you don't have one, get one. Ramsee1
Old 08-27-01, 09:35 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Talking

Most definitely... Will have pictures soon.
Old 08-28-01, 12:03 PM
Brando
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I took your advice Ramsee and got one yesterday off of Ebay. I think it is the same one you got, its from Autobacs. I stole it for $41.00. I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-01, 01:11 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Hey Brando. That's cool. I will try to post pics this week. Make sure the bar is offset to the front when you mount it. In other words the bolt pattern prevents the bar from sitting in the center of the end rings. So the bar won't clear the engine and vacuum hoses if you don't face it the right way. I believe the bar should be tightened to around 45 foot pounds. Good luck. Ramsee1
Old 08-28-01, 02:21 PM
Brando
Driver

Ramsee,

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering what the torque specs were. Now I know. Have you noticed it rubbing at all? I have heard that has been a problem with some bars. Hopefully that wont be a problem. I just can't wait any longer. Its only been a day. How long did it take to get your's?
Old 08-28-01, 02:59 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

I'm sure it depends where you live, but inside of a week from when you pay. I notice a little bit of friction when I am in reverse. I've heard the engine sits differently when in reverse and that's what causes it. But I haven't heard any other problems that arise from that.
Old 08-31-01, 08:46 AM
Brando
Driver

Ramsee,

Man they ship quick. I just got it yesterday. It took them two days. I will be installing it either today or this weekend. It looks like it is well made to me. I can't wait to feel the difference in cornering when I get it on. I will post pics for those interested.
Old 09-08-01, 09:34 AM
Brando
Driver

Cool Strut bar pics

Hey Ramsee,

I posted a couple of pics of my strut bar in the Es gallery. Man I love this thing. It makes it handle soooo much better.
Old 09-08-01, 09:42 AM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Good deal. Now I don't have to post mine! wheeeeeew. If you have an ES... get a strut bar!
Old 09-20-01, 10:45 PM
cialz
Driver

i got my bar too

to fix the rubbing problem in reverse u can turn the bar a little to the front and it will clear when the engine rises a little

i think i hear mine hittin the engine in when i go over dips hard

but dang it sure handles great now... i can take some turns alot harder than before and im sure its not just in my head.

i say if u want better handling in turn go get the bar.. easy install too
Old 09-21-01, 01:30 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Thumbs up

man these things should come factory installed they're so good...
Old 09-28-01, 02:16 PM
MyLexRokZ
Driver School Candidate

IM SO GLAD EVERYBODY IS SO HAPPY HUNKY DORY WITH THERE STRUT BAR. I GOT MINE THE OTHER DAY AND IT RUBS ON THE EGR VALVE AND THE TOP OF THAT THING IS PLASTIC. ANOTHER QUESTION IS YOUR STRUT BARS SQUARE OR ROUND AS IN THE EBAY AUCTION? THE ONE IN THE AUCTION IS ROUND BUT MINE IS SQUARE. THE AUCTION SAID ACTUAL PICTURE SHOWN. HELLLLLLLLLP? PLEASE SEND PICTURES OF YOUR STRUT BAR TO ME @PARTS4YOU78@AOL.COM. MAYBE THIS ONE IS FOR A FOUR CYLINDER CAMRY?
Old 09-28-01, 02:42 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Exclamation

Sorry to hear that man. A few things though: The mounts are round. The bolt pattern is offset (make sure the bar is offset to the front of the engine giving you more clearance and keeping the bar away from your vacuum hoses). When I am in reverse I can feel the bar vibrate against the valve cover, but everyone else I know has reported the same. And yes, I would make sure it is for a 6 cylinder. It's also important to note these really are for the Camry, even if advertised for the ES. Whenever the gallery is up and running, there are pics there that should clear things up.
Old 09-28-01, 02:57 PM
MyLexRokZ
Driver School Candidate

SO YOUR SAYING THAT YOUR STRUT BAR IS ROUND INBETWEEN THE MOUNTS? SEND ME SOME PICTURES THE FORUM IS BROKEN.
Old 09-28-01, 07:41 PM
ramsee1
Pole Position

Exclamation

I don't have anything of my car. Brando posted some. The bar itself is rounded and the mounts that attach to your strut bar are rounded. O------O that's what is looks like from the top.

Quick Reply: My Strut Bar Is On!