ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

More Horsepower !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 10:44 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and headers can be made for the es, i talked to a place called Miami Mufflers and they are gonna check out my car this weekend and let me know how much the custom exhaust and headers would be. but yea custom headers can be made, you us gotta be willin to spend the $$$$.
Old 08-03-06, 10:54 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
yea i know that each mod isnt gonna give me 10 HP, i was jus usin it as a kind of example, i wish we would get 10 out of each one !! but hey is it possible to get a new ecu? how much would it cost, and where can i get it?
That is a great question.

At one time, Weapon-R was going to come out with an ECU (under $1000 USD) for my RX300 with a +20 hp gain. Talked to Leo at Weapon-R several times, but never put out commercially. SRT was also going to get involved with an +120 hp supercharger project for my RX with an ECU, but dropped due to lack of consumer interest. I think you see the picture.

The closest thing is something like the Greddy eManage, but the Lexus ECU is a fighter in terms of trying to control, so it is not an exact fix.

Pheonix knows way more than me on this and especially on those pre-1MZFE motors.
Old 08-03-06, 10:57 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

and headers can be made for the es, i talked to a place called Miami Mufflers and they are gonna check out my car this weekend and let me know how much the custom exhaust and headers would be. but yea custom headers can be made, you us gotta be willin to spend the $$$$.
Custom exhaust may not be cheap either, but they will be less than headers. I still blew quite a bit of cash going into various exhaust designs on my RX300 before I settled on what i have now. Though I want to go straight back from the cat on the y-pipe, no the resonator. I want to get a multichambered muffler (best I can find) before I go back to the U.S. permanently in the future, as I am sure police in Florida would have a field day with my exhaust. Has a drone, but can get loud on WOT.

I love Mexico though...nobody cares.
Old 08-03-06, 11:25 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

yea im gonna try to get the best street legal exhaust system i can find, or maybe one thats a little illegal but that you wont be able to tell . besides my mom works for the police dept. here so i kno most of the cops anywayz, they stop me jus for fun and to give me a little scare. a lot of them are pushin for me to get it, lol.
Old 08-03-06, 11:41 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

yea im gonna try to get the best street legal exhaust system i can find, or maybe one thats a little illegal but that you wont be able to tell . besides my mom works for the police dept. here so i kno most of the cops anywayz, they stop me jus for fun and to give me a little scare. a lot of them are pushin for me to get it, lol.
I am glad Florida does not have something like CARB (call it FARB or maybe even FART in Florida) and scrapped that emissions program they had in a few counties including Dade about 6 years ago. You can imagine if Florida police were as vigilant as the ones in California on mods.
Old 08-03-06, 11:48 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

yea down here they crack down more on the red and blue lights, and on the dark window tints, lol. and they dont care about the noise level here either, except maybe a night, and at miami-beach, they get crazy over at miami beach. 25ft. !! if they can hear ur music from 25 feet away, TICKET !! lol it sucks cuz thats where some ppl like showin off their systems the most, i wouldnt tho, i dont want my stuff gettin jacked.
Old 08-03-06, 11:52 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

and i also need pheonix's help on the ecu question, PHEONIX HELP WHERE CAN I GET ONE FOR MY 94 ES300? plz help
Old 08-03-06, 11:52 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats true, but some cops will mess with you anyway, they like to target Riced out cars, or somebody Blingin.
I'd been pulled over before because the cop told me he could hear my car pulling away from a stoplight. Then he decided to point out all my non amber signals and so forth.
In the end I started up my car, told him this is the Quietest aftermarket exhaust I could purchase.
After I revved it up a few times, he let me go, and said "damn it is pretty quite".
Go figure...
Im sure he didn't have a device to measure my exhaust Db anyway.
Just goes to show cops can mess with you about anything..

The thing that gets me is some trucks run around being 4X as loud as some car exhaust but there never hassled.

OH and yeah the 25 ft law. F that....
Old 08-03-06, 11:57 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

lol yea the 25 ft law is one of the gayest iv ever heard of, but like i said i think its only for miami beach. evrywhere else its like 50 to 75 ft. and one of my friends had a riced out corolla with a ridiculously loud exhaust, to the point where you couldnt hear the music, he had to 12"s with an 800 watt amp and you could barely hear the bass !! he never got pulled over once for it being too loud, lol. i think cops just get bored sometimes.
Old 08-03-06, 12:01 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 25 ft Law applies on the West coast of FL as well..
maybe all of florida.
I know for sure though my area as well..
Old 08-03-06, 12:03 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Maxx941
maybe all of florida.
My friend in Bradenton says the muscle cars get a pass from the police like the trucks. Sound l don´t worry too much about in terms of exhaust, I can fix that, but emissions programs....I don´t like those one bit.
Old 08-03-06, 12:10 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Maxx941
maybe all of florida.
well not here in kendall or south miami, i stop right next to cops evry morning on my way to work, like at traffic lights, and none of them have ever said anything. and i have my music blaring, it wakes me up in the morning, lol. one of the cops even started bobbing his head to my music once, that was classic !!
Old 08-03-06, 12:13 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

OK, what do you want to know about the ECU?
They can't be reprogrammed (Well technically they can, but that will never happen, so forget it)
You can go standalone, but no standalone likes the crank signal, or the cam signal, so plan on doing a custom retrofit.
Cheap piggybacks like an AFC suck hind tit.
You ECU is ungodly **** retentive on top of everything.

That's "all you ever wanted 2 know about your ECU in 30 seconds".

Now what are your real ECU questions
Old 08-03-06, 12:16 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

where can i buy a new one? a better one than the one i currently have. and about how much would it cost? how much for installation?
Old 08-03-06, 12:27 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yiiiick. That's a loaded question.
Well for a full standalone, You can build a megasquirt 2 for maybe $400 bucks. AEM's bottom of the line standalone runs what $700-850 now? All the good stuff you see in the US alot, AEM, Haltech, Perfect Power's XMS. Over a grand.
Not including isntallation, tuning & the fact that you'll pay out the wahoo for someone having to do afew custom sensor installs to get them to work.

As far as a piggyback.
A fully upgraded original e-manage runs $500+. I like SMT6's much better for a lot of reasons (more advanced, no upgrading, cheaper) run like $409-420usd right now?
The newer E-manage ultimates are good, and $700-900. Even better are the perfect power SMT7's at around $700-750.

SMT7's are *the* most advanced piggybacks on the market. It's almost uncomprehencable what you can do with one. SMT6's can get almost any job done too. I just sold mine (I think) finally.

Quick Reply: More Horsepower !!