ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My car was stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 02:30 PM
MIG_Foxbat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your insurance should and will give you what the current book value is for your car, so it depends on the car. Unforunalty in my case, the car was revcovered, and reparied.. But it didn't feel like the same car that it once was.
Old 05-10-06, 02:56 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

man this is shocking and totally sucks

i hope they catch those criminals and put them behind the bars
(probably only gonna get probation and stuff...)

if the car isnt found, i hope u can get a good deal from the insurance company
good luck
Old 05-10-06, 04:34 PM
2001ES300
Driver

funny thing is...its been a week and a half and both the police and my school hasnt even contacted us for any reason at all...i think at this point....its time to start looking for another car...as much as i hate to say it.....most likely another lexus so ill be staying with you guys ....thanks for all your support so far!!!
Old 05-10-06, 07:58 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001ES300
funny thing is...its been a week and a half and both the police and my school hasnt even contacted us for any reason at all...i think at this point....its time to start looking for another car...as much as i hate to say it.....most likely another lexus so ill be staying with you guys ....thanks for all your support so far!!!
Well if you have to get a new car it had BETTER be another Lexus after the emotional trauma you put us all through (j/k)
Old 05-10-06, 08:33 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbladelaw
Let me guess...your mommy and daddy bought it for you?
Man!!!! I have heard some harsh comments before, but to post a coment like this, especially when a fellow CL member is sharing his misfortune with all of us,,,NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! People like this really don't need to be a part of this association.

2001ES. I'm very sorry to read about your lost. I am a member of the LS forum however I caught your tale while I was browsing around. Good Luck with the seasrch for your car and even if you don't get it back, congrads (in advance) for the new one. All I can say is I only WISH that I had a Lexus in High School.
Old 05-11-06, 08:56 AM
2001ES300
Driver

OK Guys.......Here it is.... May 11, 2006....My car was found by the police!!!!! . We got a call at 730AM from the police telling us that they found my car in the home depot parking lot in bridgeport!! Wow, I cannot believe this....My dad went to go see the condition of the car this morning, and found that there are no dents or scratches on it...wow a miracle!!!! The only thing that is wrong with it is that it has a dead battery...also my other set of keys were in the car because they had the electric car starter with them...so the towing company is taking the lexus down to a lexus dealership nearby...I'll keep you updated with when it will arrive home! Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-06, 09:09 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats on the find.....
Old 05-11-06, 09:18 AM
kdogg
Rookie

NICE
Old 05-11-06, 09:31 AM
skiptomylo
Driver

I say you should have staked them out to find out who they were.
Old 05-11-06, 12:27 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

congrads on the find. Very lucky to have returned with no damage.
Old 05-11-06, 12:30 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

OK Guys.......Here it is.... May 11, 2006....My car was found by the police!!!!! . We got a call at 730AM from the police telling us that they found my car in the home depot parking lot in bridgeport!! Wow, I cannot believe this....My dad went to go see the condition of the car this morning, and found that there are no dents or scratches on it...wow a miracle!!!! The only thing that is wrong with it is that it has a dead battery...also my other set of keys were in the car because they had the electric car starter with them...so the towing company is taking the lexus down to a lexus dealership nearby...I'll keep you updated with when it will arrive home! Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!
Wow, that is indeed a miracle. God was definitely on your side. Moreover, you do not have to deal with the hassle of your insurance covering the expense of your car (although it may be just as nice to get a new car)

At any rate, congrats on getting it back!
Old 05-11-06, 01:05 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

congrats

how many miles were put on?

have they caught those badass yet?
Old 05-11-06, 07:37 PM
badgis
Driver School Candidate

Default Congrats

Glad to see you got the car back. I hope they did not do to much damage. Good luck with the repairs and i hope the car checks out OK.

Scott
Old 05-12-06, 04:22 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All's well that ends well !

You must have horse shoes up your as- (oops) tail pipe !
Old 05-12-06, 09:07 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

That is great to hear. I had been meaning to check back on this thread and this is the best news I could have come back to. Did they gut the stereo or were they just joyriding?

Quick Reply: My car was stolen!