ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Bosal Exhausts - Front pipe and Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-06, 06:34 AM
Spyder187
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosal Exhausts - Front pipe and Muffler

Hey all,

I'm back and really want the smoothness of the car back. I've lived with the frontpipe that has no flex pipe and the car is now sounding so raspy.

I'm made my decision, I can either go OEM and get the front pipe and muffler installed for about $880 Canadian after taxes.

I have found this website on the internet selling the Bosal "equivalents".

Front
http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com...be9969320b0e66

Rear muffler
http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com...be9969320b0e66

I'm not sure whether those are the correct parts, but I'll be replacing the front Y pipe first to get rid of the vibrations/sound. The muffler will eventually have to be replaced too.

The Bosal parts would cost me $417.08 Canadian and then I'd have to pay for gaskets and work which would maybe end up being $550 (?). I'd possibly save $330, but I'd want to know I got good components.

Another option would be to cross the border and get parts from Park Place Lexus and that would probably be about $650 - 675 Canadian for OEM parts, I would save about $200-225 Canadian.

Any advice would be much appreciated. btw, can this car fit 19's? I'm thinking of possibly putting 18's on the car.

Last edited by Spyder187; 06-09-06 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 08:34 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I hate bosal, b/c it's just a copy of the stock, but I would buy a cheap bosal before I would touch the OEM pipe. OEM is rediculously expencive for no reason. awwwww man, just get on ebay & buy you a flex section & pay an exhaust shop $40 to weld it in! Or give the guy a case of beer.

Or for 880 canadian u could fly me there, I can build you a full exhaust! I've always wanted 2 visit America's tophat.
Old 06-09-06, 11:13 AM
Spyder187
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pheonix
I hate bosal, b/c it's just a copy of the stock, but I would buy a cheap bosal before I would touch the OEM pipe. OEM is rediculously expencive for no reason. awwwww man, just get on ebay & buy you a flex section & pay an exhaust shop $40 to weld it in! Or give the guy a case of beer.

Or for 880 canadian u could fly me there, I can build you a full exhaust! I've always wanted 2 visit America's tophat.
Hey Pheonix, thanks for the response.

The pipe I have in there right now is aluminum I think and wasn't mendrel bent. Honestly, I think I wasted my cash on it.

Is the bosal front pipe basically identical to the OEM front pipe? I haven't been able to search up too much on bosal.

As for the muffler, what are some good mufflers for the V6 engine? Not loud but maybe a low rumble during acceleration (make it sound like a smooth V8 )

I see a flex pipe on ebay for about $24 Canadian sold within Canada. With shipping, and possibly taxes, it should be like $40-45 Canadian:

Aluminized Necks - 2 1/2" Inside Diameter Length of Stainless Steel Flex - 6" Overall Length - 10"

I really don't know whether I want to continue to sink my money into this front pipe.
Sorry didn't think we were allowed to post ebay links. Here's a link to the flex pipe:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Exhaust-2-5-x-6-I...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Spyder187; 06-09-06 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 01:49 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

u can post what u want. you're not selling stuff. I doubt it's aluminum. It may be aluminized mild steel. That's what the stock pipe is. No big deal.
Got a picture of the thing? I'd like 2 see it.

There are a ton of good mufflers around. To me the biggest thing is keeping a resonator of some kind on there. It will keep the engine from getting annoying when cruising, and god-aweful raspy.

<- Borla freak
GReddy SP2 sounds awesome - but more than almost anything (other than maybe a Borla pro XS - MUST have a resonator)
Bosal muffler (steffi's)
Magnaflows sound good
Apexi N1's sound way better on the v6's than the i4 honda's you normally hear them on
Cannon (Terrastrife)

Last edited by Pheonix; 06-09-06 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 01:44 AM
Spyder187
Rookie

Hey Pheonix,

Remember this thread?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170389

I'm really keen on getting the frontpipe replaced. Will the Bosal front pipe feel any different than the OEM frontpipe? That's what I'm really worried about. I want to do this right the first time and not have to worry about the frontpipe anymore.

The muffler can always come later, or I'll see how bad my stock muffler sounds after getting the frontpipe replaced.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-06, 08:57 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

I sure do remember it.
The bosal front pipe is a direct copy of the OEM one. No performance benifit on it, it's just way, way, way, way lower in price!
The y-pipe really has no bearing on the sound. If it does, I've never noticed it on any cars. (It would on yours, yours is probably vibrating & junk from not having a flex section!)

I'd tell you to just ship it here with a flex section & I'll put it on my car & fix it. The problem is Canadian customs.
Frankly... Yall suck. You ship something Can -> US & we get it without an extra day in customs. You ship something US-> Can & it spends atleast 3 days in a warehouse & half the time the Canadian customs loose the thing - so it sits there for weeks... Only because it's lost in a warehouse...
I sold a guy a turbo in canada, he got it on time. I sold some computer parts to another couple of guys. One is still waiting 2 months later - the other two waited an extra 2 weeks. I dislike Canadian customs LoL!

Last edited by Pheonix; 06-10-06 at 09:01 AM.