ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Car just stalled when making a u-turn

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 11:41 AM
IcedOver68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car just stalled when making a u-turn

ES300 just quit working in the middle of a U-turn. It tries to start and stay on for about 2 seconds and then dies out. Fuel is being delivered. If I crank on engine and give it alot of gas it will stay on at a very high rev and or course I have to pump the heck out of the gas pedal.

The engine will make a low pop sound as it is dies. Will not stay on. I checked all vacuum hosed and all appears fine. Might try to clean the throttle body with a toothbrush and I know there are some cleaners that will damage sensors.

I might want to clean the fuel injectors while I am at it. The car a had a weird idle while stopped at red lights. The card also suffered from a stumbling gas pedal as you first get off the line but when you get going the car runs fine and gets great gas mileage. No idiot codes are present since the idiot light has not gone off. I just replaced the two knock sensors and all went fine there. Any information anyone can offer would be appreciated before I pony up the money to pay a mechanic or before I decide to drop the tank and check fuel filter and sending unit????

Thanks, JT
Old 06-17-06, 11:52 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Make sure you have the top & bottom intake manifolds on correctly, and the vacuum hoses (Especially the air-assit hose for the fuel injectors)
If you're popping-as in backfiring, you're running lean - i.e. too much air, not enough fuel. Which means either a vaucum leak, or not squirting enouh fuel when ou should be.

After double checking that kinda stuff.
Test the pump & the fuel pressure (And the residual fuel pressure 5min after the pump is turned off - should still be >20psi), AFM output.