ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Accident - parts cheap - where?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06 | 04:24 PM
Wassa786
Driver

Exclamation Accident - parts cheap - where?

I'll begin by stating the obvious, my car got into a wreck.....by not me, but my brother! I was so pissed! Anyhow, Accidents are bound to happen. No one was hurt, and no one got a citation.

Alright, so I need some help on getting factory parts for cheap =/
I've got some links below to see the damage, not major, but not minor either =/

No engine damage!
but everything is probably going to cost me 1-2k easily.

Insurance does cover it, but if I claim, won't it go up?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

grr....I was going to get a IS350 too...so much for that =(

*edit*
p.s. I live in houston,texas, so if anyone is near by, please let me know =) thanks
Old 05-04-06 | 09:15 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Accidents are no fun but like you said, it's bound to happen to almost everyone of us. Sorry to see it happen on yours (especially with a nice color, Blue Onyx)

This is a tough situation to make a claim to your insurance since A) there is no written citation and B) the front-end damage clearly indicates the fault of the driver, which happens to be your brother (and it's understandable why you're hesitant to go ahead with the claim). Also if you do happen to go with the claim, you'll most likely see your rates go up, perhaps to an extent that you may get the boot from your insurance carrier. That happened to me before after an accident in 2001 and when I had Prudential at that time, so just beware of that. Best of luck.
Old 05-04-06 | 09:45 PM
Wassa786
Driver

Thanks man.

Well okay, this is how the accident occurred, to my understanding atleast. I even visited the site of the incident.

Basically, my brother was waiting to make a left, and there is a signal light for those whom wish to make a left, but it was broken, but the lights next to that signal were working, for those whom wish to go straight ahead and not make a left turn. so once the light turned green, his signal light didn't show up any indication of it working (you know how some signals just have one bulb out or something)
so he looked around and didn't see anyone approaching at a fast speed, except this one guy, who looked like he was slowing down.

Whenever a left turn signal is green, the opposing traffic's signal is red, and thats exactly what he thought =/ unfortunately, he made an incorrect assumption that the guy was going to stop, and the other guy made the same assumption, or probably didn't realize that the signal was not working.

Either way, it seems to be the city's fault for not fixing the signal, so maybe I can sue the city?
Old 05-05-06 | 10:40 PM
Wassa786
Driver

Arrow

yea, so does anyone know where I can get parts from? oem - cheap? or should i get aftermarket?
thanks in advanced.
Old 05-13-06 | 04:49 PM
stevies30
Driver

You're going to have better luck finding replacement parts than you are in suing the city. Cities aren't held liable for things such as burned out traffic lights, etc. The best I can tell you is to contact every salvage yard you can find to try to get your parts. OEM parts would obviously be the way to go but you can't always get what you want. Good luck with your search though.